[Final edits] Ranged weapon expansion pack

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Ranged Weapon expansion Pack

====================================================================================================================================================================================================
This pack brings new ranged weapons and also re-balances most of the old ones. It's almost ready for submission. All weapons are fully coded and fully tested, for a total of 173 items.

XiGh8E6.png

====================================================================================================================================================================================================

Spreadsheet

This is a spreadsheet which is a bit more beautiful and easier to understand.

Nice spreadsheet, click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapon descriptions

I've compiled the weapon descriptions in an independent doc, so you don't have to rummage through the code looking for them.

Weapon descriptions, click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapon design

In the following document I keep my design philosophy, some keywords and concepts as well as basic info.

Design philosophy, click here.

Raw code

Raw code here.

============================================================================

I also need your comments, suggestions and help with proofreading.
Did I miss a t or an s? did I write can when I meant can't? did I write something in mutant English? weird grammar? is a word missing? the usual.

A Clod

Aug 15, 2017
:allears: Sooooo.....many weapons to choose from *starts drooling like a kid in a candy store*

I'm already imagining all the mischief Steele could cause with the dildobat and dildozooka

Backwoods

May 2, 2016
Seattle, WA
Absolutely beautiful. We could always use more toys of the combat-oriented variety.
As opposed to sex-toys, I guess.
I'm not sure where we'd see these weapons ingame, but I dearly hope that Fenco accepts 'em. This scratches the dakka itch nicely.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Laying waste with a Machine-Gun (or the nearest equivalent) is a wonderful feeling in any game with weapons involved. Good luck with getting this in.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Did you have places marked for where the new weapons are sold?
Also the spreadsheet mentions a balance limit, but I see no mention of where you derive such a value.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Did you have places marked for where the new weapons are sold?
Also the spreadsheet mentions a balance limit, but I see no mention of where you derive such a value.

Sorry I couldn't answer before, I've got a new time consuming job, but today is my free day, so I'm back.

What I mean by balance limit is that the current in-game items don't go above 25 damage, save for the Saurmorian railgun, so I had to improvise the stats beyond that point and that's what made me come with the design philosophy. I decided to use a linear increment in stats and price instead of exponential, because exponential, while being the most typical, never ends well on games with a long life expectancy, see World of Warcraft after the Cataclysm patch for example.

I don't have places marked for the new weapons, but I designed most of them to be generic enough to be sold on common shops or to be acquired as loot from defeating random NPCs or as quest rewards. I thought it would be best than tailoring each weapon to an specific location or shop.

Of course the junk, scavenged, salvaged and rusted weapons have their own wasteland theme, but the descriptions were designed to fit both Xandam and Tarkus.

What I mean is, I'm fine with whatever use, vendor or obtaining method you propose.

TFMaster

Hey @Thebiologist!
It sounds like Fenoxo is currently working on implementing some of your weapons into the game as well as a weapon statistics revamp for all current weapons. If you already knew this then just ignore this comment it's just exciting is all. Oh and I believe a congratulations is in order so Congratulations!

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Hey @Thebiologist!
It sounds like Fenoxo is currently working on implementing some of your weapons into the game as well as a weapon statistics revamp for all current weapons. If you already knew this then just ignore this comment it's just exciting is all. Oh and I believe a congratulations is in order so Congratulations!

Thanks and yes, it seems some of my weapons might make it in-game, hopefully, although most likely with completely different stats.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Hopefully we get more bows, they didn't add in a perk just for it to be wasted.

DrMostlySane

Sep 24, 2017
More bows would be nice, maybe Tanis could be expanded upon a bit too and he can give you a perk that increases the damage for bow weapons to let the current ones keep up with the other ranged weapons in scaling.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
More bows would be nice, maybe Tanis could be expanded upon a bit too and he can give you a perk that increases the damage for bow weapons to let the current ones keep up with the other ranged weapons in scaling.
I wish he would give us the quick shot perk after say... 15 trainings, shoots between 1-3 extra arrows (33% for 1, 2 or 3 extra ranged attack with bows), stacks with other attack multiplicative bonuses.

Last edited: