[Implemented] Kase Bokiil, Kitty Boy Crewmember

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
So, I'm guessing you've all done the Mhen'ga quest recently created by Savin, mainly featuring a Gryvain hacker. It also (barely) featured an unnamed Kaithrit male who works for Pyrite and sends you on the quest. He, unfortunately, didn't have much to him, but Adjatha made an amazing bust for him that made me love this kitty to pieces, so much so that I wanted to make an expansion for him, and that's just what I'm doing.

So, this is going to be my next "big" project. Basically, after completing his quest, you'll find the kitty boy on Mhen'ga in Burt's Mead Hall, where he'll still be nursing his injured arm and waiting for Pyrite to redeploy him. There, he'll introduce himself as "Kase Bokiil" and express his dissatisfaction with his current employers. From then, you can offer to buy his contract and get him to work for you, or have SteeleTech hire him Anno is on your crew (along with some other fun stuff you can do at the bar with him). Of course, you can have him hired by SteeleTech later on if you want.

Though, after a week if you choose not to hire him, he will disappear never to be seen again, back to his terrible job with Pyrite Industries. (This is the main point I'm hoping to get feedback on.)

But, should you hire him, you will gain the powers of Kase Bokiil: Logistics Officer, cute cat boy, and bed warmer.

Anyway here's his doc:

Kase Bokiil: Logistics Officer

All of Kase's base content is now complete.

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Oh god, you're going to make us choose between having a pup and a kitty as a bedwarmer. I don't think my heart can take that.

Also Anno being Anno is amazing.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
This would be a first. The first male sleep partner/crewmember. Unless you count Ben but they're like what do you want, here you go rather than pure male crew member. Great job Hugs!

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Awww yeah!!! :toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Getting ourselves a kitty boi. (I know Em is dancing to the mere thought of this)

But anyway, in the event that you keep the 1 week limit to recruit him, will you set it to when you first see him or when you first talk to him? My ship is getting pretty damn full at this point, and that ship update is looming around. So as much as im gonna love him as a crew member, i may want to hold up a bit till i know how the crew size is gonna work. (Thats just my logic side going, im probably gonna grab him anyway and deal with the consequences when the Casstech's crew limit sets in,)

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
How would the time limit effect players that progressed extremely far into the game? The Pyrite quest is very early in the game and people might miss out on a optional crew member because they progressed far into the game before it was implemented into TiTS. Perhaps there shouldn't be a time limit or a different reason why he's still on Mhen'ga (eliminating the need for a time limit). That way players with save files that they spent time working on and growing attached to won't have to start a new save file and do everything over again just to have a new member.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
How would the time limit effect players that progressed extremely far into the game? The Pyrite quest is very early in the game and people might miss out on a optional crew member because they progressed far into the game before it was implemented into TiTS. Perhaps there shouldn't be a time limit or a different reason why he's still on Mhen'ga (eliminating the need for a time limit). That way players with save files that they spent time working on and growing attached to won't have to start a new save file and do everything over again just to have a new member.
It's not a one week timer from when you start the game as the timer starts when you complete the probe quest he gives you.

The timer will start from when you update the game to whatever patch this xpac comes out in, that's how other timers in situations like this have worked.

Last edited:

Virus

Aug 27, 2017
Thats like the entire purpose of this thread. Its him becoming a crew member
Sorry what I should have said is I hope he makes it in the game, I know not every character someone creates will make it in TiTs but I hope Kase does

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
He's already in the game. This is just an expansion to make him a crew member. Besides, Hugs does good work I'm sure it will get in.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Get ready for

~*CHEESE BOI*~

HE'S NOT A CHEESE BOY.

But anyway, in the event that you keep the 1 week limit to recruit him, will you set it to when you first see him or when you first talk to him? My ship is getting pretty damn full at this point, and that ship update is looming around. So as much as im gonna love him as a crew member, i may want to hold up a bit till i know how the crew size is gonna work. (Thats just my logic side going, im probably gonna grab him anyway and deal with the consequences when the Casstech's crew limit sets in,)

I'm not sure about that right now. Methinks it might be up to the coders, but someone left a suggestion recommending I hint at him staying at the bar, or how long he's going to be in town, which I'm going to try to do.

The timer will start from when you update the game to whatever patch this xpac comes out in, that's how other timers in situations like this have worked.

What lancer says is what I think is going to happen, but remember this isn't really meant specifically for people who are playing the game right now as it's in progress. Much like how the new addition to gastigoth, Sam, can't be encountered unless you start a new game, it doesn't really matter so long as it works in the finished product when we don't have to continuously update the game.

He's already in the game. This is just an expansion to make him a crew member. Besides, Hugs does good work I'm sure it will get in.

While he is in-game at the moment, he is currently unnamed, and lack interactions outside of starting and ending the Pyrite Mhen'ga quest, and thanks for the compliment.

In other news, though:

I'm trying to get through Kase's miscellaneous crew content before I get to work on his sex scenes and possible threesomes.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Steele, Kase, Anno/Syri/Erra more likely

Last edited:
Reactions: alkeiser

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Reactions: alkeiser

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
I realy love the character, but as a RPG player, I hate the idea of having him disappear after a week.
Locking player out of content is allready annoying in most games, but its even worse in TITS as time never seemed to play much of a role in the game. Even your rival seems to wait for you, so adding a timer based choice seems to be at odds with the rest of the game.

How about keeping the timer idea, but make him either switch planets or disapper for a while? IE hes 5 days on Mhen'ga, then disappers for a couple of days, reappears for a week on Myr, then disappers again and so on.
OR: Everytime you land on a planet, there is a small chance he appears in the hanger for the next 6 or so hours before leaving the planet.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Man, you're really burning through this one, aren't ya?

Eh, sort've, writing all his miscellaneous content and crew stuff and talk scenes was fast because I enjoyed writing that stuff a lot, giving Kase his character, cuddly sleep scenes, handjobs, and all that stuff.

Now I'm onto the sex scenes though, which are at this point the least fun things to write unless I got a really good idea or I'm writing something entirely new. Unfortunately, this is all base content, simple scenes like give/receive oral, anal, power-bottom missionary, frottage. Right now the most interesting things to write will be the threesome with Anno and maybe a tailjob and voyuer scene if I feel up to it after getting done with the current scenes. So, things might take a bit.

How about keeping the timer idea, but make him either switch planets or disapper for a while? IE hes 5 days on Mhen'ga, then disappers for a couple of days, reappears for a week on Myr, then disappers again and so on.
OR: Everytime you land on a planet, there is a small chance he appears in the hanger for the next 6 or so hours before leaving the planet.

That's a lot of extra work on my part, and something I don't really want to do. 7 days is a pretty long time, most people get to Tarkus in that time, not to mention the countdown only starts after completing his quest. I don't want him sitting around the bar waiting to get redeployed for eternity, either.

Anyway I finished the give oral and pitch anal sex scenes. Dunno what I wanna work on next.

Reactions: Darkpheonix

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
Maybe start the countdown after you meet him at the bar? It's pretty easy for players who aren't in the know to miss him entirely.

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
That's a lot of extra work on my part, and something I don't really want to do. 7 days is a pretty long time, most people get to Tarkus in that time, not to mention the countdown only starts after completing his quest. I don't want him sitting around the bar waiting to get redeployed for eternity, either.

True, but loosing a crew member while still exploring the first planets reeks of the good old Sierra adventures where you could fuck up your game early on and still continue to play for hours before realising it just because you missed an item/clue somewhere. Certainly not a fun experience and a good way to piss off new players.

At least consider adding a sentence into his intro his repeatable intro that he might leave in a week/in a couple of days/soon/tomororow to warn players.

Last edited:

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Petplay, obvz.

Unfortunately there's not going to be any pet-play in his base content, he might wear a collar and leash for one scene to enhance power-bottoming on the PCs part. There might be some in a future expansion, if someone that isn't wants to write some, but Kase gets off more on obeying orders and being told what to do than full-on pet-play.

Maybe start the countdown after you meet him at the bar? It's pretty easy for players who aren't in the know to miss him entirely.

That's a good suggestion that I can implemented easily.

Reactions: General Drayfox

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I finished up Kase's frottage and receive oral scenes today, and ended up working the tailjob idea into the former. This means 4/6 of Kase's base sex scenes are complete.

I also edited a note, so his one week countdown will only start once you interact with Kase at the bar (although I may retcon that because of his broken arm mechanic), and I added a visible countdown to his "work" talk scene.

Reactions: Zavos