[Fixt] Frozen Map Bug and stuck in easy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanrai

Apr 8, 2022
MAP.PNG
So my map has been frozen in the expanded mode for some time now. It was working as intended at first, but at some point I stopped being able to toggle it by clicking or with the M hotkey. The M hotkey does still work for changing npc portraits. Starting a new game has my map frozen in the retracted position. I've tried restarting my machine, updating java, clearing my cache, even using different browsers.

Also, I appear to stuck in easy mode. Toggled on or off, everything does the same damage, usually 1 even in the first Tarkus dungeon. I've tried everything I did with the map bug and even went so far as to try save editing. Toggling the option in the menu then saving doesn't actually change the flag in the save file, and changing the flag manually does nothing. This doesn't seem universal though as some enemies have hit for reasonable amounts of damage, most notably Dane and Gabilani Vacationers. This isn't just bosses though, as the Tarkus pirates all do 1 damage, up to 4 for their really big attacks. Here's a save.

Attachments

• Sanrai (H) - 3Hrs 51Mins, 20 Days - ELEVATOR.json
    606.7 KB · Views: 4

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
So my map has been frozen in the expanded mode for some time now. It was working as intended at first, but at some point I stopped being able to toggle it by clicking or with the M hotkey.
Think it might be a bug that appeared in the game at some point. I have the same issue -- clicking on the expanded map doesn't minimize it. Clicking on character portrait (or using N shortcut) does minimize the map, but puts the expanded character portrait in its place (and leaves miniportrait area blank). Toggling between map and stats (the ~ button) while the map is expanded hides the expanded map panel and doesn't do anything to stat display.

On side note, the layout of map, portrait, stats and the toggle button could use some work, it's currently not very optimal with considerable chunk remaining static and/or unused. As some people have suggested, using the layout of combat screen, with UI data columns on both sides, might work better? Something along the lines of: (pardon crude mockup)

1649508999395.png

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
The map bug has been fixed and pushed out in a hotfix already.

The options toggle definitely works. I verified it with the function the game uses to detect easy mode.

What flag are you looking up and where? I didn't see DamageFlag.EASY on your base HP resistances or shield resistances.

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
One thing I did notice was that you had maxed willpower - which blocks tease damage, and full body covering armor, which usually gives a fair bit of resolve (also blocks tease damage).

Likely you are just too dang tough for these easy enemies.

Sanrai

Apr 8, 2022
I'm reffering to the easymode flag at the top of the save next to the sillymode and debugmode flags. I also change it in the menu.

With easy mode in options off.
just take the missile.PNG

With it on
easy mode on.PNG

Usually it takes 40 to 50 turns for the mech to kill me.

fennecfire

Feb 8, 2022
I think the issue is, you're level 10 in a level 5 dungeon. It just feels like easy mode because it's not a challenge anymore. You're OP.

Sanrai

Apr 8, 2022
standing here.PNG
Not level 10. Level 5. I was on level for this dungeon.

Edit, also, I probably should have taken screen shots, but during the saendra rescue fight, I would take about a quarter of the damage she would from grenades. Meanwhile during the deck 13 robot fight Anno and I took about equal damage when targeted. They also hit MUCH harder than Khorgan's mech, but not in an overpowered way, more like they were doing the damage they were supposed to be doing.

Last edited:

fennecfire

Feb 8, 2022
View attachment 23077
Not level 10. Level 5. I was on level for this dungeon.

Edit, also, I probably should have taken screen shots, but during the saendra rescue fight, I would take about a quarter of the damage she would from grenades. Meanwhile during the deck 13 robot fight Anno and I took about equal damage when targeted. They also hit MUCH harder than Khorgan's mech, but not in an overpowered way, more like they were doing the damage they were supposed to be doing.
Ah, I was looking at the other person's screenshot and got confused. My bad.

Sanrai

Apr 8, 2022
1 damage crit.PNG
There is no way that's a normal amount of crit damage. We're both doing chip, this fight could take over a hundred turns. She also takes very little lust damage.

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I appreciate you going after this so hard. I poked at it some more and I can confirm that the easy mode damage halving appears to happen even if with the toggle flipped out.

Further investigation determined it was nothing specific about your save file. Rather, the check in javascript was basically slightly miscoded to always be true.

if(isEasyModeEnabled)
would always return true, because it checks that the function exists, rather than running it to compare the result to.

I've fixed it for next patch to
if(isEasyModeEnabled())
The extra ()'s make all the difference! Tagging as fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.