X

Would you rather:

• Have an image in a scene that doesn't resemble it.

Votes: 51 33.1%
  • Not have an image at all.

Votes: 103 66.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterino

May 13, 2017
Excellent work!!! Your place in fenoxo heaven is certain.

To keep the high quality here some (hopefully) constructive criticism:
- Some unused files in img:
- images.xml
- Found out there is no ID with harpy-highmountains-male-ride in kitteh only IDs harpy-loss/win-female/male​

- The images....xml don´t have any purpose anymore. Guess it comes out of ancient times. The only important file is the one in Github by kitteh.

Also I would like to talk about image size. The pack sure grow to an impresive chunk and so did some loading times. Some pic´s are 10 kB and other 5 MB. Ingame they are all scaled to a maximum in height or width of 400 (whatever comes first). So I would at least suggest to downgrade some to <1MB or minor ones to that value. Nobody sees a difference anyway. It is actually really easy with GIMP: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
Image->Scale Image-> reduce to whatever size or resolution you want->Voilà!

The format can do the trick. In nearly all of the images jpg./jpeg. is best here because raster graphics have a higher compression rate than vector graphics (.png). This can easily decrease size by half or even more.
On the other hand only png. has the ability to have a transparent background which is very nice!
.gif can be used but only the first picture will be shown. No animations ...

GIMP can also do the conversion for you. Just File -> Export As ...->Select File Type: JPEG or PNG

And a small transparency tutorial in GIMP:
Fuzzy Select Tool - mark Background (+Threshold) add with shift and remove with ctrl
Select -> Invert - to select the actual object and copy with "ctrl + c"
Layer-> New Layer - (Transparent) and paste with "ctrl + v"
Remove visibility of background (eye on right side) and save as .png

Of course it is a fuckton of work and nobody expect it from one alone but just to point the way towards perfection.

Last edited:

Peterino

May 13, 2017
'I cannot be good. I must be perfection.'
Nice to hear your ambition. I will do my best to help.

Maybe the topic I brought up isn´t really a topic which is good :)

Mass conversion can be easily executed with Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/
File -> Batch conversion select all jpg./jpeg. images, set output format to JPG
Use advanced options: set long side to 800 + Don´t enlarge smaller pic Start Batch
For .png its analog but make sure to save transparent color and also thats where problems begin ...

For JPG its really useful and I would heavily recommend it to reduce size to app. 170 MB
It depends on how you play also. As I mentioned earlier all images are scaled to 400 if you play in the normal window so reducing it to this would leave you with a rediculessnes of 50 MB and good quality (probably good for tablets/phones). In full screen it seems to scale differently and quality is bad. With 800 everything is fine again + no harmonic blurring for standard + good compression. Even 1200 pixels ends in 330 MB. On the .png frontier I discovered bad transitions into transparancy (Aliasing) :( but maybe there are other options to do it better that I don´t know of.

So maybe leave the .png be but .jpg´s can all be scaled in <10 min.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Just FYI, when using the image folder from the Beta pack causes Adobe Flash player to lag horribly on booting up the game and eventually crashes before fully loading. Not sure why, Beta just has a few more images from what I can see versus Alpha, which still works without issue.

orcsoul

Nov 22, 2015
I can confirm the same behavior using Adobe's Flash Projector v26 (Stand alone flash player as opposed to in-browser), as well as within Chrome using v26 as well.

Given that it's taking a good 3-4 minutes of loading in images (assumption based on 3-4 minutes of veeeery sluggish interface usage) I am guessing (uneducated guess...) it's some memory issue within flash or the way CoC possibly handles images and trying to load all the images into a buffer or similar.

orcsoul

Nov 22, 2015
This is beta... launching it in standalone flash player I observed memory usage peak at just over 1.6GB before it finally crashed. Renaming the img folder drops memory usage to between 130-150mb by comparison.

Edit:

Cleared out the img folder on a lark and re-extracted the beta archive.. all seems well so far with the stand-alone flash player.

Last edited:

Ninaran

Nov 18, 2017
I think the main character for that would be Ember since there's so many different possibilities for him/her to look like.

In general more options are always appreciated, of course.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Amily has an option to be defurred after all.
Personally, I am more of a kemonomimi fan than a furry one, but I very much prefer it when images stick to character descriptions when possible.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Trilosis

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but a lot of images in this pack don't show up ingame for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Grim_Reaper_913

Jan 11, 2018
Wow... Having a bloody image pack is much better... Always had to literally imagine EVERYTHING when playing and a lot of characters didn't have sprites even. Thanks for doing this

Zaruma

Jan 17, 2018
Hey, I appreciate the time it took you to make this, I just had one request. If you wouldn't mind adding more male pictures, I'm sure plenty of people would appreciate it. CoC has always been weighted more towards females and herms, but looking at your album, there seems to be about 7 different female scenes for every 1 male one. I'm mostly talking about scenes with male player characters, but there are plenty of male NPC's and enemies that don't get the same treatment the female/futa NPC's and enemies get. There are also plenty of scenes that mention anal, but feature a female catcher by default without a male alternate for the PC, so there might be a rape scene, and a picture will come up representing a female PC, instead of my male PC. I know it would be extremely difficult, but there aren't a lot of "cunt-males" represented either. Kind of wanted to do a playthrough that way, but every picture that requires the PC character to have a vag, ends up making the PC female with breasts as well.

I understand it's a huge undertaking, I was just hoping the image pack would be a bit more balanced as far as the genders are concerned. I'm not sure how you search for the images you use, or the process it takes (I imagine way more than I would care to do), but using @keywords at the beginning of a furaffinity search, then adding what your looking for (ie Centaur) gives a pretty large list.

Once again, thanks for your work! You're awesome for putting so much effort into keeping this game alive.

Reactions: ShySquare

Zaruma

Jan 17, 2018
QUESTION TO THE USERS OF THIS IMAGE PACK:

Would some of you be interested in having an option to choose if a character is more of a furry version or more of a human one?

I've been thinking about making a seperate folder with options like that, so the main mod would be a preset and if you want to quickly and easily change something - you could download and play with the 'Options' download.

It will take some time though, that is why I want to find out if there's any interest in such a thing.

I'd love that option! I'm personally more into the furry stuff, that would drastically increase my enjoyment

Bertrand-7579

Dec 22, 2017
Always. However don't feel pressured ^^ if you do decide to make it. I'll gladly look at the results. haven't been playing much myself but i can always revisit ;D

Reactions: Kesil

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
Finally got around to updating the mod and decided to install this image pack. After the news about the sequel, it made me want to play the game again. Wonderful job on how organized everything is and such. Quick question though, is there a limit on the number of photos the game will load into the cache? Always seems like it loads up to only 630+ images.

I'll keep an eye out if you decide to make a new (last) update to the pack. Completely up to you if you got the time. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2018
I'm also curious about partnerintime's issue. The first post says there's over 2k pics in the pack but the game says there's only 634.

Reactions: partnerintime

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I'm also curious about partnerintime's issue. The first post says there's over 2k pics in the pack but the game says there's only 634.

Yeah, that's the exact number for me too. I've had this problem before with other packs as well with the game. I always wondered if it was a game issue not reading the other imgs or if there's something else I needed to do with flash. Curious to find out the reason.

Reactions: Sin Shadow Fox

TeKett

Aug 2, 2016
i had a previous version, the one for CoC_1.0.2_mod_1.4.10b and it worked fine, but i cant get the latest one to work, no images are being loaded.

Apr 13, 2018
Has anyone noticed the text is going off the screen? is there a way to fix that without removing the image pack?

ChizWiz

Mar 19, 2018
The scrollpanel seems to extend downwards indefinitely on CoC Revamp 1.4.13b. Is there a way to fix this without removing the image pack?

Ironclad

Dec 5, 2015
Wow, I feel like a piece of garbage for never finishing this. I got busy with school, but I could have at least uploaded what I did so I'll do that now. The main problem was I kept adding images and I was never satisfied with the transparencies. There's less than 150 unique images to edit, and it would be amazing if someone sorted through everything and incorporated it into the most recent image pack. I won't make any promises, but some feedback might incline me to finish it myself. Does anyone like the transparent images? Should I just resize everything and leave the backgrounds alone?

I encourage people to incorporate these into whatever image pack you want. I'm pretty terrible with crediting artists but reverse image searching the originals should be easy enough. Note the actual game image directory is only about 120 MB but I included all the full sized original images in the archive because I really wasn't sure about the transparencies and resizing.

Ironclad's CoC Images WIP
https://mega.nz/#!2w9wWSAK!TQMldIsZeEJD-3brLtV6cW1x6YlIfGLOqByFXByCEUg
http://www.mediafire.com/file/13c7c5l4q2o9n2j/Ironclad's CoC images WIP.rar

Various Monster Girls Images
https://mega.nz/#!2oFjBLBA!ihnmiCKu5RYRjhLE3LcqSg1w-rlfK9zMietAOE6KBQc
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n8pdicsv0bb45c4/Various Monster Girls Images.rar

Last edited:
Reactions: Centaviara
Status
Not open for further replies.