CPFW - 0.93_beta - now with Sexual Wrestling (need feedback - stuck in sharpshooter)

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
logo_cpfw_1200.png

Well, I usually try to post something every few days, but with Christmas and New Year it got a little bit difficult. However, lots of new things I'm trying out with this new update, so I could use some good feedback.

Version 0.93_beta

Main Story: Introduction of Act 1 is finished (You can read it), and around 50% of it is done now. I like this update since it introduces some concepts about the world of the game.

The Altagrande is being built: You will need new clothes to get there (fortunately you can 'buy' some at your room now). I let you explore it, though most content will be unlocked as you climb the ranks of the Society (Spoiler: You get promoted one rank at the end of Act 1, which unlocks a lot of stuff).

It is far from being complete, but I would like you to test the event at the Altagrande with Andre. Tell me how you feel about content being unlocked this way.

The Arena has moved to the Altagrande and you will also find the Sexual Wrestling Federation (Beta): Building a new engine is really hard, so I would like some feedback about it. I mainly created this to provide some direct sexual action which some people like, so I don't plan on making this a 'balanced' engine like the main fight engine (which I decided will not be directly sexualized).

Right now it's pretty much filled with placeholders, so I'll see what people are saying before working on it too much.

Improved UI: More icons and I added shadows to the text to make it smoother.

Save compatibility: As we get closer to a real release build I will start to implement features to make saves compatible for future versions. I can't promise this will be the case before the real release version, but I'm at a point where I have implemented the mechanics for it.

I know it looks like I'm working slowly, but trust me for every sentence you read there is easily 10 times that work checking triggers, spelling, arrays, etc.

Anyway hope you find some stuff you like.

TODO LIST:

- Finish Act 1.

- Polish the Wrestling Engine and create a few opponents.
- Build the Altagrande content once this is done and think about Act 2. 

---

Hi, my name is Logan Scodini. I create role-playing games in Twine. A few months ago, I released The Altagrande Chronicles and Collared Prey Hunting Club (the posts got lost with the old forum, I guess). While it was a nice experience, I was not satisfied with either of these games (TAC is a story with no gameplay, CPHC's story was poor and the gameplay was almost all related to RNG).

Now, I'm creating a new game, which will combine the universe of TAC with decent gameplay. Thus, I'm currently looking for feedback about the combat engine and the interface (especially on mobile devices), as I'm busy creating content for the assignments.

The first scenario of the game (Red Riding Hood) should contain F/M, F/F, M/M and BDSM content.

You can also follow the development of the game on my blog: loganscodini.blogspot.com

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
If possible, can you mentioning what type of relations and fetishes are in the game?

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm quite curious as well

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Very nice! I like it, and I look forward to further developments.

I wasn't able to test on mobile because I only have an old dumb-phone, but it ran fine on my PC until I had played for 30~ minutes, then there was notable slow-down. The writing is fine, intro is just about the right length, and I see great promise in the combat system: the mechanics for weapons, armor, bondage, and positional stuff lend a fresh feel to what usually amounts to straight-up slugfests in these kinds of games. It's obviously a work in progress so I won't criticize it too much, but I will say it would be nice to see more detailed attacks over the generic "they wrestle you" text, and more attacks from your opponents would spice things up.

~Typos, bugs, and unnecessary nitpicking

- When choosing hair for a female character, one of the options is "blond". "Blonde" is preferred for women.

- Strings have no quotation marks when your opponent speaks during combat.
- The Jester Girl drinking her energy drink says "The jester managed to drink his potion."
- The Jester Girl can throw her grenade onto you even while stunned.
- When the Cowgirl removes your underwear, the game repetitively informs you that your underwear has been taken off every turn.
- Shaolin monks don't wear a kimono. You're probably thinking of the uttarasanga or kashaya robe.
- In the bathroom, "on closer look" is awkward and should ideally be changed to something like "on closer inspection", or "after a closer look", or "looking more closely". As well, you may want to rewrite the sentence "You find yourself in an impressive bathroom whose floor is made of green stone." It's one of those things that isn't actually wrong but will rub a lot of people in the wrong way when they see it, like split infinitives or lend vs loan. The same non-error appears in the intro, when the PC arrives in the garden.

~Balance (Note: This section contains spoilers, so don't read it if you haven't played the game yet!)

- Battles were tested with the Anger feat. I feel like it was most effective in sustaining me against the Jock and the Jester Girl.

- Jock is in a decent place, but a bit on the weak side. Went 4/1 against him. Pretty straight-forward fight, so there's not much the player can do to mess up, and even if you do mess up and get stunned, it isn't punishing enough to throw the match for you.

- Security Guard is weak. I won all three matches against him without any trouble. He has no special mechanics so there's lots of room for error against him, and he has the same Disarm/Stun issue as the Cowgirl.

- I think the Jester Girl is in a great place, challenge-wise. I won 3 out of 5 matches against her, and each of them was only just barely. The only things I have to say about her are that she has no special moves when you're in a vulnerable position(?), and that her gas grenade is perhaps TOO sticky; I succeeded in removing it only twice out of sixteen attempts!

- The Cowgirl is rather weak. I won 5 out of 6 matches against her. She can do some good damage if she manages to tie you up, but she's not at all threatening without her lasso. It takes about two or three bondage sessions for her to defeat me, so if she's going to be a one-trick pony, consider upping her damage slightly. I also believe Disarm should have a lower success rate than Stun because the only difference is that Stun stops her for one turn and Disarm will render her an ineffectual fighter until she picks her lasso back up, making the latter a much better option. This is especially troublesome if you select the trait that improves the success rate of Disarm.

- Monk is quite potent. I won only 2 out of 5 matches against him. He sometimes goes into a stunlock combo that will incapacitate the player for extended periods of time and deal heavy damage.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I appreciate that at least we're given the chance to resist and aren't automatically dommed by everybody in sight.

That'll probably change in the future, but for now I think it's a pertty good start.

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
Really liked this game! Here's some stuff I noticed/thought of: 

• Owen doesn't really get the same level of descrip, as the maid girl. I wanted to be attracted to him, but there wasn't enough there for me to envision.
  • Would be nice if there was a way to stat train as well as spar. Like weight lifting (for strength/attack power), jogging (for endurance), meditating (for willpower), etc. Doesn't have to be super effective but it gives the gym another use and it could help if you feel like you're really lacking in an area.
  • I'm assuming sparring will help you level up at some point so maybe list xp gained after a fight. Also a bar showing how close you are to the next level would be nice.
  • Maybe let the player choose between a couple basic starter items (low defense jacket/helmet, low attack whip/or something that can stun) that way players don't feel completely naked against characters the have both special moves, weapons, and consumables.
  • Place to get energy drinks/weapons/armor (sorry if this is being worked on)
  • Move to get enemies on their knees
  • Fail rates for enemies (tries to trip you but fails)

That's all I can think of atm. I'll probably replay it later and come back with any comments I forgot.

EDIT - Already thought of one:

• Chance to try and dodge an attack if you see it's coming or at least take a defensive stance to minimize damage.
  • Starting stun rate seems too low to be worth it. Don't know if that's intended (also haven't tried any feats that would increase it) , but right now it kind of sucks when against opponents with a 100% chance of success, especially against the martial arts guy.

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have good news: I managed to get a lot of good work done. First of all, the bathroom is pretty much finished, and character personalization is finally where I want it to be. You can choose your hairstyle, wear some lipstick or grow breasts as a man. *Pats himself in the back.*

I also got lots of feedback from the community, and I decided to add a new variable to combat: Stability. Basically, it acts as a buffer to prevent the possible stack of secondary effects (AKA Stun-Locks, which everyone hates and me included). This way, special move will hurt your stability, which will then lead to secondary effects (stuns, on knees, bound) only if you fail a diceroll on your remaining stability.

Other stuff done too...

You can check the full update with some pictures of the work on my blog:
http://loganscodini.blogspot.com/

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
Lots of changes going on. I will probably post an updated version of the game with the updated combat system (+ a scene with Claudia before she leaves to play as the Red Riding Hood), but the big update will happen once I finish Act 1.

You can find the details about development on my blog: http://loganscodini.blogspot.com

Oh yeah, first promo poster finished:

cpfw_01_promo_claudia.png

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
The fights are quite boring at the moment. You just hit the enemy and when you get a really obvious hint when to use e.g. Stun. Oh and since the counter actions only have a chance to work, you have a pretty good chance of losing a fight as the follow up attacks tend to pretty much overwhelm you without any chance of fighting back (best example is Lasso girl).

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
This error appears when I'm in the bathroom:

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'contains' of undefined

Also shows up 3 times when I go to change clothes

EDIT: it seems this prevents me from putting on the formal clothes

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
Did you load from a savegame (undefined being the clothes property, which was not there in the last version)?

Right now saves are not compatible, since elements are being added to the game which changes the javascript structure (notably RP points gained at the beginning).

However, as I noted it shouldn't be the case anymore since I added a version updater in this new one. So, future savegames should be fine.

Legion

Aug 27, 2015
I feel like I am missing something. People are talking about a Cow girl and the Jester girl and stuff but how do you even find them? I think I've been to every place I can go but I don't see any mention of them?

I know I am probably just being really dense but I'd apperciate advice anyway.

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
I feel like I am missing something. People are talking about a Cow girl and the Jester girl and stuff but how do you even find them? I think I've been to every place I can go but I don't see any mention of them?

I know I am probably just being really dense but I'd apperciate advice anyway.

Previous versions had placeholders enemies in the Arena, which I used to get feedback on the game mechanics. I removed them because (1) I am now creating 'real' opponents, some of them you will find elsewhere in the Hotel or the game storyline, and (2) some people were getting confused about them being part of the game.

The 'cowgirl' was the most popular, I suspect because she had an attack that could make you lose your pants and them she would spank you. I have now backed away from using the main fight engine for forced sex (philosophical reasons), which is why I created the sex wrestling engine. This way people will be able to enjoy their character being forcibly penetrated by the giant cock of their opponent.

Legion

Aug 27, 2015
Previous versions had placeholders enemies in the Arena, which I used to get feedback on the game mechanics. I removed them because (1) I am now creating 'real' opponents, some of them you will find elsewhere in the Hotel or the game storyline, and (2) some people were getting confused about them being part of the game.

The 'cowgirl' was the most popular, I suspect because she had an attack that could make you lose your pants and them she would spank you. I have now backed away from using the main fight engine for forced sex (philosophical reasons), which is why I created the sex wrestling engine. This way people will be able to enjoy their character being forcibly penetrated by the giant cock of their opponent.

Oh okay fair enough. Would there be any where to play the older versions? I know they are now obsolete but I am still curious.

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
Did you load from a savegame (undefined being the clothes property, which was not there in the last version)?

Right now saves are not compatible, since elements are being added to the game which changes the javascript structure (notably RP points gained at the beginning).

However, as I noted it shouldn't be the case anymore since I added a version updater in this new one. So, future savegames should be fine.

Oops, yeah that's probably what the problem was. I'll restart this time.

EDIT- Since I'm going through the intro scenes again I wanted to bring up Owen again.

I really think he needs some more description because his intro scene doesn't have even close to the amount as Claudia's.

Also, maybe it's just my opinion, but I don't generally think of navy being complementary to dark skin? Like usually bright or pastel colors are used to complement darker skin tones. Unless he's mixed so his skin isn't too dark compared to his shirt.

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
love the sexual wrestling federation place you should keep it and add more to it love the game by the way keep up the good work

logan.scodini

Dec 3, 2015
Also, maybe it's just my opinion, but I don't generally think of navy being complementary to dark skin? Like usually bright or pastel colors are used to complement darker skin tones. Unless he's mixed so his skin isn't too dark compared to his shirt.

Act 1 doesn't dwelve much into the characters' past. It is mostly used to introduce the game world and for me to test game development.

I intend to explore the universe of the novel through individual stories at the Altagrande; you will be able to unlock scenes with other characters that don't necessarily involve you. It's kinda hard for me to tell more without spoilers, though, so here is a concept artwork of Owen instead.

cpfw_act1_promo_owen2.jpg