Do Tanuki and other furry races sweat?

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Do Tanuki and other furry races sweat? They're covered in fur, so I'd assume no.

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
doing off animals then no. but every other scene has a furred character sweating so maybe it's something that humanoids do regardless of skin,fur or scales.
outside or making writing easier so they don't need to change it for furred pc and npcs. that is my headcanon for the time being anyways.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Probably. Idk, I haven't checked.

Technically speaking idk about tanuki but I know some animals irl sweat through their pawpads for instance (Like cats). So they in actuality do, just not the way we humans do, would probably be less messy.
But idk if that would apply here as it's fantasy and furries. Issue with sweating normally with fur is it likely saturates ya like hell. And then you need a bath every other day if that's a usual. (Though I guess if they like baths that's not a problem) :U

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Depends on how much skin is exposed, I suppose. And whether or not they required perspiration as a means of thermoregulation.

Humans have a larger number of sweat glands compared to other mammals, except for monkeys, the apes and horses. Perspiration, for us, is a rather efficient means of cooling down for us, especially compared to other animals like dogs, who pant.

So the likes of Tanuki probably sweat through their hands.
Lupines probably pant.
Minotaurs probably have to rely on respiration to keep themselves cool, as bovines don't have a good perspiration system.

Taeleer and Kitsune have enough exposed skin that they probably have sweat glands.

Last edited: