Companions, Alraune, and Stats.

AnonBacon

May 19, 2016
Sorry if I am making a big deal out of nothing. I've been trying to beat Alraune for a while, and was having a lot of difficulty. I couldn't really find info on anything that restores willpower, and it had me scratching my head on some way to win. After going through both combat and teasing, I finally gave in and brought Berwyn along and the fight went smoothly.

Now, the problem I have is that... I don't bring the two male companions along at all, since I am mainly a lesbian/Futa type of gal. So, I didn't see much need to bring them with me if I wouldn't enjoy their scenes at all. (Not to mention Berwyn makes me uncomfortable due to how I am a trans-woman but that is an entire topic that gets heated very quickly.)

So I'm wondering if I just messed up somewhere along the line? Are there consumables I missed? (Do note I am playing a warrior.) Am I over-exaggerating the effects party members have on scenes at all?

Again, I'm sorry if I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I would've preferred to have been able to beat the fight w/o having to 'gloss over' other peoples well written characters in order to gain a mechanical edge.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Ummm, you don't have to have sex with your companions in order to have them fight together with you. Especially with Brint, for example.

Anyway, it's possible that you have a suboptimal Warrior build for your circumstances. Have you tried changing your set of Powers and/or using ranged weapons? You can train additional Powers at the various vendors in town - your class determines the initial set and how they progress on leveling up, but you can also learn other classes powers for money. You can also reset and re-allocate the attribute points that you are given on leveling up at Ivris's shop.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You definitely want to have a full party with you for the Alraune. Cait is especially helpful since she deals Holy and Fire damage, which the Alraune is vulnerable to. As said above, though, you don't need to have sex with any of the companions to bring them along, so you won't be forced into any scenes with them.

Charmers have some ways to restore a little Resolve, but generally you're expected to go through fights on one bar (or less).

You'll also probably want to be level 3 at least for the Alraune. If you're still having problems as a full stack at level 3, you *can* overlevel up to 4 (the current cap). The new powers unlocked at level 4 can potentially one-shot the Alraune if you get lucky; it's a pretty massive spike in the party's power level.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Warriors are generally best suited to power attacks, group strikes, and tanking. Generally I never go without Cait in my group, but the third member can vary wildly based on my mood. Etheryn would probably round your group out nicely, but she's locked behind the Alarune, so you're pretty much stuck with dragging along Brint or Berwyn until you can spring her.

And in my experience, it's a lot harder to play as some of the other classes than it is to run a straight fighter. My character's a Charmer, and it can be tricky to balance how I approach a battle.

Also, I tend to set the battle mode to full manual. The extra tactical control can make a difference in a tight situation.

DrMostlySane

Sep 24, 2017
Generally against the Alarune I try to spam her down with tease and resolve attacks after getting rid of the immediate threats in the fight - I find my luck tends to get particularly bad trying to fight her in direct combat given the incredible amount of healing she does.