Evening: 100% human female who feels some way about mods

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
Okay, before I start I should address a lot of elephants in the room:
  • Posting an idea right after making a new account probably doesn't look like a good idea
  • Posting a character right after making a new account definitely isn't a good idea
  • At the time of this writing, new character submissions currently aren't allowed
But hey, quarantine has broken me, and I have literally nothing to do but be slowly driven insane for the next two weeks. So just consider this a creative writing exercise on my part until I actually get something substantial put together. Maybe by the time I finish, character submissions will open up again?

Here's my idea in a nutshell:
  • A human woman, completely unmodded, who serves as an encounter at a bar (and ideally a potential quest/follower, but that's a tall order)
  • Her name is Evening because I got it in my head that her introduction would be some kind of stupid joke based on her being named after a time of day
  • She's a tomboy and less thicc than most of the females of the game; I feel like a lot of the women in TiTs have generally similar proportions, and I wanted something a little different.
  • Easygoing and playful as long as you don't delve into her sad angsty backstory. She's up for a good lay, but I'm thinking of restricting access somehow, either by appearance or taint levels if that's a thing. Something something trauma, something something she probably can't have sex with horse people. (Is that racist?)
  • A bounty hunter, because I love cowboy bebop. She also has reasons for getting good at finding slippery people...
  • The way almost any character can mod their appearance into whatever they want has always been a fascinating part of the game to me. I wanted to explore the possible repercussions of this, because appearance is so tied to identity, and I see it drawing some parallels to stuff like plastic surgery.
  • At the risk of sounding too Westworld, her cornerstone is this: when she was young, her mother got addicted to using TFs and other drugs, and eventually used them so often that she became unrecognizable, and eventually disappeared. This has left Evening with a bad taste in her mouth when it comes to mods, and she struggles to come to terms with their use when clearly everyone else is so gung-ho about it but they've caused her family so much anguish.
  • Prepare for some potentially pretentious discussion about how crazy TFs can get and by the way, has anyone noticed that 99% of people have really big tits for some reason? And dicks? Just... really big? It boggles her mind.
  • Her combat would be tied into this and rely more on physical attacks (I see her as also being a bit of a gun enthusiast) rather than lust attacks
  • An eventual quest for her would be her tracking down and finally confronting her mother, with Steele potentially being taken along for the ride. Something something emotional trauma, something something her mom turned to piracy or other crime to support her addiction. Cue the sad reveal that Evening resisted the use of mods partly because she hoped that one day she'd find her mother, and even if she wouldn't be able to recognize her, at least her mom might have been able to recognize her instead. (Spoiler: she doesn't).
I realize this is a very ambitious project, especially for a first timer. I don't expect to get all of this done in one go, but if I divide it into smaller pieces I can mark out a natural progression, and start with number one and release the others as expacs:
  1. Casual bar encounter, with the potential to swap good stories and get laid
  2. The option to 'duel' or spar with her, in return for credits or something else (really this is just an excuse to get her combat mechanics hashed out)
  3. Introduce a quest, to be unlocked after spending a sufficient amount of time hanging with/banging her
  4. Unlock as a follower, though I don't really have any features in mind for this part, so consider this stage unlikely.
I don't have a google docs set up yet, but I will if there seems to be some interest in the character. I realize she's not what people would usually play the game for, so there's a chance that there won't be a place for her. Let me know what you think!

TL;DR I'm taking this game about fucking big-tittied aliens a little too seriously, sorrynotsorry

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
Haha, thanks! I'm definitely guilty of doing the button mashing with some characters (shout out to Dane and Ciaran, I love both of them so much). I'll consider this a job well done if I manage to get other people to feel the same. Definitely gonna write many a drunken tale about far off planets and hilariously botched jobs for her initial encounter.

I actually would like to initiate a 'special' combat with her duel (which I will totally turn into lasertag if given the chance), where melee attacks are disabled, but I'm a bit concerned about whether that'd be codable and whether it'd be an enjoyable experience to play through. Not sure if truncating the combat system is the way to go. Maybe using random number generation based on reflex and aim would be more fitting.

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
:yes: this is possible. Could give Steele the option to play for credits or to decide dominance. Also, that gives me the idea that you could potentially let Evening borrow a gun during her quest, to make her deal more damage or lust damage instead of her default weapon. Though I'm not sure if it's possible to code that...

TheShepard256

I actually would like to initiate a 'special' combat with her duel (which I will totally turn into lasertag if given the chance), where melee attacks are disabled, but I'm a bit concerned about whether that'd be codable and whether it'd be an enjoyable experience to play through. Not sure if truncating the combat system is the way to go.
It's codable, but if it's going to be a more traditional duel (i.e. guns only, no special abilities), it's probably better to make it more like betting against Syri (which actually makes use of the same function that determines if a ranged attack in combat will hit or not).
Also, that gives me the idea that you could potentially let Evening borrow a gun during her quest, to make her deal more damage or lust damage instead of her default weapon. Though I'm not sure if it's possible to code that...
Also codable; the main thing you have to worry about here is which weapons are eligible to lend to her, because there are quite a few different types of ranged weapon, and not all of them may be appropriate to her character (especially the Warden Shield). Given that more ranged weapons will be added in the future, it's probably best to make availability criteria that depend upon the weapon's stats and/or flags (e.g. 'nothing with negative evasion', 'only weapons with the Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun flags').
She's up for a good lay, but I'm thinking of restricting access somehow, either by appearance or taint levels if that's a thing. Something something trauma, something something she probably can't have sex with horse people. (Is that racist?)
Theoretically, you could restrict access to scenes based on literally any criteria the game can track, though obviously there should be a reason behind why those criteria are there (e.g. if a scene requires a cock to access, that cock should be necessary for the scene to make sense). In Evening's case, it seems like she disapproves of taking at least certain kinds of mods, so I could understand her not wanting to have sex with heavily modded individuals. The main problem there is figuring out how much is too much, especially given that Steele has seven possible starting races (with the potential for more to be added).
and by the way, has anyone noticed that 99% of people have really big tits for some reason? And dicks? Just... really big? It boggles her mind.
Keep in mind that big tits/dicks are natural for some species, and that Steele can start with some rather large endowments: the maximum starting breast size is big GG-cups (half-suula female), the maximum starting cock length is 20" (half-leithan male; if we're excluding half-leithans because they're taurs, this becomes 14" (half-suula male)) (+2" with the Hung perk), and a half-gryvain herm can have both G-cup breasts and a 12" cock (14" with Hung). While Steele is a designer baby, I doubt those endowment options would be available if they couldn't occur naturally.

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
That's some really good feedback, thank you! I think you've made up my mind for the duel to be more like Syri's encounter since I just wanted it to be stat based. As for the weapons, I'll think about it. I don't want to restrict choices too much, and being a gun nut would make her more likely to know how to use a larger variety of guns, but I think I saw some weapons have stat restrictions so I'd have to take that into account. She'd also refuse to take anything weaker than her starting gear.

I'll have to think more about what she would and wouldn't be okay with in terms of modding. Taurs would be out. I think I'll have to look more at the code itself and see what parameters are available.

Keep in mind that big tits/dicks are natural for some species, and that Steele can start with some rather large endowments: the maximum starting breast size is big GG-cups (half-suula female), the maximum starting cock length is 20" (half-leithan male; if we're excluding half-leithans because they're taurs, this becomes 14" (half-suula male)) (+2" with the Hung perk), and a half-gryvain herm can have both G-cup breasts and a 12" cock (14" with Hung). While Steele is a designer baby, I doubt those endowment options would be available if they couldn't occur naturally.

Yeah, this bit is more meta-commentary on my part, because I noticed a lot of characters are really heavily endowed. I was under the impression that at least some of this was the result of modding, but now that you bring up species I think I may have been wrong. Originally this dialogue option would be about her wondering about the trend of modding your body parts to be bigger and bigger, until people are satisfied or realize they have to Flower for Algernon their genitals (this kinda happened with Dane which is how I got the idea). I'll have to rethink this.

Sex-wise, she'd wouldn't be physically capable of taking on anyone too big anyways. I have to think about whether she'd exclude certain species altogether along with how modded people can appear.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I like the sound of her but... what's this about character submissions not being allowed?

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
If you go to the submit a project thread, the form Fen links says he's not presently accepting new characters. I assume they'll open up eventually though. Just means I'll have to be patient and wait for them to open, assuming I get her done.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Well that sucks... wonder why.

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
I assume they just want to limit the amount of larger sized submissions for the time being to free up more time to work on other features or a backlog. I don't expect it to be permanent.

Last edited:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
I might very well be wrong, but that might not be a firmly set rule, more of a tool to dissuade a quantity over quality issue. Fen will always have the final call, but if you create a solid piece of writing that fits well into the game then i can't really imagine why it'd be rejected.
The only option present for if your thing is a character is a solid no. While it's probably not permanent, currently it's "Character? GTFO."

Anyway, my apologies for disrupting the thread, hope she turns out well.

SheeptaurTheSheepKing

Jan 26, 2020
You could always do lasertag with Slut Rays.

Okay, that's just too perfect an idea for somebody not to use it eventually.
Maybe if we ever get a planet that's like a giant amusement park they'll have a "Lazer-Slut Arena" as an attraction. Or Steele could get an invitation to some kind of celebrity double dare/america gladiators style game show with all lust based trials and events.

Aceinthehole

Apr 20, 2020
To anyone who has expressed interest in the idea: I've made an offical WIP thread and a google doc! You can find both of them here. Further comments, questions, and concerns in that thread would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Nofapathon

Jun 26, 2021
Great content, though it REALLY feels as if the sex/relationship options for this character should be 100% unmodded human PC exclusive.

Even though NOT repeating Victor Steele's errors is one of the major plot lines, there is currently very little incentive to play as an unmodded cis human. Unmoded PC has the most blocked sex scenes (due to not having the right body parts) and no special combat advantages (no tail/wings/perks that come from mods and taint). Since Evening is 100% human herself (and detest mods or taint), it will fit her character the most to require that particular condition, which will support the most underappreciated playstyle.

TheShepard256

Great content, though it REALLY feels as if the sex/relationship options for this character should be 100% unmodded human PC exclusive.

Even though NOT repeating Victor Steele's errors is one of the major plot lines, there is currently very little incentive to play as an unmodded cis human. Unmoded PC has the most blocked sex scenes (due to not having the right body parts) and no special combat advantages (no tail/wings/perks that come from mods and taint). Since Evening is 100% human herself (and detest mods or taint), it will fit her character the most to require that particular condition, which will support the most underappreciated playstyle.
First off, this thread has been dead for a year (most people don't like when threads are necroed like this), and the last post before yours links to a newer thread that would be more appropriate to put your post in. Second, it's actually nagas and taurs who have the most blocked sex scenes and are the most underappreciated (or at least disincentivised) playstyle, since many scenes simply don't support body configurations other than bipedal and relatively few players are into nagas and/or taurs in the first place; neuters are a close second, for similar reasons. Further to this point, there only a handful of race-locked scenes in the entire game (and all of them are pretty minor and/or non-sexual), so any scenes a given human is blocked from are almost certainly going to be blocked for all bipedal non-humans of the same sex. Third, as I pointed out above:
Steele has seven possible starting races (with the potential for more to be added)
so it's more than possible for them to be both non-human and unmodded. Restricting sex to unmodded human PCs would thus prevent originally half-human Steeles from having sex with her at all, which is a level of racism unprecedented in TiTS and would likely draw a lot of hate towards her (there's one NPC who is explicitly a human supremacist and is one of the most hated in the fandom because of it, and even she will have sex with a non-human Steele).

Nofapathon

Jun 26, 2021
First off, this thread has been dead for a year (most people don't like when threads are necroed like this).
You are right, thank you for the hint. Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the dates. I will post in the appropriate thread.

it's actually nagas and taurs who have the most blocked sex scenes and are the most underappreciated (or at least disincentivised) playstyle,
You are probably right, I haven't played those races much. Though I did test lots of biped variations, and humans still get the barebones treatement (as in only omnirace content, no unique scenes).

Restricting sex to unmodded human PCs would thus prevent originally half-human Steeles from having sex with her at all, which is a level of racism unprecedented in TiTS
Racism is a very strong word. Not to sound like a douchebag, but please don't throw it around where it doesn't belong. Even more importantly, do not confuse and interchange "racism" (hatred, discrimination and prejudice based on phys traits) with "having preferences" (liking and choosing certain traits over others, exercising choice with no discrimination or hatred). I take it is OK to for a character have preferences in a game, you know, all about sexual traits and kinks. Especially if you consider that lightly modded humans are still humans by race, just with different physicalities (hence: "choice and preference"). If anything, TiTs is far, far more guilty of promotion of assault, rape, illegal substances. And loitering.

While I agree that restricting Evening's interactions to unmodded humans will limit the options halfbreed PCs have, it is perfectly normal for a game to have multiple routes and possiblities unique for different builds. Moreover, it will make the choice of modding one's PC have more impactful and communicate that it's a serious step to male with accordance to the game lore (where mod addiction/obsession exists and is a very serious condition) and Evening's entire character backstory. Perhaps as a compromise, 100% human can be a condition to only start the intimate route with her.

Though, I should have been more specific on the topic of human content. So far, unmodded humans have no content made specifically for them (i.e. where 100% humanity is a major factor), while many other half/full races get at least a mention in scenes or separate routes. Humanity was a factor in a number of scenes in CoC, so what gives? If anything, if I was to be a cheeky about it I'd call this a racism towards humans ;))

Last edited: