End of Life for Flash

Dec 19, 2020
Orbital Refugee
Is there a workaround for CoC? There's a ton I still love about that ole game.
I think I got a working flash debugger downloaded but it looks like it's getting shut down with the rest of Adobe's flash products.

Beyond CoC, there's so many other old-but-gold horny-horny .swf gems out there. Is there any hope for saving them?

Dec 19, 2020
Orbital Refugee
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a4ev1l5cx3zksa2/flashplayer.7z/file (i uploaded my copy so no dodgy link here)

This is what i've used for a while, it's standalone and i don't think it's connecting to anything online so it should remain working. No install or anything, just stuff it in a corner, right click the .swf file and change it to open with this and it should work no problem. I have no real idea though, i'm on Win7x64 so for all i know it might not work on other OS's.

Thanks for the link! I checked the CoC forum posts and saw Savin saying that there's a Newgrounds Flash Player too. I'll download them both.

I love how I've searched so many other channels for an alternative and it's the Fenoxo community that's got my back. Stay hourney my friends!

Bsword

Aug 26, 2015
The rumors I've read are that both the Adobe Flash Player and the Flash Player Projector have a "kill switch" coded into the software where it'll simply stop working entirely, if it detects that the date is January 12th, 2021 or later. This means that for anyone who wants to still use old .swf files going forward, will have to wait for a good Flash emulator to be developed, if that ever happens.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
The rumors I've read are that both the Adobe Flash Player and the Flash Player Projector have a "kill switch" coded into the software where it'll simply stop working entirely, if it detects that the date is January 12th, 2021 or later. This means that for anyone who wants to still use old .swf files going forward, will have to wait for a good Flash emulator to be developed, if that ever happens.
A rumor is but a rumor until it is true.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a4ev1l5cx3zksa2/flashplayer.7z/file (i uploaded my copy so no dodgy link here)

This is what i've used for a while, it's standalone and i don't think it's connecting to anything online so it should remain working. No install or anything, just stuff it in a corner, right click the .swf file and change it to open with this and it should work no problem. I have no real idea though, i'm on Win7x64 so for all i know it might not work on other OS's.

media fire huh?

so that's... 4 different ones that have been sugegested.

two here (mediafire and the Newsground one)

and two others

'desktop media player'
https://web.archive.org/web/2020122...flashplayer/updaters/32/flashplayer_32_sa.exe

and this one
http://www.swffileplayer.com/

--
yes I do want the thing specifically for COC1 but also to just be a replacement Flash in case stuff goes wrong.

I also don't want the thing to be viral/malwared

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
asking cause ive got ... ONE day to pick and have no idea which one (or ones?) to pick.

I just want to be alble to keep playing COC, and have as many of the other games and sites work normally.

Dec 19, 2020
Orbital Refugee
asking cause ive got ... ONE day to pick and have no idea which one (or ones?) to pick.

I just want to be alble to keep playing COC, and have as many of the other games and sites work normally.
Newgrounds has been working well for me. No viruses as far as I can tell, and I just downloaded a horde of my favourite e621 flashes and they all seem to be playing fine on it.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
Newgrounds has been working well for me. No viruses as far as I can tell, and I just downloaded a horde of my favourite e621 flashes and they all seem to be playing fine on it.
ok now THAT is useful info.

unless someone else provides info suggested one of the others instead of this in.. lets say six hours im going with this one then.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You know, when I see the reactions that people have about Flash ending, despite being told for a couple of years that it was happening. Not to mention, the belief that developers were going to leave their cash cows dry up without some sort of back up in place...

Well, it makes me think the more extreme ones are idiots.

Anyway, in light of Flash's demise after its lengthy period of being ignored...Taps.

Dec 19, 2020
Orbital Refugee
You know, when I see the reactions that people have about Flash ending, despite being told for a couple of years that it was happening. Not to mention, the belief that developers were going to leave their cash cows dry up without some sort of back up in place...

Well, it makes me think the more extreme ones are idiots.

Anyway, in light of Flash's demise after its lengthy period of being ignored...Taps.

Ion no man, we jus tryin ta get our options sorted

No need to come here just to jab

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
Not sure if it would be of any use, but my copy of GOM Player seems to want to take over as primary Flash player. I've tried using it as such, and it seems to work quite well in that capacity.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Reactions: sumgai

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
I guess I am a bit weird in that I never really been to new grounds. To play flash games on my PC, I've used a flash projector from here. Granted since this is from Adobe, I do not know if/when they will take down the page.

Last edited:

Bsword

Aug 26, 2015
So, its 1/12/21 for me, and Adobe Flash has stopped working on my end- so I've finally uninstalled it. Its also getting removed from Windows 10 today in the next Windows Update if I'm not mistaken. It was great while it lasted. This also likely means that anything Flash based (such as the various CoC mods) will not be getting updated anymore if most people can't use it now.

What do people plan to go for so far as emulators for using old .swfs? I think I'm going to forget about Flash for a year or so, before checking back to see if any emulators for it (such as Ruffle) matured well or not in terms of making old Flash content run well and securely.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
got the NG Flash player, and it seemed to work.. until today.

now most everything is broken.

Aryn

Jan 15, 2021
Nothings working...
You'll have to use RunAsDate if you don't use a debug version of Flash. I use that, and set the date to be 1/10/2021 (or even 12/30/2020) and it works quite well. I'll probably throw together another step by step guide but without a context as to 'nothing's working', I can't advise.

Reactions: Paradox01