Discord ban apparently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Might be wise to specify whether you use the same name or a different one.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Again I didn’t think much of it but I guess there are people as you said not tolerating stuff like it
Not trying to start shit or pass judgment here, but just so you know:

the problem here is that this shitty argument (ie "being LGBT is unnatural/against biology") has been and currently is used to hurt people, and posting this meme in a public space (ie a discord server) perpetuates the belief in that shitty argument, even though actual science says that there's nothing "unnatural" about being LGBT.

I'm pretty sure you didn't intend for that to be the case, but that's irrelevant. There's no telling what kind of impact any iteration of this meme can have or what kind of person is gonna see it and think "yeah, that's right, LGBT people are freaks and should die".
That's why posting this kind of thing cannot be tolerated in a public space and you got banned.

Please be mindful of what you post, and when making a joke, follow the golden rule of "don't punch down" on already stigmatized and vulnerable communities.

Also, I fixed it:

Attachments

• E4B9830F-1283-4112-957E-9D9CAD9B9C4E.png
    E4B9830F-1283-4112-957E-9D9CAD9B9C4E.png
    888.2 KB · Views: 45

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Also biology shows that homosexual behaviour does in fact occur in nature, showing up in several species.
- Cygnets raised by a pair of male swans are more likely to survive to adulthood than those raised by a female/male or female/female pairings.
- Bonobos (closest extant relative to Humans along with the Common Chimpanzee), often engage is same sex, most frequently between females in a group. Its thought to be a way to keep aggressiveness down.

So maybe you were banned for being painfully unfunny and for attempting to subvert science in a manner that's just plain stupid?

Last edited:

Unrealbroly

May 26, 2019
Not trying to start shit or pass judgment here, but just so you know:

the problem here is that this shitty argument (ie "being LGBT is unnatural/against biology") has been and currently is used to hurt people, and posting this meme in a public space (ie a discord server) perpetuates the belief in that shitty argument, even though actual science says that there's nothing "unnatural" about being LGBT.

I'm pretty sure you didn't intend for that to be the case, but that's irrelevant. There's no telling what kind of impact any iteration of this meme can have or what kind of person is gonna see it and think "yeah, that's right, LGBT people are freaks and should die".
That's why posting this kind of thing cannot be tolerated in a public space and you got banned.

Please be mindful of what you post, and when making a joke, follow the golden rule of "don't punch down" on already stigmatized and vulnerable communities.

Also, I fixed it:
The implication that your casual bigotry should be 'tolerated' is funnier than the meme you posted. Nothing of value was lost here and shame on you for somehow making The Boondocks unfunny.
The implication that your casual bigotry should be 'tolerated' is funnier than the meme you posted. Nothing of value was lost here and shame on you for somehow making The Boondocks unfunny.
Also biology shows that homosexual behaviour does in fact occur in nature, showing up in several species.
- Cygnets raised by a pair of male swans are more likely to survive to adulthood than those raised by a female/male or female/female pairings.
- Bonobos (closest extant relative to Humans along with the Common Chimpanzee), often engage is same sex, most frequently between females in a group. Its thought to be a way to keep aggressiveness down.

So maybe you were banned for being painfully unfunny and for attempting to subvert science in a manner that's just plain stupid?

Attachments

• 509B86D1-7426-4D64-B16F-821C487E85A0.jpeg
    509B86D1-7426-4D64-B16F-821C487E85A0.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 10

Unrealbroly

May 26, 2019
Y’all be acting like I want lgbt people hakaied off the planet when really I just reposted a meme I found not giving too much mind to it, so atleast I know how fragile people are instead of just saying “yo, look up (so and so) that memes out dated”

Status
Not open for further replies.