Control Rod Critical Chance

AcapABC

Oct 22, 2021
Hello. Can someone kindly explain to me why Control Rod (when equipped) increase spellpower and spell penetration but not accuracy and critical chance when viewed in the character's tab. The weapon's info clearly showed that it increase all 4 stats (while also decreasing evasion). I didn't want to post this under bug reports because it maybe just me who lacks understanding of the game's mechanics. Below is the screenshot comparing stats (equip vs unequip). The game version is 0.4.37.

Attachments

• Control Rod Equip.png
    Control Rod Equip.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • Control Rod Unequip.png
    Control Rod Unequip.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • Crit chance with control rod.png
    Crit chance with control rod.png
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • Crit chance without control rod.png
    Crit chance without control rod.png
    1 MB · Views: 125

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Hello. Can someone kindly explain to me why Control Rod (when equipped) increase spellpower and spell penetration but not accuracy and critical chance when viewed in the character's tab. The weapon's info clearly showed that it increase all 4 stats (while also decreasing evasion). I didn't want to post this under bug reports because it maybe just me who lacks understanding of the game's mechanics. Below is the screenshot comparing stats (equip vs unequip). The game version is 0.4.37.
I've answered this before

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Incidentally, the wiki is wrong about the Control Rod's stats -- it consistently describes it as not granting Accuracy. I wonder if the Rod was changed after the wiki entry.

I'd imagine everyone will have their hands full after the combat overhaul so small stuff like this will likely wait until that hammer hits.
Thank you for contributing to the sum total of wiki knowledge.

Though also holy shit the Control Rod is overscaled compared to other catalysts.

Reactions: AcapABC

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Pretty sure it's why no catalyst scales like it does, especially since it's locked behind kitsune content.