Corporation Logos and the Codex

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Recently, I've got around to checking out the wiki entries on various TiTS' Organizations and found out that most of them (most of the corporations at least) have incredible logos, courtesy of Jacques00.

Now my main question is - why did the devs choose not to put a re-sized versions of them into the appropriate in-game Codex entries?

And since I know how this forum works: anyone else can talk about their favorite in-game organization without a logo and swap some random tangentially related ideas.

Reactions: CloudStriker

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
And since I know how this forum works: anyone else can talk about their favorite in-game organization without a logo and swap some random tangentially related ideas.

You know us so well! :p

Anyway, I'm guessing they haven't been added to the codex because the devs forgot to, or might not even remember the logos exist. You'd have to wait till one pops by to give us the lowdown, but that's my take on why they aren't in yet.

VirusWar

Apr 25, 2016
I just think that they are focusing to get stuff implemented in the game, all the story and functionality. They will probably polish the game and add all those bits and bobs after they're done with the main thing...

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Gotta say that I do dig the ltitle things like that. It helps sell the game as a world just a tiny bit more.

CloudStriker

Nov 10, 2016
Germany
Unrelated question: Does anyone have a high-res picture of the Steele Tech logo with transparent background? I wanted to integrate it into the signature picture I'm working on, but I can't just cut it out from the loading sequence since the background leaves ugly borders along the logo.

K

Krynh

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, added logo art in the pull request (#1006).

There are some missing codex entries and entries that need more/better info though. Not sure if there is a lore-building team on that--if not, there should be! I should also probably make more logos and emblems at some point... eventually...

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
This explains it rather well.
Then the answer is obvious, since 'Sakamoto tier' is an order of magnitude cooler than that.

Back to the topic:
Aside from the corporations, plenty of potential awesome and imaginative things can be done with the imagery of TiTS' various religions and cults. A formal sigil of the Stormguard must look like the most metal thing this ever. The possible visual representation of oddball concepts like Zyi (aka the Giant Caterpillar Moiras in Spess) or Infinite Aspect can be fun to speculate about. Even the Church of One can probably have more to its name than a plain circle.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That doesn't explain anything. Sasuga is just a grammar point with a closest English equivalent of "Of course it'd be [that/him/etc]!"

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
"As expected of [name]" is a somewhat more naturalistic translation, though still a bit stiff. "Dammit, [name]" can also work depending on context.

Reactions: Ormael