Curious race description problem

Dusty77

Apr 20, 2023
hello, I didn't know if this should count as a bug so I'm asking my question here.

before the race system was reworked (it's still not finished) my racial score was 100% Frostwyrm and 100% Amazon. But my appearance is clearly that of a Frostwyrm.

Except that for some time now, I've been characterized as an amazon and I'm seen as a human in dialogues. So it's disturbing me a bit, it's not a big problem but I wonder if it'll be solved or if it comes from my save.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Apparently, Amazon is being reworked into a modifier, instead of a race. Should solve such issues when it's done.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'm guessing Amazon is prioritized fairly high, so it out-ranks many other races. It also has a relatively low number of points, so it's easy to get a high percent. While it's described as a subset of Human, it doesn't actually require Human parts, just very generic Height, Thickness, Tone and one of two Perks. The only way out right now is to remove one of the Amazon Perks or reduce Height/Thickness/Tone below the threshold.

lowercase_donkey was working on a system that would let you choose which Race to count as (from the top few you qualified for), but I don't know what happened to that. I'm hoping it's still planned.

Jacques00 was working on making Amazon a modifier like '-Taur'. Again, hopefully that gets finished.

Reactions: Animefan666

Dusty77

Apr 20, 2023
Can you provide a save file for testing?
of course, here's a save
don't hesitate to let me know if there's a problem with my save.

Attachments

• Delta (H) - 21Hrs 42Mins, 476 Days - FrostBite, Liberteria.json
    816.7 KB · Views: 2

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
of course, here's a save
don't hesitate to let me know if there's a problem with my save.
Thanks. I have made an edit for the next release that should make a high amazon score (80% or more and one of the top two scores) no longer influence the race determination; but will now just add an "amazon" prefix to the race instead (unless the next highest score is human, then it'll just be the "amazon" race). This should correctly output the "frostwyrm" race with the amazon addition for your character.

I may change the threshold from 80% to 100% if more race outputs are not coming out as expected, but I'll see how it plays out with the current values. Aside from the cosmetic flourish, the prefix shouldn't ruin any specific race checks if the race is being checked properly depending on the content.

Reactions: Theron