Doctor Amana: Sexual Therapist [Ren'py VN]

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Doctor Amana: Sexual Therapist
Patient 001 - Roger Harrington

site-banner-02.jpg

This game is the first in a proposed series of VN's. In this, the first game, the player assumes the role of Roger Harrington, a middle aged corporate executive who is undergoing a mid-life crisis. With his professional, and romantic life spinning out of control, Roger seeks aid from a recommended therapist to try and get his life under control.

The therapy sessions themselves actually take a back seat to the story telling. Instead it sets up the framework for the player to explore the different love interests in Roger's life. You make dialogue choices in the "retelling" of events that change the flavor of the outcome. There are no game over screens and no "right" or "wrong" decisions to be made. Your selection of responses influences the attitudes and actions of the other characters in the story, but does not cut you off or eliminate you from sexual episodes.

Visit us on Patreon or our Website.

Downloads:

PC: https://mega.nz/#!9PQ00AYR!cKMXwiy9zAm6HtHCj2J8lruSBdj4Z9waDOtN9zjILkY
Mac: https://mega.nz/#!tbxVALLR!OgVmSKHDvJFzEUn2w5mGOjvxXtrJUyjPM3G4-qBXNE8

Last edited:

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
cassiePromo.jpg

Character Bio

Cassie

Cassie is the young lady of the household. She’s 18 years old and a high school senior. Growing up, she was very close to her family. But this year has been different. Cassie has been going through a lot of personal change and it’s left her questioning the relationships in her life. Perhaps her most pressing question is how she feels towards the man of the house. These days, girls her age have the internet, social media, and free access to a tremendous amount of information. So when it comes to boys she’s not clueless. She’s dated a bit at school and is not afraid of her sexuality. But what has her so on edge, are her feelings towards the man of the house.

This man has always been a part of her life. He’s cared for her, loved her, and has never let her down. His behavior at times seems at odds with itself, but unlike other guys she’s been with, he’s never done anything to hurt her. And what’s worse, as she gets older, she thinks these feelings for him are getting stronger and perhaps a little too romantic. She just isn’t sure anymore what is right and what is wrong. It’s not something she can freely discuss with her friends, and the internet is full of conflicting advice.

Cassie is torn. She’s distanced herself from her family so that she can have a little space to try and sort through her thoughts and feelings. But in the end, she’s being pulled in two different directions. Does she approach this situation confidently? Maybe even make some kind of a move and let the chips fall where they may, possibly prepare herself for her biggest heartache yet? Or does she try to play it cool. Not let her confusion show, maybe just drop a few hints here and there and see how he responds? He can be so unpredictable at times. She doesn’t always know how he will react.

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
nanamiPromo.jpg

Character Bio

Nanami

They call her “The Dragon Lady”. She is strong, relentless and never backs down from confrontation. She absolutely refuses to bullied or intimidated, especially by men. She has fought many years to get where she is professionally, and no one is going to take that from her. When she speaks, people listen. When she’s angry, jobs are on the line. She is a female force to be reckoned with and people make it a point not to cross her.

Her love life has been less about romance, and more about conquest. For her, pleasure is seeing a man brought low to his knees, literally. She enjoys receiving pain as much as she enjoys inflicting it. In her mind, pain is what makes you stronger, and strength is what gets her off. She enjoys taking powerful men and bending them to her sexual will. Wrapping herself ever tighter around them until she squeezes every last ounce of energy from their soul. But this is only half of her secret. Deep down, she wants more than anything to find a man who can break her.

It’s one thing to always be the dominate one, but to be dominated intrigues her. It intrigues her because so far, no man has been able to accomplish it. In Roger she thinks that maybe, just maybe she’s found that man. So she’ll put him to the test. And if he fails to bring her low and tame her…well then, he can just be another slave to her will until she finds someone better. Either way, she feels that she is winning.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
Very interesting game so far, I like the options you give and the characters are interesting. Definitely want to see where it goes.

Reactions: RomanHume

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
monicaPromo.jpg

Character Bio

Monica

Monica is a fairly easy going girl. She doesn’t expect much out of men or relationships on the whole. She’s confident, independent and does a good job of taking care of herself. She’s a bit of a health nut, but as a personal trainer one would expect nothing less. She goes to great efforts to eat right, exercise, and keep her body in peak physical condition. She’s not a juicer, but enjoys the feeling of a good burn after an hour or two of cardio.

Monica’s love life is best described as laissez-faire. She isn’t generally looking for a big commitment, she just likes finding guys she can have fun with. It’s the little things, going to the beach, catching a movie, going out for a nice dinner or grabbing take out and lounging around the apartment. She’s not looking for a husband, though she’s dated a few of those.

Recently she’s just come off a bad break-up and is kind of on the rebound. She worries about making the wrong choice by getting involved with anyone else so quickly. A part of her just wants to take it easy and enjoy being alone for a couple of months before jumping back into the pool. But secretly, another part of her, just wants to find love. She harbors a few romantic notions in the back of her mind and wouldn’t mind finding a nice guy who treats her right and just wants to dote on her. She never let’s herself fall into hopelessness though. And if she can’t find the love she’s looking for, then she’s willing to take what she can get and just have a little casual fun in the meantime.

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
Gotta say not a huge fan of how Monica looks. I don't know why but compared to other characters she seems to be so thin and skeletal like, maybe it has to do how the lighting is different from other characters but I was expecting her to be a bit beefier when it saud she was a personal trainer especially her arms.

Reactions: RomanHume

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Gotta say not a huge fan of how Monica looks. I don't know why but compared to other characters she seems to be so thin and skeletal like, maybe it has to do how the lighting is different from other characters but I was expecting her to be a bit beefier when it saud she was a personal trainer especially her arms.

We absolutely agree and we are already planning to modify her figure when it comes time to do the beta renders. We intend to tighten everything, the abs, ass, legs and arms in particular. Thank you for the feedback!

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
My favourite thing about this topic is that we get no idea what the name of the game is, what you do in it, who the player character is and what themes the game covers. Instead we only get playboy-esque description of women who appear in the game.

I would suggest you edit your intro post to give potential players a better idea about what the game even is. "It's interactive fiction" (which you're only able to guess if you're familiar with the term "AIF" which is misspelled in the topic title ) is not a good sell. You're only going to attract a small crowd which clicks every link if that. Your patreon main page offers some idea about your style of production, but doesn't give you any idea about this game specifically.

Your pictures look great, and I believe that you can probably write decent fiction, but on the marketing side, this game presents itself very poorly and unless you find these specific links, makes sharing and talking about the game a lot harder.

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
My favourite thing about this topic is that we get no idea what the name of the game is, what you do in it, who the player character is and what themes the game covers. Instead we only get playboy-esque description of women who appear in the game.

I would suggest you edit your intro post to give potential players a better idea about what the game even is. "It's interactive fiction" (which you're only able to guess if you're familiar with the term "AIF" which is misspelled in the topic title ) is not a good sell. You're only going to attract a small crowd which clicks every link if that. Your patreon main page offers some idea about your style of production, but doesn't give you any idea about this game specifically.

Your pictures look great, and I believe that you can probably write decent fiction, but on the marketing side, this game presents itself very poorly and unless you find these specific links, makes sharing and talking about the game a lot harder.
I apologize that we have not been back to this forum in awhile to update the information or the links.

We would like to invite you to come back and take a look. I can't promise that our game will satisfy your personal tastes, but hopefully you will find that we have improved the information available. When we put up our OP, we were only about two weeks into the project and tackling a lot of things simultaneously (development, marketing, platforming, etc.)

Your response here was spot on and we would love to continue receiving your feedback.

Cheers!

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Seems Monica is my type of woman.
We apologize that we have not been back to this forum in awhile to update our links. This will change going forward and we've added Fenoxo to our regular stops to touch base with players.

The reason I'm responding now is because our latest release introducing Monica's second scene in the ongoing development of her story. We'd love to know what you think if you find you have time to give it a play.

Salute!

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
Glad to see the game is still being worked on. Like the story so far and can't wait for the next public version. (Unfortunately I am not financially independent yet).

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Glad to see the game is still being worked on. Like the story so far and can't wait for the next public version. (Unfortunately I am not financially independent yet).
No worries! We're glad you enjoy the game so far and appreciate your feedback.

We understand that not everyone is in a position to be a patron. Some dislike Patreon as a company, others don't have the disposable income these days, we get it.

The best thing people can do for us if they like our game, is share it. Post it on other forums, message boards, whatever. Give it to your friends or anyone you think might find our game enjoyable. Help us spread the word. That to us is worth it's weight in gold.

We will make regular stops here though to update the download links in the OP. The most current release can also be found on our webpage at www.doctoramana.com.

Thanks again for giving us a shot! Cheers!

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
Just tried the latest version: Really lovin it. I have restarted multiple times just to find everything.

So far my favorites are: Jane, Emily, Cassie, Nanami. I can't say much about Monica, Amanda and Lupita since there isn't much to go on.

I have been trying to see what variations I could get with the second scene from nanami but no matter my options it always plays out the same way with the same ending. Maybe I just have bad luck and I haven't found the right combination (although i'm pretty sure I tried all of them) or does it have no vastly differing endings?

One question though, the pictures on your website like the "witching hour' and "devil in a green silk robe" are they scenes that are in the game? Because for example the witching hour I found it, I also had the midnight blues but she had a different outfit than in the picture. So are they upcoming scenes or just little side projects you guys are making.

Loving the game so far can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Just tried the latest version: Really lovin it. I have restarted multiple times just to find everything.

So far my favorites are: Jane, Emily, Cassie, Nanami. I can't say much about Monica, Amanda and Lupita since there isn't much to go on.

I have been trying to see what variations I could get with the second scene from nanami but no matter my options it always plays out the same way with the same ending. Maybe I just have bad luck and I haven't found the right combination (although i'm pretty sure I tried all of them) or does it have no vastly differing endings?

One question though, the pictures on your website like the "witching hour' and "devil in a green silk robe" are they scenes that are in the game? Because for example the witching hour I found it, I also had the midnight blues but she had a different outfit than in the picture. So are they upcoming scenes or just little side projects you guys are making.

Loving the game so far can't wait to see more.
So as for variations, you have two basic choices, the nice guy route (All of the dialogue choices that appear on the top) or the tough guy route (all of the dialogue choices that appear on the bottom). If there is a third choice, it is used to shut down sexual and romantic options. This gives players who don't like a character a chance to bypass them.

As for Nanami's second scene, it always ends the same. The plot between her, Roger and their boss is one of the main plot threads tying all of them together. The question is, do you have sex with her before plotting together, and if you do, do you own her or does she own you.

In many cases the outcome of a scene will be the same, the dialogue choices only influence the "flavor" of the scene.

As for the pictures on our website and our Patreon page, those are just promotional renders. They are generally the results of modeling and lighting tests we throw together when developing the renders for the different scenes. So with the exception of one Jane image, they don't generally appear in the game. They are just crowd pleasers for the upcoming scenes.

Cheers!

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
So as for variations, you have two basic choices, the nice guy route (All of the dialogue choices that appear on the top) or the tough guy route (all of the dialogue choices that appear on the bottom). If there is a third choice, it is used to shut down sexual and romantic options. This gives players who don't like a character a chance to bypass them.

As for Nanami's second scene, it always ends the same. The plot between her, Roger and their boss is one of the main plot threads tying all of them together. The question is, do you have sex with her before plotting together, and if you do, do you own her or does she own you.

In many cases the outcome of a scene will be the same, the dialogue choices only influence the "flavor" of the scene.

As for the pictures on our website and our Patreon page, those are just promotional renders. They are generally the results of modeling and lighting tests we throw together when developing the renders for the different scenes. So with the exception of one Jane image, they don't generally appear in the game. They are just crowd pleasers for the upcoming scenes.

Cheers!

Oh ok I was looking for a bigger difference between paths, good to know the images aren't hidden somewhere in the game or else I would have spent a long time trying to find something that isn't there. Looking forward to the next update. Also regarding Monica I don't know if you already changed her model but she seems to be less skeletal in appearance than before and has more "meat" on her bones, she looks much more pleasant than before.

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Oh ok I was looking for a bigger difference between paths, good to know the images aren't hidden somewhere in the game or else I would have spent a long time trying to find something that isn't there. Looking forward to the next update. Also regarding Monica I don't know if you already changed her model but she seems to be less skeletal in appearance than before and has more "meat" on her bones, she looks much more pleasant than before.
In most games of this sort, when you get to make a choice, you are trying to figure out which choice the writer wants you to make. You are asking "Ok, which choice is going to get me further in the game and help me score with this girl."

In our game, we want you to come to a dialogue choice and say, "I wonder what will happen if I say that!". We don't want players to be penalized, punished, or reach a game over screen just because they said what they felt was appropriate at the moment. Instead, we want your choices to impact the flavor of the relationship. In our game for example, Nanami is going to fuck you no matter what you say. But what you say will determine if you are dominating her, or if she is dominating you. And both will have a distinct flavor. With Jane, your choices will determine whether or not you break through her tough girl bullshit and open up an intimate romantic relationship, or whether you let her play out her rebel fantasies and just make her your little fuck buddy.

You don't get rewarded or punished for your choices. You just get a different type of relationship, a different story. We call this strategy, "all roads lead to Rome".

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
In most games of this sort, when you get to make a choice, you are trying to figure out which choice the writer wants you to make. You are asking "Ok, which choice is going to get me further in the game and help me score with this girl."

In our game, we want you to come to a dialogue choice and say, "I wonder what will happen if I say that!". We don't want players to be penalized, punished, or reach a game over screen just because they said what they felt was appropriate at the moment. Instead, we want your choices to impact the flavor of the relationship. In our game for example, Nanami is going to fuck you no matter what you say. But what you say will determine if you are dominating her, or if she is dominating you. And both will have a distinct flavor. With Jane, your choices will determine whether or not you break through her tough girl bullshit and open up an intimate romantic relationship, or whether you let her play out her rebel fantasies and just make her your little fuck buddy.

You don't get rewarded or punished for your choices. You just get a different type of relationship, a different story. We call this strategy, "all roads lead to Rome".

Thats actually quite interesting and a good choice, so far you really see a difference in the relationship with jane and Nanami (since they have the most content so far). Definitely looking forward to seeing more especially the dynamic of Cassie and Amanda.

I do have one question regarding the ending (out of curiosity) but do you plan on having different endings based on the relationships you have with each girl but also their relationship with each other?

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Thats actually quite interesting and a good choice, so far you really see a difference in the relationship with jane and Nanami (since they have the most content so far). Definitely looking forward to seeing more especially the dynamic of Cassie and Amanda.

I do have one question regarding the ending (out of curiosity) but do you plan on having different endings based on the relationships you have with each girl but also their relationship with each other?
That is the plan. Since all relationships are optional, the ending will vary depending on which relationships are active and which relationships have impacted each other. We aren't sure yet what the final form of that house of cards looks like. But each relationship, and likely it's particular flavor, will have a different contribution to the ending.

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
That is the plan. Since all relationships are optional, the ending will vary depending on which relationships are active and which relationships have impacted each other. We aren't sure yet what the final form of that house of cards looks like. But each relationship, and likely it's particular flavor, will have a different contribution to the ending.

Awesome, hope I don't mess it up too badly once the game is finished. All those ladies seem great in their own right.

Sorry but I got another question: How many scenes for each character do you plan on having?

RomanHume

Jan 2, 2018
Awesome, hope I don't mess it up too badly once the game is finished. All those ladies seem great in their own right.

Sorry but I got another question: How many scenes for each character do you plan on having?
Right now we are roughly estimating 10 to 12. But that may change depending on how the story progresses.