Companion Vivian

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020
Will Viviane actually be made a companion?

I am aware that due date for the developers to submit their companion documents has ended.
Since then we have had Agnimitra fully codded into the game.

There has not been any news regarding Viviane though so I was wondering if her becoming s companion was still the plan.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Yes Viv is going to be a companion (been confirmed several times) but fuck knows when she will be added to the game.. mino town seems to be a huge thing at the moment.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020
Yes Viv is going to be a companion (been confirmed several times) but fuck knows when she will be added to the game.. mino town seems to be a huge thing at the moment.
I guess so. I just assumed that since agnimitra was added almost as soon as her document was uploaded that Viviane wouldn't be far behind.
If the concern was making sure that all companions were in the game so that future content could take them into consideration I figured sooner would be preferable to later.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I guess so. I just assumed that since agnimitra was added almost as soon as her document was uploaded that Viviane wouldn't be far behind.
If the concern was making sure that all companions were in the game so that future content could take them into consideration I figured sooner would be preferable to later.
Don't get me wrong I have no bloody clue as I'm only a player but from the talks on Discord I think the deadline was for them to have finished and submitted their companion but not necessarily in game..

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Viv is extremely hot but for some reason her making the jump from shopkeeper to companion just doesn't sit right with me.
<looks at Anno in TiTS going from 'Syri's nerdier sister/shopkeeper' to 'Crewmember way before Syri'>

Cool story bro. :p

Viv also has 'wandering witch with arcane knowledge' in her bag of tricks so calling her just a shopkeeper is selling her short in terms of existing character and potential. As Alypia has jokingly noted, she's got hoodoo, she's got voodoo, she's got things she ain't even tried!

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
Might sound odd but I’m actually glad we’re getting a regular human as a companion, as much as I enjoy all the monsters, elves and orcs it’s kinda refreshing to have a plain old human.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
So basically a replacement for Berwyn after being abandoned by their authors? Fine by me, don't care for traps.

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020
Have you not seen what B has been working on for the past year to give Berwyn more content?!
I'm still waiting for Berwyn to get a new set in order to finally be useful in combat. I basically never take him along because of that. (nor Quin or Atugia for the same reason).

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Unless something wildly weird happens, yes, Viv Comp is a thing that is happening, and probably fairly soon -- but not immediately.
Will she maintain her vendor and training capabilities while being a companion? It would be pretty neat to be able to buy and sell things to her while at a camp. Haha.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Will she maintain her vendor and training capabilities while being a companion? It would be pretty neat to be able to buy and sell things to her while at a camp. Haha.
She'll retain her merchant and trainer faculties when she's in her home (which will still be accessible), but not when she's on the road with you.

Reactions: Kesil and IraMorti

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
We already got some sneak peeks of the new Berwyn/Wynne artwork from DCLzexon if you have them followed on twitter. Man I can't wait!

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
You mean when he pars her house outside of the wayfort without paying for parking?

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
Kinda makes you wish you could say the same for Eryka, Lusina, Shar, and Hinata, in the sense of seeing more done with them.