Far Cry 5 announced! And you won't believe where it's taking us...

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Wait, really? Canada? Are you serious? Far Cry usually takes place in countries with heavily destabilized governments (or non-existent ones), civil wars, constant armed fighting, etc. How in god's name are they going to pull this off? I need to google this.

Edit: @XBoxMaster131 Where are you from that you think Montana is a part of Canada?
That still doesn't make any sense though. I don't see how they could set a game in the US, unless it is in some sort of weird, crazy ass timeline.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Wait, really? Canada? Are you serious? Far Cry usually takes place in countries with heavily destabilized countries, civil wars, constant armed fighting, etc. How in gods name are they going to pull this off? I need to google this.

Edit: @XBoxMaster131 Where are you from that you think Montana is a part of Canada?
That still doesn't make any sense though. I don't see how they could set a game in the US, unless it is in some sort of weird, crazy ass timeline.
What?!?! No! "South AMERICA". Get it? He was only one word off.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Aaaaaactually... I did mean "USA" by "the obvious". But yeah, this basically means I won't give 1/16th of a shit.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Because to me Far Cry has always been about exotic locations (Africa, Tropical Archipelagos, the Himalayas), not the armpit of Eagleland.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Least they haven't done a FANTASY setting with Far Cry. They did do the whole prehistoric cave-man era with Far Cry Primal. Blood Dragon doesn't count as fantasy, that is more Sci-fi.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Canada? Why Canada?! Land of Maple Syrup and Hockey? Weird choice for Far Cry