Elaborating on wings "cover your body"

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
Looking for level of interest / feedback / suggestions before I get cracking on this.

I'd like to write up some more descriptions for Steele using jointed wings to cover their body, especially when it's all that's covering their body. This includes an update to the Appearance description, Exhibitionist scenes, a proposal / bug report to clarify "canCoverSelf" as to whether it's "canCover" or "isCovering", and Steele automatically using wings to cover self when entering a location where nudity is illegal.

Appearance
Currently, wing position (whether they're "normal" or covering the body) is only referenced to add the text " and fold over your body" when describing the wings. I will write a description for wings over the body in the clothing section, along with specific mention when they're the only thing covering breasts or genitals.

Exhibitionist Score
I will write an update for the exposure level scoring to take wings over the body into consideration. (I don't want to mess with "isXExposed" or "isXVisible" because those are probably used in a *lot* of places.)

Exhibitionist Perk
I will look for opportunities to mention when wings are being used to cover self in the existing exhibitionist perk descriptions.

canCoverSelf (bug report?)
Right now, on a character with no clothing, "canCoverSelf(checkGenitals: false)" always returns "true" if the character has jointed wings, even if they're not currently set to cover self. However, "canCoverSelf(checkGenitals: true)" only returns "true" for jointed wings if they are also currently set to cover self. The result is that it works as "can cover" for breasts (whether or not it is possible for the character to cover their breasts), but works as "is covering" for genitals (whether or not the character is currently covering their breasts).

The uses of this method differ between "can cover" and "is covering". For example, exhibitionismPerk.as uses it to see if it's possible for the character to cover themselves with wings before writing about the character doing just that ("can cover"). On the other hand, game.as uses it to see if the character is currently nude ("is covering").

I will write a code update to "canCoverSelf" and an alternate "isCoveringSelf". I will also try to identify all places "canCoverSelf" is being used to give my recommendation as to whether "isCoveringSelf" should be used instead.

Automatic Covering (nudity illegal zones)
I will describe the functionality (or maybe just write the code) for automatically covering self with wings when entering a zone where nudity is illegal, and automatically reverting when leaving the zone. This includes what will happen if the player loses the ability to cover themself with wings (probably due to a transformation), and consideration so save editing to remove wings doesn't break anything.

I will write descriptions for the on-enter and on-exit events to be added to the scene description, and for the event that the ability to cover self is lost, with variations based on Steele's exhibitionist score.

Please let me know if you think this is worthwhile, you have any suggestions/feedback, or I'm reaching too far into some underlying code.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I'm not a coder, so I can't speak as to the viability of this, but as a player this would be a welcome addition.

LikeScales

Jun 21, 2017
I love the idea. Always wondered why I'd get hit with 'you need clothes' when I was covering myself with wings.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
This does sound like a great idea. I try to keep my Steele as a more or less "normal" half-ausar with the exception of glowing vanae markings but I must admit I'm tempted sometimes to grow some bat wings and/or Succubus heels so this might be fun to try out.

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
I will describe the functionality (or maybe just write the code) for automatically covering self with wings when entering a zone where nudity is illegal, and automatically reverting when leaving the zone. This includes what will happen if the player loses the ability to cover themself with wings (probably due to a transformation), and consideration so save editing to remove wings doesn't break anything.

Removing wings while in a non nude zone does not break anything. It's the same as if you save edited all clothes away. There will be a blurb with "you sneak back to your ship.". That's it.

E: (missed vital parts of your post, so this is gone now)

In my head canon, my high exhib winged steele is flashing people on tavros. What do you think about something like: every x step on tavros, wing covered steele has an optional flash scene?

Last edited:

Saafi05

Feb 19, 2018
Can you instead put a choice as in:

[Cover yourself] [Sneak back to your ship]

Saafi05

Feb 19, 2018
Once you've chosen to cover yourself, this menu will only reappear if you
1-Manually uncover your wings,
2- Put clothes on and off

I asked this because i remove my cloths to get back at my Ship faster...

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for the support guys, but there's no point for me to do anything more until I've gotten some kind of feedback from the devs on what I've submitted so far.

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
perhaps also allow for high exhibitionist steele to play peek-a- boo with wings (and a furry tail?) to raise lust in all looking her way...maybe when tired wings also droop...uncovering her/him at an inopportune time...