Corruption Kiyoko?

Zawarado

Aug 29, 2020
Hey y'all, so I've seen theObserver mention several times that Kiyoko is meant to be/represent Yamota Nadeshiko(the epitome of pure, feminine beauty) and so I became really curious about what he's planning for her corruption, since it seems pretty anti to that concept, at least from my point of view

To be clear, I know there is presently no corruption options for any companions and that stuff is far in the future, I'm just curious<3

Exrav

Apr 17, 2020
Hey y'all, so I've seen theObserver mention several times that Kiyoko is meant to be/represent Yamota Nadeshiko(the epitome of pure, feminine beauty) and so I became really curious about what he's planning for her corruption, since it seems pretty anti to that concept, at least from my point of view

To be clear, I know there is presently no corruption options for any companions and that stuff is far in the future, I'm just curious<3
How dare you.

Zawarado

Aug 29, 2020
yes how dare you suggest corrupting a soulless parasitic monster

what sort of fiend would even think of such a thing
So actually thinking on it more, since Kiyoko doesn't have a soul because she's a Kitsune, doesn't that mean she's immune to Corruption?

Zawarado

Aug 29, 2020
No, Corruption is more of a mental thing (specifically, a personality trait) than anything soul-based.
After I posted my comment I went and looked at the Kitsune codex entry, and they actually are very resistant to the effects of Corruption. So I dunno if Kiyoko actually will get corruption content. I'm pretty dang sure Corruption has been always revolved around your soul though, since that's what we lose when we succumb to Corruption fully.

TheShepard256

After I posted my comment I went and looked at the Kitsune codex entry, and they actually are very resistant to the effects of Corruption. So I dunno if Kiyoko actually will get corruption content. I'm pretty dang sure Corruption has been always revolved around your soul though, since that's what we lose when we succumb to Corruption fully.
'Very resistant' does not mean 'immune', and even if the Champion sells their soul to Keros they can still gain Corruption. Also, not all Corruption gains happen from sex with corrupted/demonic individuals; actions taken by the Champion that would in other games be tied to a morality meter can have a significant effect on their Corruption levels, both positive and negative. So, souls aren't a necessary part of Corruption, and there's still the possibility of Kiyoko corruption content if Tobs wishes to write it.

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
Kiyoko I think is the true Neutral companion. You can't really push her down any path but I feel like she will not care if you are pure good or a Kasyrra copy cat, she will help you either way so long as the kitsune doesn't get fucked over. She probably wouldn't care if you decide to invade the old country, and she might even not give a shit if you enslave the colony so long as your kids are ok.

(INB4 tobs says I'm wrong)

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
will there be any special interactions with kas if you give your soul up to whats his name. i forget have not played that art in some time.

Aury

Dec 22, 2019
will there be any special interactions with kas if you give your soul up to whats his name. i forget have not played that art in some time.
Seeing as you get a conveniently-accurate decoy thrown in as a replacement, I don't think so outside of bad ends.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Are they already technically Demons because they have no Soul?

But, at the same time, they share a Communal Soul... so it prevents Demonization. And allows them to birth children with full emotional and mental faculties... instead of the creature of pure ID the Imps are.

Theoretically, I think if you could some how metaphysically cut off a Kitsune from the Communal Soul, they would go Demon.

But boy of boy would there be a really pissed off God.

Zawarado

Aug 29, 2020
But, at the same time, they share a Communal Soul... so it prevents Demonization. And allows them to birth children with full emotional and mental faculties... instead of the creature of pure ID the Imps are.

Theoretically, I think if you could some how metaphysically cut off a Kitsune from the Communal Soul, they would go Demon.

But boy of boy would there be a really pissed off God.
Hm..so the only real advantage Kitsune have against Corruption over other races by a racial standpoint is their practical immunity to Demonization? That's pretty damn powerful, are there any drawbacks to being a Kitsune? Even the vitality essence you need to indulge in can turn into a boon, with Kiyoko being able to use other's own essence to hurt them. Seems like Keros has an entire race custom fit for the job of taking on demons. Gives me a slight Gray Warden vibe from Dragon Age

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
That's pretty damn powerful, are there any drawbacks to being a Kitsune? Even the vitality essence you need to indulge in can turn into a boon, with Kiyoko being able to use other's own essence to hurt them.
The fact that a kitsune needs that essence on a regular basis is a pretty big drawback. Consequently they're perceived as (and in a sense are) something like vampires. The entire structure of kitsune society and etiquette is built around keeping their impulses to feed in check and reassuring the vast majority of the population who are not kitsune that their overlords aren't going to mass-drain everyone to death. If you look at some of Kinu's vignettes you can see that the colony in the Frost Marches is acutely aware that they're thought of as monsters and even with the Champion the work of integrating the two cultures is going to be a multi-generation undertaking.

So yeah, their need to feed on life energy is itself a drawback and the consequences of that need layer on another drawback.

Zawarado

Aug 29, 2020
The fact that a kitsune needs that essence on a regular basis is a pretty big drawback. Consequently they're perceived as (and in a sense are) something like vampires. The entire structure of kitsune society and etiquette is built around keeping their impulses to feed in check and reassuring the vast majority of the population who are not kitsune that their overlords aren't going to mass-drain everyone to death. If you look at some of Kinu's vignettes you can see that the colony in the Frost Marches is acutely aware that they're thought of as monsters and even with the Champion the work of integrating the two cultures is going to be a multi-generation undertaking.

So yeah, their need to feed on life energy is itself a drawback and the consequences of that need layer on another drawback.
Very informative, thank you! With all that information, It sounds to me that the Kitsune as a race are perfect for fighting demons with actually no drawbacks that other races would face.

In fact, not that I think Kitsune culture would allow this, but taking demons back as POWs(Prisoners of War)and making them sex slaves, or I guess buffets, for Kitsune would be great wouldn't it? All the life essence they want without having to feed off any citizens under them, the demons SURELY wanna have sex, but no corruption fuckery that would ruin this otherwise

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
yer but kitsunes dont die from being alive for a few years then fuck off to die in a cave.
I laughed at this way more than i should've.

Very informative, thank you! With all that information, It sounds to me that the Kitsune as a race are perfect for fighting demons with actually no drawbacks that other races would face.

In fact, not that I think Kitsune culture would allow this, but taking demons back as POWs(Prisoners of War)and making them sex slaves, or I guess buffets, for Kitsune would be great wouldn't it? All the life essence they want without having to feed off any citizens under them, the demons SURELY wanna have sex, but no corruption fuckery that would ruin this otherwise

Never thought of it that way, i wonder what the creator of the kitsune thinks of all of this.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
yer but kitsunes dont die from being alive for a few years then fuck off to die in a cave.
No, they apparently die twice.

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
In the words of The Drowned God, also known as He Who Dwells Beneath the Waves "What is dead may never die" which fits perfectly, since Keros himself says that all kitsunes are dead inside!

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Eh, they're not so bad after a while.