Does anyone acctually wear headgear?

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
It's a phenomenon Ive noticed for awhile now especially in rpgs that have stat boosting helmets but complain theirs no "hide helmet" in the options menu. I admit, I flip-flop on this though it depends more on the setting then anything else then it doesn't look good. Sci-fi or contemporary setting and I'm more like to wear a helm or at least a hat.

Fantasy is another matter since helmet styles run the gamut. My current amazon/barbarian futa meathead conan/red sonja wannabe is just enshewing helmets to match the stereotype for the most part. Makes me wish we had some kind of circlet or something like that at least.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
My Warrior wears the Helm of Heroes (it's pretty much perfect for her from both a gameplay and roleplaying perspective), my mages wear the Witch Hat, my Charmer rocks out the Dueling Hat and one of my two Thieves thinks the Wide-brimmed Hat looks good on him and it gives him something to flourish dramatically when greeting Evelyn before getting naked for her. Only one of mine doesn't (my other Thief) and that's a roleplaying thing with her.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
The hats/headwear are not really mentioned ingame so it's not a problem for me.
My character wears the headwrap from Ahmri in normal gameplay, though it only throws me off from a visualization standpoint, I tend to swap between it and the Dueling Hat.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Well you've posted this the CoC2 subforum so i assume you're asking about it in this game. Far as i can remember, i've never seen the PC's headwear ever referenced in conversation so it might as well be invisible. Why eschew the stats for no benefit?

True but I'm okay with shooting myself in the foot by ignoring to wear a stat-boosting helmet if i think it doesn't fit my character even if it is just in a text game with no mention of it what so ever. It more with keeping up with RP, I'm not as obsessed with min-maxing numbers as most other people seem to be. This was also an approach I took in D&D pnp.

The hats/headwear are not really mentioned ingame so it's not a problem for me.
My character wears the headwrap from Ahmri in normal gameplay, though it only throws me off from a visualization standpoint, I tend to swap between it and the Dueling Hat.

Im sure you added holes for your bunny ears. :p

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Im sure you added holes for your bunny ears. :p
Hah. Nah, I play a knife-ear in this game. No need for ear holes! :p