[Complete] Nilin, Nightmarish Tentacle Monsters (Uveto VII)

Frogapus

Champion Cocksucker
Creator
Feb 21, 2016
Hi everyone! Frogapus here with a terrible, terrible monster that should not have been conceived:

Meet the nilin--they're a monster encounter for Uveto VII. They're not sexy babes or beefcakes striking poses in the snow. Rather, they are ambulatory masses of tentacles that wander the drifts in the spookiest manner possible, looking for heat and energy sources to drain. If they encounter the PC, they will attempt to engulf the PC in tentacles and wrap them up tight from head to toe to feast on their heat. In the process, they'll push their tentacles up into the player's various nooks and crannies to better absorb heat.

They're not particularly sentient, and they're WAY alien--so bonus for those of you craving some truly alien critters. They don't speak--they just repeat sounds that they hear. No bodies, just heads with a forest of tentacles stuck to them. Oh, and their heads are terrifying noh masks.

Oh, and the masks can fuse to your face if you harvest them and try to wear them. 

Enjoy! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BA6pKGa46n6tPeBl2YsMUzgFiPvykOz-jaoymJ4hlHw/edit?usp=sharing

Fetishes covered: Full-body restraint, tentacles, immobilization, Lovecraftian Nightmares?

Fun bonus references: "Who Goes There?" by J. Scott Campbell, John Carpenter's The Thing, Japanese legends of Yuki-onna.

noh-mask-effect.gif plus this http://imgur.com/gallery/okBj8ms

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I honestly completely forgot about this idea. It´s a little bit late for halloween though :p  

Judge Worm

Sep 11, 2016
Hello whyboner, my old friend.

This is definitely a welcome sight. I'd been wanting some full-body restraint stuff as well as something really alien, and that last sentence in the codex entry put a bit of a smile on my face. My only issue is putting on the mask with high enough reflexes. Would we still be able to get the Nilin face somehow, or would we be locked out of that?

Frogapus

Champion Cocksucker
Creator
Feb 21, 2016
Would we still be able to get the Nilin face somehow, or would we be locked out of that?

Oooh! Good point! I've added a little at the end for some voluntary mask-donning. Thank you! ^_^

Oh, also, if people have suggestions for more, disturbing masks, feel free to drop them here. I went for some traditional Japanese Noh and kabuki masks, but otherwise, I'm just throwing in things that would look creepy as hell on a tentacle monster.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Hell yeah, tentacles and Uveto content.

As for more creepy masks, give em one of those weird ancient Irish turnip jack-o-lanterns.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Can you add a kitsune mask variant (with maybe variable alterations for it being described as weird instaid of creepy)  Also, some weakness for Techs to make use of.  Maybe our disruptor series could 1HKO it. 

Also, this scares the feces out of me. 

Frogapus

Champion Cocksucker
Creator
Feb 21, 2016

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I thought, they meant the "Sssssssssmokin'!" to replace any dialog the PC might have.

That sounds even better.

Getting a bunch of heartfelt dialogue from something like one of Embry's scenes only for the PC to respond with:  

"Sssssssmokin'!"

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
What do you mean? 

*looks through the gdoc again*

Oh GOD! Not even just specific damage types but energy weapons in general! :staredog:  

Yep. Monster, immune to all tech stuff.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well making it reply with "Sssssssssmokin'!" for any possible PC words will not be hard I feel. It's not like you plan to add box for player to type actualy some words. It would be already preset what may PC tell to them so that would limit possibilities and only thing may be to make it reply longer or shorter to be jsut as long as word(s) said by PC.

For silly mode...well PC and monster talking only using "Sssssssssmokin'!" ? WOuld then look like two pokemons talking so truly fitting for silly mode it would be.

On techs...yeah i feel pain of techs already to try meet this enemy :/

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Why poor techs suffer again?

Because anyone dumb enough to not have a spair non-energy weapon deserves to.

I mean, yes, 'No Sell' type of absolute immunities always tends to frustrate the players, and I really thought that we will have a mob with ungodly kinetic resistances before we will have someone immune to energy weapons. But my initial point still stands.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015

I mean, yes, 'No Sell' type of absolute immunities always tends to frustrate the players, and I really thought that we will have a mob with ungodly kinetic resistances before we will have someone immune to energy weapons. But my initial point still stands.

I can understand it being resistant/immune to burning and electrical damage. But energy weapons in general? Come on!

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Well, Gravidic Disruptor should count as one, since it is irresistible. Though it eats an ungodly amount of energy... And is optional in the perk tree...

No, this is still an utter bullshit.

Want to make it feed on the energy weapons? Fine. Make it act sorta as a lust weapon for them, forcing them to submit due to overstuffing.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Well, Gravidic Disruptor should count as one, since it is irresistible. Though it eats an ungodly amount of energy... And is optional in the perk tree...

Or they can get a Secure MP and have a damage output on par with energy weapons due to bonus accuracy for multishot perks.

Want to make it feed on the energy weapons? Fine. Make it act sorta as a lust weapon for them, forcing them to submit due to overstuffing.

That's a decent idea, though toit would be logical for such creature to have a way to get rid of excess energy that PC will have to overpower. Giving it such move will also help with balancing the encounter around a non-HP meter that will most likely be smaller.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Or they can get a Secure MP and have a damage output on par with energy weapons due to bonus accuracy for multishot perks.

SMP is heavily outclassed by Uvetian energy weapons. Basically, SMP bonus grants ≈38% damage output. And it, again, is an optional perk. What about melee techs? My currently favorite tech build - melee energy weapon and a slut ray gun. It lacks active skills, but effectively gives three damage types (from melee - kinetic and either burning or electrical, from ranged - lust). This is jack-of-all-trades combo, able to deal, more or less efficiently, with any enemy. So, I have to carry another kinetic damage source despite already having one?

That's a decent idea, though toit would be logical for such creature to have a way to get rid of excess energy that PC will have to overpower. Giving it such move will also help with balancing the encounter around a non-HP meter that will most likely be smaller.

Yes, it should, but it should also have a limit to its ability to absorb. It's not an elemental, after all, it's a living creature. So it shouldn't be difficult to feed it until it becomes sick, or just burn it with overwhelming energy amount.

Oh, also, I want to have a living armor made of this creature's flesh. Or a gene mod for its skin. There is no reason for energy weapons to exist in a world where it is possible to have 100% immunity to them.