Deepsea Research Facility Gray Goo Armour

Hetzer

Feb 24, 2022
Gray Goo armour doesn't change stats after clearing the Deepsea facility with it

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Confirmed for [0.69.420-PUBLIC#1593] -- while defeating the boss triggers "armor upgrade" scene, the Gray Goo Armor traits and attributes remain unchanged.

Attached a savefile; to reproduce, move east and kill the jellyfish.

Attachments

• Ava (F) - 17Hrs 18Mins, 110 Days - Uveto VII, Siretta.json
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

duckduckgo

Feb 12, 2022
I also had this issue in Game Version: 0.69.420-BACKER#1594. Scene triggers, but stats do not appear to change.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Ok, the good news is the flag is getting set so you don't need to redo the quest to get things fixed. I'm still looking into a way to get this to update automatically in the JS code but in the meantime there is a workaround.

1) First make sure you do not have the "Reduced Goo" or "Goo Armor Defense Drain" status effects,
2)Then go to the place on your ship where you can interact with your crew.
3) Make sure you are wearing the goo armor (not just in inventory) and interact with her.
4) In the menu choose "Customize" and make sure to use the "Exposure" tab to cover up any exposed parts and the "Style" tab to not be set to swimwear.
5) Once that is done and you exit the menu the code will automatically check for any missing upgrades and the problem should be fixed. Once it does you can re-expose body parts or do other customization as normal.

Last edited:

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
The update mechanic used by the goo armor needs it to have unadjusted stats with no temp adjustments like what occurs when body parts are exposed. So this bug more than likely existed in the AS version as well. The goo armor code is going to be refactored as part of the JS conversion, so for now the workaround will have to do for those that have the goo armor set to have body parts exposed when the upgrade happens. Once the code has been refactored I will look into a way to making it work without having to do the workaround.