Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms (26 / June / 2020)

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Wanted to echo my comments on tfgamessite for discussion here:

- Absolutely love Helena's options and hope that time and resources are devoted to building her out. Perhaps in the future she takes her "becoming queen" route more seriously and perhaps you have influence over the outcome: A bad end? A new dynamic? A loving dom? Or any of the normal options for her in various physical traits/forms? Quite ambitious, but could be its own game.

((BTW: some perspective errors in her current texts, as well as some of her scenes not able to reflect her various loyalty/corruption/love/willpower states))

- Obviously, would love to see this treatment extend to other prominent characters. Perhaps to save time you prioritize them into tiers to focus the features for each possible retainer.

- As a fan of muscle and demonic transformations, I would like to see the paperdolls gain some extra states.

- Slavery seems rather useless, but them again the key game systems in requiring servants (of any kind) are not well-established. I don't feel like I'm running a kingdom more than I'm trying to transform my retainers and grind through their development. The game should mesh very well with this content and add to the game portions of running the kingdom every day.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Wanted to echo my comments on tfgamessite for discussion here:

- Absolutely love Helena's options and hope that time and resources are devoted to building her out. Perhaps in the future she takes her "becoming queen" route more seriously and perhaps you have influence over the outcome: A bad end? A new dynamic? A loving dom? Or any of the normal options for her in various physical traits/forms? Quite ambitious, but could be its own game.

((BTW: some perspective errors in her current texts, as well as some of her scenes not able to reflect her various loyalty/corruption/love/willpower states))

- Obviously, would love to see this treatment extend to other prominent characters. Perhaps to save time you prioritize them into tiers to focus the features for each possible retainer.

- As a fan of muscle and demonic transformations, I would like to see the paperdolls gain some extra states.

- Slavery seems rather useless, but them again the key game systems in requiring servants (of any kind) are not well-established. I don't feel like I'm running a kingdom more than I'm trying to transform my retainers and grind through their development. The game should mesh very well with this content and add to the game portions of running the kingdom every day.

Yes, the idea is that one of the endings have to do with her, specially if you make her dominant.

I also added just new content for her! And I'll be adding little by little content to each character, I just got someone to help me write and I think it has potential, which means I'll have more time to focus on these characters.

Also some of the content doesn't take into account her willpower and else, that's true (thinking on some of the se scenes), I'll be trying to fix that soon too, although its not super high in my list of priorities for the next 2 months at least.

I'm thinking into making Abbadon more like a switch or a sub, since heshe is already kinda dominant as it naturally is. In general, some characters will have this sub/dom dynamic, not all of them tho since I want to explore other stuff (i.e. feminization with one of the newly introduced male characters)

About the paperdolls, unless the game is doing like x2 the current amount it's not going to really be possible because its kinda costly, right now for those NPCs I'm investing 50-75 USD a month, while for the main characters it would be too expensive to have every variant (like I would love a muscular/bbw/bimbo Helena), but if the game keeps growing or overtime I may do so.

I agree that this kingdom mechanic has been neglected, this month I focused to start polishing combat and fixing some things, next month will be both combat and NPCs/management, because I really want to make that more interesting and worth it, suggestions about this are gladly accepted!

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
It's honestly worth the investment, in my opinion - as much as I like text games - visuals help a lot and if there's variety in how they can change, that's definitely novel and makes the game stand out.

You don't need every variant for every character although that'd be amazing and prove you have a solid paperdoll/sprite system. I would say to work around this with good design for the time being.

Great to hear there's some writing help.

Helena: Pretty attractive set of features for a single character. Would love to see you structure this and apply it to the characters, even if their content is different.
Abbadon: Does seem like a switch, should contrast the other characters in that Abbadon seems like a noble through and through no matter what you choose to do.
Alba: Seems thuggish and crude, a naturally corrupt actor.
Sister: I remember the sister being interesting as a route, but she always seemed too waifish. Gaining her more power and corruption in order for her to become something else would be great. Taking guidance off of how Helena's route has gone so far.
Lucina: Have to wait and see, to be honest. No opinions.

As for new retainers or characters - I kinda expected more unique servants capable of being elevated and engaged with like the amazon you get as part of one of the retainer questlines. There's a strong case for advancing these special additions if you wish to give them rank and prestige. This way characters feel special but you don't need to build them out as much as your main characters.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
New public build available!

Download link: MEGA

Here is the changelog:
Hello patreons! Well as I said the build was almost ready, so here it is!

I’ll go into detail about what it contains:

• Bugfix: There was a bug with Virgil that created the same quest many times, don’t worry if you had this problem just do the quest again, I did added something that should delete the duplicated quests, but if it doesn’t works somehow please tell in the comments!
  • Luna’s dominant story line! It has 4 quests, all of them with something kinky! In future updates I’ll add transformations and sex scenes for her!
  • Main story: with 3 quests for Virgil, these are mostly lore though, but for the next build his story will be finished and there will be interesting content for him!
  • Two new scenes for dominant Helena, you can find along other scenes (Big oral and pegging are named, I suck with these names...)
  • Two new scenes for Abbadon with BDSM/Pony play, you need to corrupt Abbadon first tho (66+ corruption).
There were also many changes in combat, although the current flow of it will not change, I’m starting to add more content to make it interesting:

• Equipment now actually works. Before it added and changed some stats, but they were ignored in combat (when I first released combat the enemies did way too much dmg, so I just buffed the MC a lot), now they are more relevant: Going naked and unarmed is now punishing, although for now I still think the game is kinda easy. I’ll be working on balance for the release of 0.2.5 so at that point this will be more noticeable even.
  • Also bug fixed a lot of equipment that you couldn’t wear.
  • Text and content! Now there is a short text when you just face your enemy and one when you defeat it or when they defeat you, also if you yield now you can get 4 sex scenes where the enemy dominates you. Take into account I still need 4 se scenes more, so when you yield there is a 50% chance you get a placeholder.
  • Now enemies give loot, this may be buggy and need more testing but so far the tests I’ve done it works just fine.
And that’s all for this dev build! For the release of 0.2.5 you can expect more of this tho: Improving combat more, more sex scenes, another poll too.

There should be said that I’m also working to release content for Alba in 0.2.5, at least dates and transformation at the end, also new outfits for the enemies and finishing Virgil, so keep tuned and thank you all for your support and feedback!

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Hey guys new release of my game! here is the changelog for the new public version! but it should be said that this latest update (0.2.6 dev) its kinda big, and thats thanks for all your support! Either by contributing through patreon but also through feedback, bugs report or just hanging around in the discord! If you guys want to join here its the link!

Here an image of the new outfits in 0.2.6!

Hello patreons! First of all thank you all for your support!

This month has been great, I got a second writer to help me do secondary content and it’s been working great. He has helped to write few dates with Alba and the new sex scenes for enemies.

But let’s go straight to the changelog:

• Two final quests for Virgil, finishing his route with two endings!
  • The first two quests for Celia! In reality there are 4 quests, because she has an initial corrupt route and pure route, these routes are determined depending if you corrupted Itzel or not.
  • 5 Dates for Virgil! 2 for his corrupt route, 2 for his pure route, and a third one roughly shared by both, so there is replayability for different routes!
  • 3 Dates for Alba! The first one was written by me and has not been edited yet, the last 2 were done by the new writer, feedback would be welcomed!
  • A lot of sex scenes in combat! First of all 4 new generic sex scenes for when you are defeated to be used as placeholder in the meantime, then 8 sex scenes when you get defeated by elves (depending if you have dick or not, and if they do). Also, 8 scenes for when you defeat an elf, depending again on genitals there are different options!
  • Bug fixes: A lot of them really. One of the routes of Alba was screwed and I didn’t knew until recently, and apparently corrupting/purifying Itzel was bugged. A lot of things have been fixed overall but please report anything weird!
And that would be all, as usual I would be really grateful if you guys report any bugs, but also feedback about the new writing and new sex scenes with the enemies.

Expect therefore better updates from now on, since I will be focusing on the main characters while the new writer adds tons of new content to the kinda ignored management side of the game.

Next month I’ll keep working on Celia, will add new content for Alba (sex scenes) and Virgil (Feminization training), sex scenes for your workers, enemies and new polls too!

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Hi people! There is a new public release for my game, there is a lot of new content and we are starting to polish the rough edges, although there is still a lot to be done, we are hoping that during the next few months the user experience will be increased significantly!

We updated the main page of this thread but you can also visit the patreon to know more, a shorter changelog here in spoilers!

CHANGELOG
  • Next 3 quests of Celia in each of her paths (the initial corrupt or pure one). Story changes a bit, and her changes depends on whatever you corrupted Vivica or not, so make sure to save before her to enjoy the different content of both Virgil and Celia.
  • First 4 quests of Vivica! Her story line it’s pretty long but it will be worth it, since at the end you’ll have the choice to learn magic too and change your combat skills appropriately!
  • New enemy! The dragon at least! Altho it’s has good variety, there weren’t enough time to work on the hairstyles so it only has 1 and various bald options with horns... nonetheless its going to be expanded by the final release of 0.2.6! This new addition also includes 3 different defeat scenes and 3 victory scenes. This time around I decided to go with longer scenes instead of many short ones, feedback about this decision will be appreciated!
  • More content for the wolf! In this case with 3 new defeat and victory sex scenes for this enemy in particular!
  • Transformation scenes for Alba, Abbadon and Helena! These will trigger when you make them grow a dick or increase their breast sizes at the maximum, if you already did or want to repeat the scenes it’s kinda easy: Just reduce their sizes with a potion and grow them again!
  • Sex scenes for your retainers living in your barracks! For now only 3 sex scenes (give handjob, give oral and receive oral) but many more will come by 0.2.6 with variants if they are corrupt too! Also a sex scene for Alba that you can access after dating her!
  • New art! 3 color variants of the dragon with different faces, eyes, etc. And 4 new outfits: A religious outfit, a leather bondage one, a rich and elegant one and finally a maid outfit!

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Just in Case: reported some scene and text problems over at tfgamessite. If you prefer that here, I can edit.

Haven't had the chance to try out servsnt stuff. I'd prefer all of that was built out a bit better before checking in on all of it.

Reactions: MaratDuoDev

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Just in Case: reported some scene and text problems over at tfgamessite. If you prefer that here, I can edit.

Haven't had the chance to try out servsnt stuff. I'd prefer all of that was built out a bit better before checking in on all of it.
its fine, i follow both threads, so use any forum you prefer! or also you or anyone can join the discord https://discord.gg/ykCFJZh

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
You know, I tried this game when you first put it out here, then left it alone to give you more development time, firm up the systems. So I recently came back and tried again with the 0.2.6 version and...

It's a friggin' mess. Sorry if that (and what I'm about to say) comes across as harsh, but I am a harsh critic (I see it as tough love).

There are no tutorials, no manual, a lot of the tooltips are missing, and a lot of the content is blatantly placeholder, such as 2/3 of the bars in the Journal tab. I have no idea what to do other than follow the most recent Journal option or what decisions to make because none of them are informed decisions (apart from the obvious "slutty corrupt decision" and "not-slutty corrupt decision"). I don't know what any of my stats mean, or what effect equipment has (OK, so this piece of gear gives me +2 Martial- now what does that even mean in practical terms?) so I can't work out what's a good use of my money. How am I supposed to get money except as handouts from story sequences? So far the game just seems to be a string of decisions akin to a Choose Your Own Adventure Novel. Do I actually get to make ANY decisions in how to rule my city beyond the ones in the Journal story sequences?

Also the game seems buggy- on my first meeting with Abbadon I flirted with him and promised to support him, only for him to point out that I'd already promised the same to Alba (who I hadn't even met yet), when I later took him out for a date once interactions were unlocked most of his pronouns were replaced with what I assume are the variables PRONHESHE and PRONHISHER while some were still fixed at "Him", and time seems to skip forward at totally arbitrary intervals (after my first meeting with Abbadon it was noon of day, then after meeting with Alba right afterwards it jumped straight to afternoon of day 3) which is a bit of a bugger in these kinds of games where time is a valuable resource. Plus there are a lot of writing errors, grammatical booboos and other mistakes.

But ultimately the biggest problem with the game is that there are so many systems but no guidance for what the hell I'm supposed to DO with them. I find that very discouraging. I'm just clicking through one Journal entry after another, not really feeling like I'm actually PLAYING the game. It feels exceedingly rough and incomplete on a very basic level, which is disappointing for a project that has been going on for this many versions.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
You know, I tried this game when you first put it out here, then left it alone to give you more development time, firm up the systems. So I recently came back and tried again with the 0.2.6 version and...

It's a friggin' mess. Sorry if that (and what I'm about to say) comes across as harsh, but I am a harsh critic (I see it as tough love).

There are no tutorials, no manual, a lot of the tooltips are missing, and a lot of the content is blatantly placeholder, such as 2/3 of the bars in the Journal tab. I have no idea what to do other than follow the most recent Journal option or what decisions to make because none of them are informed decisions (apart from the obvious "slutty corrupt decision" and "not-slutty corrupt decision"). I don't know what any of my stats mean, or what effect equipment has (OK, so this piece of gear gives me +2 Martial- now what does that even mean in practical terms?) so I can't work out what's a good use of my money. How am I supposed to get money except as handouts from story sequences? So far the game just seems to be a string of decisions akin to a Choose Your Own Adventure Novel. Do I actually get to make ANY decisions in how to rule my city beyond the ones in the Journal story sequences?

Also the game seems buggy- on my first meeting with Abbadon I flirted with him and promised to support him, only for him to point out that I'd already promised the same to Alba (who I hadn't even met yet), when I later took him out for a date once interactions were unlocked most of his pronouns were replaced with what I assume are the variables PRONHESHE and PRONHISHER while some were still fixed at "Him", and time seems to skip forward at totally arbitrary intervals (after my first meeting with Abbadon it was noon of day, then after meeting with Alba right afterwards it jumped straight to afternoon of day 3) which is a bit of a bugger in these kinds of games where time is a valuable resource. Plus there are a lot of writing errors, grammatical booboos and other mistakes.

But ultimately the biggest problem with the game is that there are so many systems but no guidance for what the hell I'm supposed to DO with them. I find that very discouraging. I'm just clicking through one Journal entry after another, not really feeling like I'm actually PLAYING the game. It feels exceedingly rough and incomplete on a very basic level, which is disappointing for a project that has been going on for this many versions.

Its been 2 years of development. After the first year everything was written very poorly, with no editing at all, the UI was really bad, the code didnt worked. As for the second year, I have written, rewritten or sent to edit a whole year of writing (over 500k words), redone the code at least 2 times (which now it works "fine" or "good enough" so i dont have to go back and do it all again), re-design the whole UI and right now I'm just about to finish adding back (and expand) all of what we had in the first year (story-wise).

It's a mess, you dont need to come and tell me, if you visit the discord or the patreon or anywhere else you would see that this is something i am very well aware, but this is not a 1 year project, but at least a 4-5 year, and this phase (0.2) is focusing on the story for the most part, which is why there is barely any exploration and almost all of the content focuses on the story and main characters.

Just a month ago I hired someone to help me find and report bugs and in the newest patreon build I already fixed over 100 mistakes and bugs, including that one that you mention with Abbadon, tons of those variables, etc.

Of course, there is probably a lot more around, but at the current rate (fixing like 50-100 a month, which is easier/possible now thanks to this person I hired), these problems will be a thing from the past in few months now, at least the amount of them.

The game it's obviously going to a very slow pace, mostly because the first thing i had to get right after the code and the UI was the quality of the writing (editing), but editing costs money, and I can only write so much each month to expand old quests. Even if all of my texts were great from the beginning and didn't required editing, which they aren't, there is still only how much I can code each month, since remember I am readding more than a year worth of work by two persons.

This is why it's 0.2.x and not 0.8, and once I'm finished with 0.2 I will go and focus on the other problems: UI (and by this i mean mostly tooltips), tutorials (will use the person that's hunting for bugs to write a guide once he is finished with most of the content), exploration (something I am actually already working for next month), new enemies, new transformations, etc. Well, pretty much everything that's not the main story.

Edit: Also I must mention I just hired a new writer that's been working on adding new and unique sex scenes for enemies, for your slaves, and will add new texts for combat, etc. The point is all these things that had been neglected (because again, there is only how much I can do each month) are things that I am aware and that I am working to fix, but I didnt had the resources (aka money) until 2 months ago to actually invest and start to do something about them

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Making a game from basically nothing is very hard to do. I've created several games - some are quite far, some are just toys, some are functional in varying states. It's not easy, especially when your goals are to keep working on it. They ALL took a long ass time to get anywhere.

I think people are really harsh on devs and amateurs trying to make these games. Doing this Porn Game Thing by one's self is exhausting, somewhat discouraging, and requires a lot of energy and time.

I also think people need to understand that it's very difficult to go from 1 to not1 in terms of producing a game. It's also a very different story when you ask people for money - mostly as a show of support so you can at least not suffer as much for working on something people like. Expectations rise, quite naturally, because money is changing hands.

That being said - I don't mind being critical because of that. Personally, I've made and contributed to several things at this point (NGM and now I want to help the Clan: Inception Mod if possible) and I ask for nothing. My attitude is very different and my hobby of programming and writing is done for free, and people can kiss my ass if they don't like it. I can be that way because I haven't asked for anything. There's the issue of nothing being done, though. Yeah....about that...

So - IMO - I give people a break, but I hold them to my own expectations that I'd have on myself. I'm familiar with putting up or shutting up. Most other's aren't.

As for this thing: yeah, it's been a long time. I have concerns, but I can understand why decisions get made. I just want more stuff, and I want it faster than each month. That's entirely my own problem.

Jadex

Oct 31, 2018
In a way, I can understand the frustration. I'm trying to get the hang of the game myself, and all the resources I've found on the game do nothing to address the questions I have. IMO, having a guide on how to optimize your playthrough when there isn't any info on just how to play the game is a lack of oversight. I have lots of questions that the game doesn't seem to address, and none of the official guides cover what I consider to be gameplay basics. (What are these red circles with numbers in it next to the people in my barracks? Why aren't any of the slaves i've captured healing? How do I see the changes all my slaves are having on my castle?)
I think going over basics for the game would be a great start, because from what i'm seeing, the game is not very friendly to new players with so many confusing aspects and lack of info available.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Uh, when ever I try to extract the compressed file, it fails. I've tried more than one program. Is there a password I need?

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016

Hello people, there is a new update of my game! here is a short version of the changelog, but you can read it all here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/24162635

CHANGELOG:

• New character: Livia, the baker, she’ll have a lengthy story, for now, the first few quests have been added to her, including with her art, portrayed above!
  • Exploration! Now you can visit few locations around the city. There are 2-3 corrupt and pure events in each (they appear depending on the corruption of your city)
  • Adding stats to the city, to simulate it’s growth and change. This includes taxes, budget points (to be spent in different areas). All of these will have a huge impact in how rich your city becomes (which in the future will mean how much money you earn each day), and also how corrupt it is. You can also have themes in the future, either going for a strict theocracy that fights corruption with a powerful inquisition, or a more hippie, pacifist, super free society, the choice is yours!
  • Fixing bugs! Including one which blocked pretty much all the content of Faustina, now she’s unlocked and you can finish her story line!

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Here is the short changelog, you can read the entire thing at: https://www.patreon.com/posts/25583305

• 5 new quests for Livia, with 5 different endings!
  • Adding Julian, Livia’s wife, he doesn’t has much content yet, but he has his art ready and it’s introduced in Livia’s quest.
  • The main story of Sartornea is finished, including a new portrait version for her in two endings!
  • 7 new quests for Brontes, with 3 different endings, with a powerful reward at the end!
  • Wolf transformation! If you are defeated by a wolf and yield, there is a 25% he or she will transform you in 3 phases!
  • The laboratory! You can access it via the journal. For now, you can only apply potions to yourself, and this feature is still WIP, although you can use any of the basic potions (for breasts, dicks, etc.) and you’ll have a special scene if you succeed, extra sexy if you are corrupted too (50+ corruption)!
  • Includes new dates and 3 new sex scenes or the spider girl too!
  • General bug fixes

Reactions: Ritzy

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Not really - there's only the suspicion condition - otherwise the story is very linear and the updates are generally related to clicking the item on a single location until it stops for the next update. I'd imagine there will someday be some amount of going back and

- Removing all the version signposts littered about the game.
- Implementing the other three transformations.
- Updating the art and renders to reflect your choices in transformation.
- Updating general scenes to also reflect transformations.
- Updating the game with new failure conditions, making the strategy game more strategic and a game.
- Follow through on some of the consequential choices already in the game.

but it's very slow going, as the developer is bouncing between three games and at least two different patreons to promote them.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Is this still being worked on? Enjoyable game!
Sorry for the late response, I dont know but even though I am subscribed to this thread, I never get notifications.

Yes the game is still being worked on, and you can find some cheats in the menu, at least to increase your money!

Does this game have bad ends?
Not yet, and it will have endings... but if you mean "losing" by taking wrong choices, no it wont, but there will be endings where you arent well off.

We've been working on adding a lot of content to previous characters. we are also trying to improve combat (we are reworking the current enemies too), and will soon expand other features like the castle management.

You can read more about the current public release here

https://www.patreon.com/posts/27800164

Also if you guys like the game, join our discord, there I answer pretty much everything, and check it pretty much daily.

https://discord.gg/NmQnvtT

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
Latest public release can be found here! You can also download it from the first page!

Also, the changelog!

• Added a few quests for Dion, finishing his main story!
  • Conclusion to Lorei’s main story (which involves Lucretius more than anyone else)
  • A very long story scene which includes Tricia, Dion and Lorei, among other characters.
  • 3 Sex scenes for Lucretius (different if you are corrupt or pure)
  • 3 Sex scenes for Vivica corrupt (one with exhibitionism, other with public use)
  • 3 Sex scenes for Lucina pure!
  • New enemy! The opposum!
  • Bug fixes, including texts with Helena, Abbadon, Lucretius, Faustina and Alba, among others.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
A lot of new content since January, including many new characters!

I would suggest for a full changelog to check the patreon latest public release!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/36264984

Here some images of the new characters, we also are polishing the mechanics of the game, adding sex scenes to all early characters and overall, we are aiming to make the experience more full and enjoyable. We're going to edit some of the older writing too, since some scenes are quite attrocious in regards of grammar

31000.png 29000.png30000.png

munis

Aug 2, 2020
I just got this game today and played through some of it. First I want to say I like it in concept, it reminds me quite a bit of CoC and TiTS, which I'm sure were partial inspirations given your own acronym. I really do want to applaud the game as a whole.

Having said that I think I'm resolved to put this game down for now and come back in a year or two. There are just a few too many places where it felt incomplete and ruined my immersion for me to feel like committing to the game in it's current state.
ld.

1. Lust combat just feels wrong. Every lust ability increases my own lust as well, at this point I'm honestly not sure if this is an intended feature or a bug; but if it was intended then it needs to be made much clearer that it's happening. At first I was very confused why I kept loosing fights to excessive lust damage despite not the enemies rarely using lust attacks because I didn't know about all the self inflicted lust damage happening until I took time to more closely monitor my stats and experiment to figure out what was happening. *if* this is an intended feature then when I use an ability tell me that I've inflicted lust damage on myself and how much so I know it's happening, similar to how forced kiss does it.
1B. Speaking of forced kiss if the intent was for lust abilities to increase your own lust then this leaves forced kiss a bit broken. it was advertised as doing high lust damage at the trade off of doing lust damage to the user, but since it often only does the listed amount of damage, without any of the 'hidden' lust damage that comes with all the other lust abilities, it often ends up doing less total lust damage to me then weaker abilities like Body Showoff.
1C. it appears that critical failures with lust attacks increase your own lust damage. Again this needs to be better communicated,, as the fumble message says I did 0 damage to myself, it should mention lust damage dealt so I know I'm taking damage!
1D. as a side effect of the above two issues lust combat feels rather worthless for any other then possibly the whore (and then only because the forced kiss ability seems broken in it's effectiveness) as it's quite possible for me to do more lust damage to myself then inflicted on my enemy when weaker lust abilities barely do more damage to the enemy then the backlash lust damage, and all the constant fumbles add a bunch of additional self-inflicted lust damage.

2. I have no clue what is going on with the days! They seem to skip randomly forward with quests, a quick visit to the blacksmith takes two days for some reason, and one of the early quests (picking performers for abbadon) seems to jump time forward by weeks. However, many things linked to time, like healing, don't happen during these sudden leaps through time. Since it's impossible to 'lose' an RPG (grind enough and you win) I have always judged my effectiveness by how *quickly* I win, ie how few days it takes to accomplish things, so the fact that I suddenly lose weeks of time with no warning or understanding how (or any of the benefits like healing or gold earned by slaves) takes away from my enjoyment and ability to well 'role play' my role playing game ;)

3. Many features lack documentation in or out of game or any real way to determine how they actually function. I don't fully know how all my states contribute to combat and when, if ever, they are doing something out of combat. I don't know how slaves respond to the various rewards/punishments or if they are, the erotic damage issue above etc. I'd really recommend creating a wiki with at least basic descriptions of how the various mechanics are intended to function (which can be linked to in the intro of the game somewhere) so people can better understand what their decisions mean. If your really oppose to documenting the exact mechanics then at least give better hints in-game so someone stands a chance of deducing what's happening. as it is I'm not even sure how, or if, stats can increase in the game.

4) as you already know there are a number of places where minor bugs happen that by themselves wouldn't bee to much of a problem if not for issue 5 below:
4a. I've seen the wrong scene play on a number of cases (for instance I believe that all erotic rewards for slaves default to message, while sexual punishments default to a dummied out 'grope' option).
4b. a few abilities don't seem to work, the alchemists debilitating Fumes ability literally says "this is a bug" in the middle of it's description every time it's used while the arousing fumes always does exactly 0 lust damage and I don't think the poison actually poisons anyone.
4c. Many of the sold potions don't seem to change the character's attributes
4d. I *think* I'm suppose to get 3 actions I can do with my slaves a day, but it seems if I load an old save after doing an action the action is already 'exhausted' despite having reloaded to the start of the day.

5) kind of a reiteration of the above two points, but the real issue for me is the combination of point 4 and 3 leaves me feeling lost when I come to a new mechanic. If I don't immediately know what an option or choice does is it because the option is bugged, this is a dummy out feature that isn't really intend to work at all yet, or it's working as intended and I just can't determine the intent because there is poor indication of how the functionality behaves. As an example when I won a fight I had noticed that the "vaginal sex" option was grayed out. I believe that was due to this particular version of the feral didn't have a vagina to have sex with, but my first thought when I saw it grayed out was that I wasn't allowed to have the furry have vaginal sex with me because the game didn't realize my futarni character had a vagina; something that seemed plausible since I'd seen similar mistakes before. Another example is that I'm still not sure if it's intended or bugged behavior that my lust abilities cause me lust damage, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere else in this littler review I've confused bug for feature or feature for bug. The net result is I don't feel immersed in the game or able to play it satisfyingly. sure I could still in theory complete everything, I have cheat codes and no time limit to just click around to do things, but It's not satisfying to feel I'm stumbling around a game lost and playing poorly with an incomplete understanding of what I can do and only winning because the game is too forgiving to me.

All of these comes down to a single larger comment, I feel the game is being a bit too ambitious for it's own good. A CoCs style game with slave management, a complicated intermixing of numerous stats, and city management all in one? that's allot of cool stuff I would like to see and play with. The problem is that none of them feel complete to me, I can't get invested into the game play of any one of them when I don't know how they work and have to constantly wonder if the functionality is even doing what I think it's doing. I'd rather see a less ambitious, but complete, subset of all these features, with promise of new features being added as they are completed, the an incomplete conglomeration that it currently is. I'd strongly encourage going back to the basics and making sure all the core functionality is cleaned up. understandable, and generally solid before trying to add in even more features or content.

I know that your patrons are likely constantly pushing for new content to the point that you may feel the need to constantly prioritize now content and feature over cleaning up the existing mechanics, but please remember to consider survivorship bias when you consider that feedback. The patrons you have now are the ones who were willing to ignore limits in gameplay to focus on content and so of course they want more content, but how many potential patrons, like myself, are being lost before you even hear from them because the incomplete nature of the gameplay drives us away before we can get to most of the content? I barely finished the first two noble quest lines, that's as far as I could get before I ended up being too distracted with sparkly features I wanted to try out only to be frustrated by them. I'm not going to care about new characters added or furthered plot in chapter 2 if I can't get invested in chapter one. I believe if you take a bit of time to clean up the core gameplay and make it more intuitive you would actually significantly increase your potential patrons by including patrons with a heavy focus on gameplay instead of only getting patrons interested in content to the exclusion of gameplay.

And again I want to reiterate that this is meant as constructive criticism. I am very interested in the game and the potential it hints at and have every intent to coming back and check it out in a year in the hopes that by then the gameplay feels a bit more complete so I can get properly invested in it so I can see more of that content.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
First of all, thanks a lot for the lengthy feedback! The problem with a few bugs etc. is that people don't report them, and when they don't do that, I can't actually fix them, so this helps a lot to check out stuff.

Now point by point!

1) Yes, your own abilities do lust dmg to you, but it is not a bad idea to just remove that except for a few powerful skills (so they can't be abused), or make it, so you have a few abilities that reduce your own lust too. In the end, this is a balancing thing; I can try by just reducing significantly how much lust you get from your own skills, and if it's still too annoying, just remove the "cost."

Should be said, equipment affects combat *a lot*, having the right weapon and right armor is very important to do meaningful lust or normal dmg, but I still think I will do this rebalance

2) This is, ironically, because people complained that time advanced too slowly: Since there are like 6 turns in a single day, you could theoretically finish even a few characters in just 24 hours in the game, and when the quest says "After a few weeks..." well, it is quite inconsistent. To fix this many actions advance days even though it doesn't skip X amount of days in turns (which, could actually be ruinous if you think about it! Imagine fast-forwarding 2 weeks, and you have a wrong policy with one of your slaves? it could die, escape, etc. for that reason) - in short, days is more of a world-building tool than an actual indicator of how many turns you have played - Otherwise, by day 20 you could be conquering another kingdom when in reality your castle wouldn't even be finished its repairs by that day :p

Fast-forwarding days *does* affects how your city changes tho, as in, every ten days or so, the city updates its stats, so at least your city does evolve faster.

3) Agree, I am looking forward to adding more tooltips - there are already a few guides I have done, but I want to work them in detail
I am also going to go through that part of the game too (What happens with your slaves, their reports, etc.) and make them more interactable

I will look into a wiki tbh, maybe is the best choice.

4) If you report specifics, I can fix them, otherwise it is really difficult. I am trying to fix as many bugs as possible in these past months - the specifics you did mention tho, thanks a lot! I'll fix them asap!

Again thanks for the feedback, its helpful to have an idea of what people is struggling with and what can be done to fix it

Reactions: Dbhbe

Dbhbe

Aug 17, 2019
The game is a bit early but I really like it. I've been popping in every few months to see how it is going.
I am spitballing a random idea below, but ultimately I think the game is going in a good direction. I plan to check out Take Over before trying this again, but I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for any bugs. I know people tend to be terrible about reporting those.

Time does seem to be a bit wonky but I imagine it is hard to find a good balance. It might be worth just increasing the general length of the passage of time with an explanation that the bureaucratic work, or just general walking around a giant city, takes up a good portion of time each day.
Is it possible, or feasible, to have the normal 'turns' in a day take course over a week instead 'fluff' wise? It might make more sense for how fast relationships can seem to evolve and make the passage of time in quest fluff seem to match up better.

MaratDuoDev

Dec 4, 2016
The game is a bit early but I really like it. I've been popping in every few months to see how it is going.
I am spitballing a random idea below, but ultimately I think the game is going in a good direction. I plan to check out Take Over before trying this again, but I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for any bugs. I know people tend to be terrible about reporting those.

Time does seem to be a bit wonky but I imagine it is hard to find a good balance. It might be worth just increasing the general length of the passage of time with an explanation that the bureaucratic work, or just general walking around a giant city, takes up a good portion of time each day.
Is it possible, or feasible, to have the normal 'turns' in a day take course over a week instead 'fluff' wise? It might make more sense for how fast relationships can seem to evolve and make the passage of time in quest fluff seem to match up better.
Hey sorry for the late response! These days (5-20) are usually the most busy ones for me.
Bugs report are really helpful to keep fixing the game and improving it, if you find anything and share a screenshot its more likely I fix it (specially pronoun things like HEHIM and similar)
IDK if I get the turns thing, you mean instead of advancing hours or days advancing weeks?