Cybernetics?

coduss

Oct 18, 2015
am thinking about making a goblin character, and read up on gabliani transformation and noticed the cyborg perk., the only thing i want to know is where do i actually get the cybernetic stuff at? nothing on the wiki mentions it at all

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Right? How dare Savin not write to my specific fetishes either.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Eh, it's not the rudest I've seen posters be. I wish I had kept some of the stuff from the last forum.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well probably this shock from no cybering yet make it mind shorcut to simple lame with long a. Well nothing more to see here then let all move on ^^

JohanLitvisk

Aug 28, 2015
If the save editor is right, there are cybernetic based things in the games code and a perk related to them, but seeing as how there's no official way to get them (mostly like in the distant future), they're just there.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
A grey goo nanites TF in the style of Galomax would be an interesting intermediary step towards cybernetics. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Cybernetics would be still umm been partial organic and inorganic. By picking grey goo path it would be more going into fully inorganic life form. Or so I think it may be the case here with using grey goo somewhere inbetween. UNless it's some like bord with grey goo used as medium to form cybernetic parts in PC body.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
A grey goo nanites TF in the style of Galomax would be an interesting intermediary step towards cybernetics. 

Yes. Completely shedding your mortal coil and spreading your consciousness across an amorphous pile of nanomachines is an intermediary step towards getting mechanical implants in your fleshy body. That makes sense.

Grey Goo TF is verboten. Once again, cybernetics will be grafts and implants, not "lemme chop off my arm  and get some slick chrome! :DDDD"

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
LoL Savin you totaly not noticed I already noticed been grey goo it's not step toward cybernetics but step after cybernetics :D

fLesh > cybernetics > grey goo :laugh:

But what would be after grey goo...maybe fully inmmaterial form as pure energy. Eventualy half energy half material stage inbetween...

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Maybe the next stage is for Steele to become a psionic ball of living energy, forced to use a special suit to interact with meatbags. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
*talking in Lord Vader voice* Bow you lowly meatbags to my energy cocksaber and polish it well or I gonna stick it in places you can't even imagine*

Well I think as much it may be hilarious of funny PC will never cast away physical shell to be some sort of psi-energy ball. Ah well too far we getting from OP subject. So many promised stuff to happen so slow pace of getting them this or other way... *le sigh*

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I meant intermediary in terms of game mechanics. IE it would basically be able to use the currently existing framework that galomax does rather than requiring too many custom new mechanics. 

As for no shiny new chrome that's a pity. The potential for that was one of the rare things a magical fantasy setting like CoC was unable to realy explore. The hope for mechanical limb content was one of the key factors that won me over in terms of the thematic shift from magic to scifi. 

Hopefully psionics don't let me down/ suitably fill the niche of spess magics. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Gotta wonder why no new robolimbs is a thing. Regening limbs is a thing in setting already so it can be reversed and it could just a voluntary and expensive procedure that fades to black to skip any of the icky stuff.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Gotta wonder why no new robolimbs is a thing. Regening limbs is a thing in setting already so it can be reversed and it could just a voluntary and expensive procedure that fades to black to skip any of the icky stuff.

Because fuck having to write around that.  Every transformative text having to do with limbs would need two versions.  Every scene going forward would have to take into account that the PC's left arm could be different from their right arm.  Every scene already in the game would have to be gone over to see if it distinguishes between your left and right arm and edited appropriately.  Then repeat that for legs, wings, eyes.  It would be a gigantic hassle.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Or robo limbs could just be an all or nothing affair. IE it's gonna be an elective surgery anyways so just make it so that all available "upgrade" packages are symmetrical.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Can we just say cybernetics are a shit tonne of complications and leave it at that?  Unless you want to completely take out the possibility of further transformations of any body part post-cyberization, there really is no easy way of going around it.   GaloMax was written in such a way that it could work with TFs.  If there was a similar way to make robo tfs work, someone would have written it already.  Someone will eventually write a cyber tf that works.  And it might get in if it dosn't annoy Gedan too much.  Until that fateful far-off day, we'll have to content ourselves to implants.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
As Zevos sais till some genial person write cybernetics TF we need to use at best temporal solution. One that will not make most of old code in need of revision. So this proposition of locking out each body part that is all grey goo-like (in meaning of fully inorganic) should be that temporal thing.