Crew Syri games seems bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
even with character stats at max, along with being higher than possible, crew Syri always manages to win, seemingly.

It's like you have no choice but to lose, which seems odd. Dunno if this is a bug or not, so I'll just leave my save here for anyone to experiment.

Attachments

• Jun (T) - 12Hrs 11Mins, 215 Days - Ova'LEK, Siretta.json
    767.7 KB · Views: 5

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Looking at the code, the game does calculate chances faithfully, but the outcomes are reversed -- her victory scene is put in the parser slot which is executed/printed when she loses, and vice-versa. (or to put it differently, the victory variable which drives it records the victory of Syri, while the scene expects it to be whether the PC won) Since mischievous PC with maxed out aim attribute is pretty much guaranteed to win, this is all you ever get to see.

edit: also, unrelated, but apparently having sex on camera in front of entire galaxy has no effect on player's exhibitionism, when doing the same in a seedy backwater bar with few viewers did. Go figure.

Last edited:

Leykoss

Oct 4, 2019
This should be fixed for the next patch. Thanks for your help ☞ó ͜つò☞.

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
Somehow I thought so...

but yeah, those stats were from back in the Flash saves, edited to be like that with save editor

LucianCanad

Dec 11, 2023
Something to add to this:

Got a character that's full Kineticist with the Third Eye Aim perk. Meaning INT and WIL pretty much maxed out, laughable Phys/Aim and middling REF. Before recruiting Syri, I bested her on games pretty consistently. After recruiting, still haven't won one.

Hypotheses:

1. Good RNG before, not so good now.
2. Streamer Syri is a sweaty tryhard (i.e. the checks are harder)
3. Third Eye Aim triggers for non-crewmate Syri, but not for crewmate Syri.

Could anyone clarify whether any of this is correct, please? :)

Attachments

• Lyanna (H) - 13Hrs 8Mins, 102 Days - Steel Wyrm, Nye.json
    737.7 KB · Views: 3

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Something to add to this:

Got a character that's full Kineticist with the Third Eye Aim perk. Meaning INT and WIL pretty much maxed out, laughable Phys/Aim and middling REF. Before recruiting Syri, I bested her on games pretty consistently. After recruiting, still haven't won one.

Hypotheses:

1. Good RNG before, not so good now.
2. Streamer Syri is a sweaty tryhard (i.e. the checks are harder)
3. Third Eye Aim triggers for non-crewmate Syri, but not for crewmate Syri.

Could anyone clarify whether any of this is correct, please? :)
I looked at the "Third Eye Aim" perk and that doesn't seem to affect aim at all. It only ever factors in to combat calculations (like whenever a ranged/melee attack damage is computed), so it should have no bearing on the stats in any way, at least from what I can see.

The issue was inconsistent scoring system. The non-crew Syri arcade game was using the combat calculation of rangedCombatMiss() to determine the win (out of 15 or 30 shots, 1 miss would be a loss--the perk might have influenced this, but I didn't look too far into it). Whereas the crew Syri was scoring using the aim quotient (or the "per" column in the Combat Stats) for her shooter game (physique quotient for her fighting game)--and her aim is set at 100% (aimRaw at 15, but that value doesn't matter much) for the shooter (physique quotient at 87% for the fighter).

So the reason why your character kept getting dunked on is because the quotient was too low for either game. If you get your character's aim/physique up to at least 50%, your character may start having a chance to win (the higher the better, of course). Syri is just too good. She is challenging you to git gud, scrub.

I discussed the scoring inconsistency with Fenoxo and it was agreed to choose one so it is less confusing for the player. He decided to go with the stat comparisons, since that won't be influenced by unrelated things, like what equipment the character is currently wearing. So in your case, your character will lose all the time until you get those stat numbers up. Some adjustments may be made to the scoring system for some variance, but overall, this is how the scoring will be.

Reactions: LucianCanad
Status
Not open for further replies.