[Critique and tips wanted] Rubber Made x Omnisuit

Thief of Time

Feb 13, 2018
Hello, newbie here
So, I left this on the Ideas board for some time, hoping to get a response of some kind, a validation of sorts so that I would know that writing things wouldn't be wasted on something impossible to implement. Unfortunately, no one bothered to say anything, which is the reason why I'm putting it here, I'll link in a doc and start writing this seriously as soon as I'm told it's possible to work in.

There is this idea I have been toying with for a few days, I have a feeling that the two items listed in the thread name, meaning Rubber Made and Omnisuit, should thematically interact in some capacity.

Link:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mktEf28nv2gF4w8tQYRLGWFdVCe648w-PEJWKxpxCv4/edit?usp=sharing

What this is actually supposed to do:
- Unique scenes to be used when using Rubber Made with Omnisuit equipped, with the idea mosty being that the latex of the Omnisuit is slowly attempting to bond with the slowly thickening layer of Rubber Made
- Which on top of being extra scenes would act as a warning toward the next point​
- When requirements for the "Black Latex" perk are met while Omnisuit is being worn, an alternative scene would play, showing how the now permanent layer of latex skin has bonded with the Omnisuit, causing the collar to malfunction and either:
- Stop responding to commands and become a small mention in the character description
- Short out and fall off broken and unusable, while leaving the actual suit still on the PC​
- Either way the actual item is destroyed, leaving PC permanently encased in a latex covering of the combination of PC's now natural latex skin and the Omnisuit, possibly also making a comment on how PC now really looks like a sexdoll, referencing the scenes of Rubber Made repeated use, where it describes how PC is feeling more vulgar, and how their look is nearing that of a sexdoll
- A new Perk to express this state, either replacing "Black Latex" as a sort of "upgrade" to it and make it include the shared effects, or have it added on top of it and just have the new stuff. Working Perk names are currently "Latex Wrapped" "Latex Melded" "Encased In Latex" "Permanent Suit"
- Not 100% sure about the effects, other than the obvious of locking the skin to always be latex, possibly hair as well with this one
- +10-20 to minimum Lust as it's supposed to be and upgrade/addon to Black Latex
- Maybe a few point to minimum Libido, because the new skin is now very sensitive and just being exposed to air is somewhat stimulating
- +few points of temporary Libido per equipped clothing item (armor, lower/upper undergarment), because the Omnisuit was broken and what is bonded to PC no longer conceals them, they would need to cover up in order to access the "nudity forbidden" areas, which would in turn stimulate their sensitive skin.
- Maybe make it +%Lust gains over time instead of Libido increase?​
- Maybe make the Perk give PC some of the stats from the Omnisuit? +Sexiness and the Lust damage vulnerability, not sure if the rest is appropriate
- Either lower maximum Dexterity by a few points, or have the Perk acquisition event lower current Dexterity by a few points​
I'll probably come up with something more in the next few days, so far I have an idea on how to write the scenes outlined thus far, a general skeleton of the whole process (a bit more expansive than what I put here, but I want to make sure it can be done in the first place before I dedicate time to more than just outline planing).

My ideas on how to implement this (programing):
- Firstly, I'm not a programmer, I only have bare basic actual skill, but I can throw out concepts
- Both the layers of latex skin from Rubber Made and equipping of Omnisuit (which does actually alter body description in character description) are already tracked by invisible status effects, meaning no new work to keep track of that
- One of the Driad TF Perks already in game already gives combat resistances/vulnerabilities, so no new system there
- Slut Stamp Perk already raises Libido in presence of equipped undergarment, so no new system
- I remember the old CoC had some items that could only be worn/used by characters with specific body proportions or stat values, and the Omnisuit itself already doesn't allow undergarments, so it shouldn't be that hard to ensure the PC can't equip another Omnisuit after the perk is gained, the mechanism is in there somewhere already​

Since I don't want to make a mammoth project from nothing and expect it to be implemented all at once, I'll stop here for now and eventually do what was recommended in the guide, make something relativere simple and short and then make add-ons later, let it snowball instead of dropping it at once.

Since I have managed to rant again, I'm looking for validation of possibility from the devs before I commit to writing the scenes, and ideas, opinions and advice from everyone. I'll write the scenes myself after I fully plan out what I want in the first edition and ideas for a few possible "DLC", like bimbo support for example.

Last edited:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
this would be cool but if its a permanent thing it should have stronger effects than the omnisuit by a bit and give a good special perk.

Doombot

Mar 5, 2016
I like this idea, i like it a lot. Bimbo support may be tricky as bimbos can't get the black latex perk, they get a bad end instead.

Thief of Time

Feb 13, 2018
I like this idea, i like it a lot. Bimbo support may be tricky as bimbos can't get the black latex perk, they get a bad end instead.
They actually can, it's tricky, and you need to grind up intelligence, but if you manage to have a high intelligence bimbo, there is a few % chance for the Rubber Made to work as it's supposed to and not even trigger the Bad End decision.

Thief of Time

Feb 13, 2018
After a long period of inactivity, I bring the first pass of my project, comment, advise, qritique and all that. Doc link is in the OP.

Thief of Time

Feb 13, 2018
While waiting for any kind of response, I'll work through my mental map of the final vision, maybe work out some blurbs for here and there.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
I like the idea a lot. I don't have anything substantial to say about the writing or the effects as I'm lost on how to balance this game, but I was thinking that perhaps you should add some extra Taint from this, as Rubber-Made already gives Taint, and merging with something as suspect as the Omnisuit doesn't exactly seem like the most genetically well-advised action.

Last edited:
K

Krynh

Sounds like a great idea, look forward to seeing it in the game. Don't have anything helpful to suggest though :(

Reactions: Crablord

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
i was hoping to see this one too :(

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
It's not dead, just sleeping... waiting for when I can take another look at it and make it better.
what is the current plan?
i made some suggestions for if you ever want to go back :) good luck