Disagreement on the new harpy content

sarvu2543

Jul 6, 2016
Haven't play-tested it yet, but if the requirement is "never kick zhara out of bed" this easily heavily punishes older files that want this content.

-Perhaps we just weren't feeling it that day and we wanted to skip the scene since it comes back eventually
-Perhaps we miss clicked cause miss clicks happen

I feel the requirement should be a point system where after several positive encounters you reach a high enough affinity where the offer is on the table.

But then again I've been meaning to start a fresh file anyways, but still, what if I make a miss click and forgot to pre save? Those are my thoughts.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
That is true but the save editor isn't official right? Its definitely useful but remember that this is under development and should have kinks (ha) worked out over time.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
You can also use the dev console on browser if you don't feel like getting the save edited file notification every time you boot up the save.

saltwortsimp

Oct 17, 2019
Haven't play-tested it yet, but if the requirement is "never kick zhara out of bed" this easily heavily punishes older files that want this content.

-Perhaps we just weren't feeling it that day and we wanted to skip the scene since it comes back eventually
-Perhaps we miss clicked cause miss clicks happen

I feel the requirement should be a point system where after several positive encounters you reach a high enough affinity where the offer is on the table.

But then again I've been meaning to start a fresh file anyways, but still, what if I make a miss click and forgot to pre save? Those are my thoughts.
Agreed--especially since a little banter and roughhousing is within the expected range of your relationship with this previously-unnamed thieving bird! I know there's ways around it, but "you can cheat" isn't an ideal solution to an unexpected content lock.

It's not a catastrophe--this kind of bump in the road is to be expected while playing an early access/perpetual development game--but I think a slightly more involved system would both keep lanes open for older saves, while also being less of a binary lightswitch for those who do qualify.

On that note: Is there an easy way to check if you ever actually kicked her out? I distinctly remember Uncle Phil-ing her out the window after catching her trying to swipe my purse but I'm pretty sure that was postcoital.

sarvu2543

Jul 6, 2016
Agreed--especially since a little banter and roughhousing is within the expected range of your relationship with this previously-unnamed thieving bird! I know there's ways around it, but "you can cheat" isn't an ideal solution to an unexpected content lock.

It's not a catastrophe--this kind of bump in the road is to be expected while playing an early access/perpetual development game--but I think a slightly more involved system would both keep lanes open for older saves, while also being less of a binary lightswitch for those who do qualify.

On that note: Is there an easy way to check if you ever actually kicked her out? I distinctly remember Uncle Phil-ing her out the window after catching her trying to swipe my purse but I'm pretty sure that was postcoital.
glad to see some people agreeing with me here was worried id come off as offensive.

nebulous_doofus

Jul 8, 2022
You can also use the dev console on browser if you don't feel like getting the save edited file notification every time you boot up the save.
Yes but what would you set the flags to in order to achieve this result? WINGLEADER_REJECTED is at 0 as well as WINGLEADER_STATUS on my file and I can't get anything to proc.