Firefox not opening SWFs anymore

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
So, am I the only one that can't open any SWF with Firefox since the last update? Have somebody figured something out about it and willing to share his wisdom with me? :catte:

I'm obliged to play Tits and CoC in this filthy old browser that is Internet Explorer for now, ew.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Aye, but what about the save files? Where do I need to transfer my saves?

orcsoul

Nov 22, 2015
Flash universally stores data like saves in a central path that branches relative to the flash app...

For CoC/TiTS on Windows for example it'll be in C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\XXXXX\localhost.

So regardless of using in-browser or the external flash player, your pre-existing saves that weren't saved "externally" will still be visible.

NathanTrial

Aug 28, 2016
I have an up to date Firefox and can still load SWFs with it. I just checked with CoC and it loaded fine. Even if you get CoC and TiTs working with an alternative method, I'd recommend checking to see what's wrong with your computer that's preventing SWFs from opening in Firefox.

Also you should probably make sure your flash is up to date. Updating flash might be all you need to do.

Last edited:

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
I have an up to date Firefox and can still load SWFs with it. I just checked with CoC and it loaded fine. Even if you get CoC and TiTs working with an alternative method, I'd recommend checking to see what's wrong with your computer that's preventing SWFs from opening in Firefox.

Also you should probably make sure your flash is up to date. Updating flash might be all you need to do.
It is up to date, I've checked recent thread on forums and people seem to have the same problem as I did

Flash universally stores data like saves in a central path that branches relative to the flash app...

For CoC/TiTS on Windows for example it'll be in C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\XXXXX\localhost.

So regardless of using in-browser or the external flash player, your pre-existing saves that weren't saved "externally" will still be visible.
Okay, thanks !

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Are you getting a message like "This site uses a plugin that may slow Firefox"? If so there should be an option to activate flash. I'm guessing FF is starting to phase out flash now that it's officially about to die.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Last edited:

NathanTrial

Aug 28, 2016
It is up to date, I've checked recent thread on forums and people seem to have the same problem as I did
Ah, odd that my Firefox update wasn't affected the same way then. I'll keep the solution that you found in mind in the event that the next update does this to me too.