Download trouble

Primal_Greed

Apr 17, 2017
Ive been trying to download CoC but I have been having no success. Sadly, none of the other threads I found helped since they refer to the download option opening the game and then selecting "Save as" or "Save link as". When I click it opens a blank white page for a split second and then that page vanishes, leaving me as confused as when I started. Hate to bother anyone, but a little help for this incompetent warrior would be appreciated.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Check out this blog post by Fenoxo, if you are on a computer it might be able to help, but you'll need to follow this other guide to install it on your mobile.

Primal_Greed

Apr 17, 2017
Sad to say, unless im an idiot and missed it, that post gave me nothing on downloading the game onto my computer. So uh, thanks for trying, but that didnt turn out too helpful.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ive been trying to download CoC but I have been having no success. Sadly, none of the other threads I found helped since they refer to the download option opening the game and then selecting "Save as" or "Save link as". When I click it opens a blank white page for a split second and then that page vanishes, leaving me as confused as when I started. Hate to bother anyone, but a little help for this incompetent warrior would be appreciated.

Are you right clicking on the Download link and selecting "Download Link" or "Save As" or whatever your specific browser displays it as?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Sad to say, unless im an idiot and missed it, that post gave me nothing on downloading the game onto my computer. So uh, thanks for trying, but that didnt turn out too helpful.
Ah, sorry about that. I skimmed your post and missed the critical points that made your problem distinct from the other problems that include black pages and the same thing happening over and over again.

CoC doesn't actually open up a separate game engine to run in, it runs off the browser's installed flash version. Functionally, this means you aren't exactly downloading the game, but the link to it. So if you right click on the link that says "Download" and save it to your computer all you are doing is saving the "play" link to your hard drive.

As far as I can tell, you can't open the game by clicking on the link, so you'll need to enable flash all the time, directions in the link in my first post. If that doesn't work I will be unable to help.

Primal_Greed

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks for that, sadly it still wont work. Whenever I try to open the swf file with my browser all it does is try to download the file again.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for that, sadly it still wont work. Whenever I try to open the swf file with my browser all it does is try to download the file again.
Alright, you'll want to download the stand alone flash player then, which is here. That should completely avoid any problems with browsers.