critical error bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Shouldn't matter where you were I think; this is a resurgence of a different problem of a sorts.

Basically the UI called the wrong function and tried to use the item rather than equip it, which is part of the reason I fully seperated the buttons. It may not have fully fixed the problem and just made it far less common, but it seems there's still a way it can happen and I'm not sure what it is yet.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Shouldn't matter where you were I think; this is a resurgence of a different problem of a sorts.
It definitely crashes after getting disarmed on New Texas. Other types of items cannot be Used while disarmed, but Shields still can and crash.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Okay so it is and it isn't - "the older problem" was this, where essentially an equippable item would show the Use button, which would then also call the use function which is clearly not appropriate for an item that is meant to be equippable. At the time I thought this was down to some weird UI not updating fully somehow thing but maybe it's been NTs disarm the whole time lmao.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, I think Leek wrote the disarm-disablement code to cover too many item types. I've toned it back down to just weapons for now whilst waiting for Fen to confirm how he wants it to work, which is the easiest way to fix this - if disarmed doesn't stop you switching shields, the use button won't show up when you select a shield and voila.

Status
Not open for further replies.