Cybernetics?

ScrewThis

Aug 29, 2017
So, parts of the wiki refer to cybernetics as if they're something Steele can get in-game. Does anyone have a bit more information on this, such as whether or not it's true, and how to get them if so?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
They're not in the game in any form and it's doubtful they're going to get in the game any time soon.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
So, parts of the wiki refer to cybernetics as if they're something Steele can get in-game. Does anyone have a bit more information on this, such as whether or not it's true, and how to get them if so?
As far as I'm aware of, there's the little aim assist eye piece you can pick up on Tarkus and the puppy limbs you can get in Jerynn's bad end.

Dreadful123

Aug 10, 2017
~
Well, if you use titsed, you can hack them in. The code is all there in the game, but they're not obtainable in any way through normal play.

Medical technology renders them useless, unless you're one of the NPCs with some sob-story about either not being able to afford natural replacements or being on a primitive world where technology isn't advanced enough.

And since the only cyborg parts are eyes, tails, dicks, and cunts, things start to head towards blacklist territory when you think about what caused you to need artificial replacements...

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
If I recall, there is actually someone here, who is currently in the process of writing up a doc, where through a virus you will gradually be transformed into a cyborg. I apologize for not giving the proper credit to the writer. Still the doc sounds pretty interesting, hopefully it doesn't clash with any in-game lore so that this doc might be implemented somewhere down the line, and that we can have the means to gain cybernetics in game.

Dreadful123

Aug 10, 2017
~
Virus as in SSTD? Because with SSTDs, you can get those cured and/or gain immunity through doctor Lash. If it's NOT a SSTD, there is therefore no way to cure it, or even if there is, you couldn't gain immunity to it. That would probably not go over well.

But it DOES sound like an interesting concept, don't get me wrong.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Cybershit is a planned feature. Not implemented in any meaningful way right now, however.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Virus as in SSTD? Because with SSTDs, you can get those cured and/or gain immunity through doctor Lash. If it's NOT a SSTD, there is therefore no way to cure it, or even if there is, you couldn't gain immunity to it. That would probably not go over well.

But it DOES sound like an interesting concept, don't get me wrong.
It'll be curable at any medical unit, they search for any disease, not just SSTDs, and you're supposed to be able to avoid what gives you the disease completely and rather easily.

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
It'll be curable at any medical unit, they search for any disease, not just SSTDs, and you're supposed to be able to avoid what gives you the disease completely and rather easily.
That's gonna be one of those "You could do something reasonable. OR, you could eat hand so's bead!...You probably really shouldn't eat the bead. ...Are you sure you want to eat the bead? it could have serious, gradually-turn-into-a-machine-y consequences" tooltips, I can see it now...

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
That's gonna be one of those "You could do something reasonable. OR, you could eat hand so's bead!...You probably really shouldn't eat the bead. ...Are you sure you want to eat the bead? it could have serious, gradually-turn-into-a-machine-y consequences" tooltips, I can see it now...
From what I remember, it was planned more along the way of "That's some weird creature-thing. Are you going to ignore / hide from it, or are you going to go over and fight it, risking to catch whatever weirdness it has?"
Then after a while (in case of poking the thing and getting infected, instead of hiding) you get a codex warning that your microsurgeons give unusual feedback and you should have an expert check them.
Said expert (basically anywhere you could get advanced medical help) will then tell you that your microsurgeons can be fixed (if you want), and that you should definitely avoid these creatures in the future since more contact with them will "worsen" your microsurgeons' corruption and they would turn you into an android (gynoid? Hermoid?)