Ethos of Darkness: a post-apocalyptic erotic RPG

Discussion in 'Other Adult Games' started by rayxelm, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Valerion

Valerion Active Member

Are there going to be the possibility to see this all the game? If the character changes cloths or gets naked, this image will change too?

2. rayxelm

rayxelm Well-Known Member

Yes, also the enemies during the combat scenes and eventually sex scenes too. Not by next release though.

Valerion likes this.
  3. rayxelm

Thanks for the comments!

- Yes, there's no way to get treated by the doctor yet
    - I wasn't aware of that, I'll see what's going on with the weapons. They shouldn't require any special skill.
    - Intentional, since neither of them really did anything yet
    - Compulsions and phobias work only for the player and show as perks. I'm giving all the statistics/perks a rework after finishing the new interface (by version 1.3)
    - Sex is very wonky, specially consensual sex and player as dom. Needs work.
    - Seems like a bug, I'll have that check.

4. rayxelm

New version (1.2.12) released!

+5$ Patrons can download this version from the Patreon post.
    Version 1.2.11 is now available at ethosofdarkness.com

Changes include:
    • New character creator window
    [​IMG]
    • New interface layout for the character creator. This new interface will progressively replace the current one gamewide.
    • Character portrait added in statistics window
    • Safe new area south of Vica
    • Minor minimap style changes
    • Fixed bugs
    Enjoy!

5. Kharn

Kharn Well-Known Member

Hm, I haven't been able to access it for the past day or so. Is it just temporarily down atm?

6. rayxelm

You can't access ethosofdarkness.com? It works for me

7. Kharn

Kharn Well-Known Member

I downloaded it fine, but running it returned an errror of the site cannot be reached once I hit play. This is with version 1.2.11 and using 1.2.10 versions.

8. Hardmix898

Hardmix898 Well-Known Member

How do I become a citizen? Because I got a arm trauma that needed to get heal.

#188 Hardmix898, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. rayxelm

Your browser needs access to port 14928, there may be a firewall blocking it.

10. rayxelm

Next version 1.3.0 will be the first one with graphics, so it will take a bit longer to be released. I'll try to have it by next week, but it's possible it won't be ready until May.

11. Emperor Julius Caesar

How do i do that because the same thing is happening to me

12. Emperor Julius Caesar

Every Time i hit play it comes up with an error

13. Hardmix898

What about the arm trauma? I needed to get heal.

14. LurkerNumberTooMany

You don't get to heal it. He implemented the different traumas, but no actual way of healing them. He also seems to have just fallen off the face of the Earth as since the last Patreon update he has seemingly vanished. No replies that I can find or anything, so I'm going to assume this is yet another project in which the creator has bailed without telling anyone. It may have only been a month, but this is all too familiar as well, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

15. Emperor Julius Caesar

whenever I press the play button I get an error can i get some help?

16. Gamepapa

Gamepapa Well-Known Member

same as the guy above

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. greensnake1

greensnake1 New Member

Map is to low
    and i dont know why i played the earlier version map was good and fine now its to low any way to fix this?

18. rayxelm

A preview of the new graphics and interface. I'm currently testing it and fixing some minor things, so it should be ready in a few days,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. karunama

karunama Well-Known Member

It's kinda weird to me to see it with any graphics at all, really. When I last tried this game out it was all text except the mini-map, iirc

20. rayxelm

Version 1.3 released!
    Changes include:
    • New interface for a graphics oriented gameplay
    • Graphic models for characters, NPCs and items
    • Items remake
    • Backgrounds
    • New character edition window
    • Fixed some typos and text generation errors
    +5$ Patrons can download this version from the Patreon post. Version 1.2.12 is now available at ethosofdarkness.com
    Hope you guys enjoy it

21. Hardmix898

Where were you at?

22. rayxelm

This took a while

23. Hardmix898

How do I heal a arm trauma? How do I become a citizen?

24. rayxelm

Still can't. Becoming a citizen will take a lot, but I'll add a way to have injuries healed for a large sum or offering yourself to slavery.

Injury won't have an easy fix.

25. rayxelm

Version 1.3.1 released:

Changes include:

• New animated scenes: blowjob and pussy eating
    • New blowjob related actions
    • Two new blowjob related perks
    • Models for penis/vaginas in game and character creator
    • Pubic hair selection now shown in character models
    • Action descriptions now shown when hovering over buttons
    • Minor changes in models
    • Added repercussions and details to the warehouse sex scene
    • Improved the "Repeat action" shortcut to avoid it showing up after one-time actions
    • Fixed an error affecting the character portrait after reloading saves
    • Fixed bug that crashed the game after trying to buy items from some vendors
    • Fixed bug that left the player without actions on his prison cell
    • Fixed issues with the after combat sex scene
    • Fixed some errors in text descriptions
    +5$ Patrons can download this version from the Patreon post.
    Version 1.3 is now available at ethosofdarkness.com

Hope you guys enjoy it

26. Motorpsico

Motorpsico Member

I still with the same problem of "Windows 32 invalid application" on the .exe
    Have you already make the 32 bits version? Because this isn't working .

27. lightningshifter

lightningshifter Well-Known Member

The game still seems to bug up after some play. You'll get into a perma stat drain situation. Is there any perks to going back to basecamp to sleep? Also why is it that you make all the stats flatline at 1 after that middle bar appears and goes to red? You can't restore your stats once they're lost by this mechanic. That's a bit too glitchy. Also I found out in 1.3 that you don't want to work in the fields because the menu locks and you can't leave at all. You're stuck with infinite remove weeds.

Also the gameplay is still horribly skewed towards encounters that you can't hide from, you can't run from, and you usually cannot win at due to being outnumbered and outleveled by the enemies. Its a shame that you can't find lone encounters very often with low level enemies around your base camp. You'll be lucky to make it very far from there. I'm trying to figure out the latest trick to gain entry to the town now so that I can finally get some semblance of stability.

Another minor issue is that the game seems very twitchy when it comes to clicking on characters and getting the options to stay up. You'll click and they flicker on and off real fast. Is there some way to make the interface a little more permanent and less twitchy? This click to reveal options is kinda counterintuitive and a little clumsy to work with after trying it out for a bit.

After playing a bit I finally purchased some leather pants with armor of 1. Once I put it on I noticed that every time I opened my inventory or went somewhere that my other clothes would randomly de-equip. It wouldn't let me wear shoes or cover anymore. My top and pants remained on though. I don't know what's going wrong with this system here. It strips the undergarments too.

Its the pants that I bought. They strip all the normal clothing in the inventory. Plus they don't want to stay equipped either xD. That's troublesome since I need armor to survive out here.

#207 lightningshifter, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  28. rayxelm

The game works only in 64 bits systems

I'm not sure what you mean with the stats flat-lining at 1, is this after suffering some sort of trauma?

I want the steppes to be deadly, some lone unarmed civilian shouldn't be able to beat pretty much anybody, until at least leveling some. The problem is that there's still too little to do inside the safe zone between the start point and the town, so there's few opportunities to level, and there aren't warnings about going out of it.

I found that armor bug you mention, not sure if it was before or after releasing 1.3.1. In any case it should be solved for the next release.

29. lightningshifter

lightningshifter Well-Known Member

Its only the raiders that seem to cause it. There's nothing in the way of a natural progression to enemy encounters. They're just stacked grossly against the player from the start. Shouldn't the zone around the nearby town at least be a little bit safer? I mean I would imagine the guards would drive off any raiders coming too near to the town/city afterall because who would want those bandits near their town? Also... you can't do the farm work because it will throw you into an infinite loop until you lose all your stats. All stats perma decrease down to 1 if you get hit by raiders or do certain things. Its basically a situation where you either load or start a new game since your character is borked at that point.