Does anyone know any adult games that have as much of a good story as gameplay?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Monster Girl Quest is often praised for its story. It's originally Japanese, but there is a fan translation available: https://roguetranslations.wordpress.com/. It's also not free, I will leave it to you to determine whether or not you let that be a barrier.
(There is also an official translation, but I'm told it's not as good.) Note that, like all too often, there will probably be lots of stuff in there that you like, and lots you really don't.

Itsaright

Mar 5, 2017
The Last Sovereign by Sierra Lee. I don't actually fap to it, I just play it for the story.

Stupid game. It keeps showing its ugly gob when I'm prowling around for wankfodder, and all I can think about is how this time I can do the investments much more efficiently or what would happen if I did this or that minor interaction differently. Then I can't resist giving it a replay and my nice, relaxing afternoon playing Russian incest crap is ruined. RUINED!

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Personally I will say the following:

Games that people recommend for the story but I think they are overrated:

-Monster girl quest: The story just does it's job, it's a linear story without any true choices, predictable and a bit boring. In fact there are many characters like our cute succubus that needed more time on scene. If you play for the story then you will be quite... unsatisfied.

-The last sovereign: I have tried to play the game for the story but I find it quite... bad. If you like it then well it's a question of different tastes, for me it's a failed attempt of a dark story with comedy touches, but the gameplay is just the same as almost every rpg maker game.

What do I recommend?:

-Kamidori alchemy meister: Great gameplay and even better story, you won't regret it.

-Rance VI: The best game of the rance series if you just take into account the story.

-Brave soul: I found it quite interesting.

If you don't care about yaoi I would add silver chaos, I heard it's quite good but i care about yaoi so... didn't play it.

If you like strategy games I would add koihime musou (it's not the best but... passable), kichikuou rance and sengoku rance.

Reactions: Gavin Smith

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
A lot of people on TFGamessite praise The Lilith Device for its story. I don't think I've gotten far enough to really comment on that so you'll have to judge for yourself. Only has f/f content.

Games that people recommend for the story but I think they are overrated:

-The last sovereign: I have tried to play the game for the story but I find it quite... bad. If you like it then well it's a question of different tastes, for me it's a failed attempt of a dark story with comedy touches, but the gameplay is just the same as almost every rpg maker game.

Says the story is overrated, main complaint is RPGMaker gameplay. TLS takes sexual magic as a serious part of the lore and game mechanics where most use it as a plot convenience for seducing/enslaving girls. If you don't like RPGMaker then you don't like RPGMaker (or any old school JRPGs I suppose) but don't bash Sierra's writing because you dislike an engine that makes building games somewhat easier.

I've seen other people recommend Kamidori Alchemy Meister, but never post a link. Is it free? Is it translated? I have no idea what it's about or where there's good place to find it.

Overwhored is fun too if you can find it.

Right side of the blog should have the download, left side has the password if you want to use the cheat chest.

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
A lot of people on TFGamessite praise The Lilith Device for its story. I don't think I've gotten far enough to really comment on that so you'll have to judge for yourself. Only has f/f content.

Says the story is overrated, main complaint is RPGMaker gameplay. TLS takes sexual magic as a serious part of the lore and game mechanics where most use it as a plot convenience for seducing/enslaving girls. If you don't like RPGMaker then you don't like RPGMaker (or any old school JRPGs I suppose) but don't bash Sierra's writing because you dislike an engine that makes building games somewhat easier.

I've seen other people recommend Kamidori Alchemy Meister, but never post a link. Is it free? Is it translated? I have no idea what it's about or where there's good place to find it.

Right side of the blog should have the download, left side has the password if you want to use the cheat chest.

It's my opinnion of course about the last sovereign... I just didn't find the story good enough, however I didn't say anything about the sex scenes, at the same time I should say that I couldn't truly play all the game because of that, perhaps it becomes better later but... I would get truly bored before arriving at that point, and I actually like rpg maker games, however I don't think that I can say the game has good gameplay when the creator hasn't even touched the combat system.

About kamidori alchemy meister here you can read about the game or download if you want, I don't truly know about torrents so if you want a torrent then you will have to find it:

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/kamidori-alchemy-meister/

Itsaright

Mar 5, 2017
It's my opinnion of course about the last sovereign... I just didn't find the story good enough, however I didn't say anything about the sex scenes, at the same time I should say that I couldn't truly play all the game because of that, perhaps it becomes better later but... I would get truly bored before arriving at that point, and I actually like rpg maker games, however I don't think that I can say the game has good gameplay when the creator hasn't even touched the combat system.

The gameplay aspects are IN the story as it develops (hint, it isn't the turn-based battles), unfortunately you gave up before that because you were 'bored'. They show up pretty quickly too which makes me wonder how far you really got (just kidding, I'm not wondering at all you hardly got an hour in). It's like starting Sengoku Rance, disliking the first turn-based battle, calling the gameplay bad, judging the story based on that 'bad' gameplay, and then poncing on in here about failures and whatnot.

I loved Sengoku Rance, by the way, but its story was laughable, shallow and entirely the least interesting aspect of the game.

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
The gameplay aspects are IN the story as it develops (hint, it isn't the turn-based battles), unfortunately you gave up before that because you were 'bored'. They show up pretty quickly too which makes me wonder how far you really got (just kidding, I'm not wondering at all you hardly got an hour in). It's like starting Sengoku Rance, disliking the first turn-based battle, calling the gameplay bad, judging the story based on that 'bad' gameplay, and then poncing on in here about failures and whatnot.

I loved Sengoku Rance, by the way, but its story was laughable, shallow and entirely the least interesting aspect of the game.

I will not continue this conversation here because it's disrespectful for Gavin smith who created the post and we are taking the wrong way. I will just pm you my response, but I will just say here that you will only like TLS if you think the writing is good enough for all it's flaws, used 2 hours 40 minutes exactly and I think it was enough. I ask you to respect an opinnion as I'm actually doing everytime someone says he likes it.

P.D: Recommended sengoku Rance for gameplay NOT story thanks.

Last edited:

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Personally I like the stories behind 'The Allure of Wanton Cove' and 'Slugs & Bugs', both of which can be found on the aforementioned TFGamesSite, but they are sort of Lovecraftian, and you may not like their sexual content. There is also a game called 'The Weekend', also found on the same site, but it is unfinished. Can't think of any other games off the top of my head right now. Actually, I can't remember if Wanton Cove is finished, or just adding in more content, hmm. Might have to play it again and see whats what.

Reactions: IvoryOwl

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Personally I like the stories behind 'The Allure of Wanton Cove' and 'Slugs & Bugs', both of which can be found on the aforementioned TFGamesSite, but they are sort of Lovecraftian, and you may not like their sexual content. There is also a game called 'The Weekend', also found on the same site, but it is unfinished. Can't think of any other games off the top of my head right now. Actually, I can't remember if Wanton Cove is finished, or just adding in more content, hmm. Might have to play it again and see whats what.

A tiny warning only download those games if you don't find parasytes disgusting and various other things... both of those games enter quite a bit on the horror side of things (well allure of wanton cave would be a mix of horror and mystery). This is quite another example of something which you can end up loving or hating XD, personally after I opened slugs and bugs my only option was run and burn my pc XDD.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Like I said, both are quite a bit Lovecraftian, and you may not like their sexual content. Personally I like those sorts of things, but I can definitely understand it not being someone's cup of tea. 'The Weekend' however is fairly tame, just some basic male to female going on there. But anyways, those were some games I could think of that had some good story lines. Sorry to hear about your PC, haha.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015

Those games you mentioned were pretty good IMO... do you know any other erotic Lovecraftian games, preferable with female MCs? I particularly love it when the monsters end up falling "in love" with our MC, in their own weird and twisted ways (Slugs & Bugs).

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
do you know any other erotic Lovecraftian games, preferable with female MCs? I particularly love it when the monsters end up falling "in love" with our MC, in their own weird and twisted ways
Pretty please with spunk on top?

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Pretty please with spunk on top?
Are you a fan of monsters madly in love with our MC as well? I thought I was the only one. xD
The whole sex thing is pretty common around here but its soooo hard to find one where they end up having feelings towards our character. Extra points if they're Lovecraftian horrors (or just monsters in general).

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Yes, I am. As someone who has liked monsters since her infancy, I refuse to think monsters (or bugs, or tentacle hives, what-have-you) are only there to harrass and attack (fe)males. I'm also a cosmic horror enthusiast, so it all adds up. Because I'm sure someone took the Third Oath of Dagon or joined certain Y'golonac groups of their own volition.

Reactions: A79 and IvoryOwl

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Yes, I am. As someone who has liked monsters since her infancy, I refuse to think monsters (or bugs, or tentacle hives, what-have-you) are only there to harrass and attack (fe)males. I'm also a cosmic horror enthusiast, so it all adds up. Because I'm sure someone took the Third Oath of Dagon or joined certain Y'golonac groups of their own volition.

Miss if you wanted to scare me... You did it XD. Personally I would never touch those things even with a stick but well, it's just fiction so it's okay XD. It's interesting how some things can be a bit disgusting for some but attractive for others.

P.D: Thanks ranma for the correction

Last edited:

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Those games you mentioned were pretty good IMO... do you know any other erotic Lovecraftian games, preferable with female MCs? I particularly love it when the monsters end up falling "in love" with our MC, in their own weird and twisted ways (Slugs & Bugs).

I am really sorry, but I don't have any games that fit both those categories. I looked through my collection and could come up with nothing. Games like these are really rare finds in my experience. I mentioned these two here because the creator of the thread wanted games with good story lines, and they are what I had.

It is really hard to find games that have a proper horror element to them, let alone a Lovecraftian/cosmic themed type of horror. I have one more called 'Phantom', (by Anaximanes, who also did 'Slugs & Bugs') but in it you are the monster rather than the victim, so it kinda loses some of the impact. It is also a lot more linear, really more of a story than a game. Honestly though I really like his stuff and his type of storytelling. I really wish that he would finish 'Cereborg' and 'Cult of Corruption'. The latter is looking really good if you like the occult.

You are awesome, I feel the exact same way. A lot of my fetishes would probably be other people's nightmares lol.

Sir if you wanted to scare me... You did it XD. Personally I would never touch those things even with a stick but well, it's just fiction so it's okay XD. It's interesting how some things can be a bit disgusting for some but attractive for others.

I think you mean miss* in this case. "As someone who has liked monsters since 'her' infancy..."

Anyways, I agree. I think it is fascinating how something can be repulsive to one person, and yet captivating for another. I am glad that you can understand that though, there are a lot of people out there who don't, which is a shame. Even if you don't like the same things as someone else, you can still understand it and therefor appreciate it in it's own way.

Also, my apologies to Gavin Smith for accidentally derailing his thread, lol.

Reactions: A79 and IvoryOwl

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
it's just fiction so it's okay XD. It's interesting how some things can be a bit disgusting for some but attractive for others.

Anyways, I agree. I think it is fascinating how something can be repulsive to one person, and yet captivating for another. I am glad that you can understand that though, there are a lot of people out there who don't, which is a shame. Even if you don't like the same things as someone else, you can still understand it and therefor appreciate it in it's own way.

Also, my apologies to Gavin Smith for accidentally derailing his thread, lol.

That's where the crux of the matter lies indeed. I have considered starting a "consensual creepies central (now with extra loveydoveys and transformations!)" thread many times, but I never have for some reason or another.

Regardie

Jan 12, 2017
Under development: Brad's Erotic Week Lots of story and gameplay choices. Find it at bradseroticweek.rocks I think.

Dreaming of Elsa, Redemption for Jessica, Finding Miranda - more VN than game, great story in an expanding world. Maybe Tora Productions on Patreon?

How do you feel about AIF? Lot's of good stories there, find anything by Goblinboy.

For general story reading, try this site http://centralu.us/ a very detailed look at the Central University of New Town (C.U.N.T) and the unusual dress code rules for the co-eds. Looks straight and narrow and it is like a game to findthe hidden content of what really goes on on campus.

Last edited:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Witcher 3 )

Didn't like it. Certainly not as much as I've heard others liked it.

Not that it was bad, just didn't think it was what everyone else was telling me it was: "The best RPG you will ever play!" Every review, professional or otherwise, seemed to give this impression that it is the best of the best as it were. The odd bit is how most of what people said was what made it great didn't in my eyes. Again, nothing was really poorly done, but neither did much of it seem spectacular. I feel it's way over-hyped and exaggerated.

Did like some of the supporting characters, though, which wound up being probably the best thing about it to me...that whole plot line with the Baron and trying to help him find his wife and kid I actually really enjoyed. Finding out what happened to him at the end really hit me...it was like watching a really beloved character go out in Game of Thrones or something. He was actually an enjoyable character. I felt like there were a lot of places where there were no great or graceful endings to different legs of the story, but I never felt like too bummed out by the choices I made. They all obviously have consequences that are less than desirable, but the costs aren't overwhelming or unfair. There were many times playing it where I'd see the eventual conclusion to something I choose earlier in game and think, "Well, that sucks," but it never really felt too discouraged by it. Most of those times, I'd either see that I couldn't have really known it would wind up like that and perhaps could have at least been much worse, which made such events feel more believable in a way, or I'd see what good it did at least do somehow.

Flip side of the same coin: the combat, what many told me was great, was more frustratingly touchy and oddly (missed-) balanced and the whole sign magic wound up being largely irreverent, gimmicky, and forgettable at best. I know it's the 3rd game and not the first, but the game never really properly explains why they work and even worse yet they fail to really give you the kind of edge in battle they probably should. They seemed more useful removing obstacles or lighting torches on the walls than giving you a leg up in battle. And never in any other game, much less RPGs, have I ever been more angered or frustrated with character movement as trying to control Gerralt. Being unable to actually manipulate an actionable part of the environment despite the UI giving you a button prompt to do so while Gerralt is still physically in motion is...well, it's honestly infuriating after the first ten minutes of gameplay. If you've played it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Also, fuck that Witcher Sense sight bullshit. It's ironically terribly short-sighted (you have to be pretty close to pick up traces of things) and constantly glitchy where you might not see anything at all. At least the fish-eye lens effect can be turned off.

Sorry for being off topic, btw.

blackhawk651

May 11, 2016
Surprised nobody's mentioned Flexible Survival. Fenoxo's mentioned it himself and linked it on the main site somewhere. Might not seem like a good story game, but there's enough random encounters and quests that I've wasted entire afternoons playing it.

There's also Redscale's Adventure, which doesn't have much content at the moment due to Istaran taking some time off to deal with some personal stuff. It's not dead, I'm still writing a few random encounters and general filler content until Istaran returns from the void.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
If you don't mind a game relatively light on sexual content, Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is good.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Fate/Stay Night was a harem porn VN that turned out to have such a good story that they made a non-porn version of it.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
14982d1245688120-goalkeeper-vs-phalanx-necropost-kitten.jpg

Reactions: OofS