Companion Relationships Progress

waltermittie

Feb 18, 2022
Hi! I've never posted in the forums before so I hope I'm doing things right and not making duplicate questions. I was wondering what are some of the plans for companions and deepening relationships between the MC and their companions. I know there's been a ton of new content for fem!Brint but I haven't noticed any updates to male!Brint in awhile. Also will there be plans soon for like, getting Ethryn out of her cage. I kinda wish there were more male companions. I was thinking it would be cool to be able to macho up characters? Like the way you can make certain characters in to female versions or submissive versions, it would be cool to have it go the other way as well.

A side question! Will there be more exploring on some random side characters, like the Behemoth?

I know there's been constant updates so there might be expansions that I haven't unlocked or something but I figured I'd ask. I didn't see anything on the wiki and there's just so much information in the forums, it's overwhelming.

Reactions: luciel1331

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I'm pretty sure behemoth is done, what he has is what he'll have, also yes there is plans for decaging the resident buttslut queen Ryn, pretty sure it's the penultimate outcome of demon of ice if I had any guess.

Reactions: waltermittie

waltermittie

Feb 18, 2022
I'm pretty sure behemoth is done, what he has is what he'll have, also yes there is plans for decaging the resident buttslut queen Ryn, pretty sure it's the penultimate outcome of demon of ice if I had any guess.
Both makes sense. I was curious abt the behemoth since I could have sworn his reaction to conversation changed? but I also have an abyssmal memory so maybe it didn't change and I've made it all up.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
- Cait has implicit planned content based on whether or not you build Catte Temple for her since it affects what sorts of things she can or can't do in the future. Any more specifics are unknown.

- Brint/Brienne has a lot of planned content including marriage which is supposed to be part of the long progression of KM. The reason Brienne has more now is because that's what came up first (and the Dommerina content added a bunch of Brienne-only stuff). It was the other way for a while, with Brint getting his first alternate gear set before Pyromancer Brienne was implemented.

- Ryn's uncaging is still coming but we don't know when. We've gotten some movement in that direction though, if you've done the first part of the Siege of Khor'minos quest.

- Behemoth is feature complete and incurable so the odds of him getting more content is pretty much nil. Other side characters can certainly get more content but it depends on if the original writer has plans to do more or if someone else steps up to write it.

I kinda wish there were more male companions. I was thinking it would be cool to be able to macho up characters? Like the way you can make certain characters in to female versions or submissive versions, it would be cool to have it go the other way as well.
Companion TFing is limited to specific variables the writers can account for comfortably. If it's not in the game now, odds are it's not going to be in.

Last edited:

waltermittie

Feb 18, 2022
- Cait has implicit planned content based on whether or not you build Catte Temple for her since it affects what sorts of things she can or can't do in the future. Any more specifics are unknown.

- Brint/Brienne has a lot of planned content including marriage which is supposed to be part of the long progression of KM. The reason Brienne has more now is because that's what came up first (and the Domerina content added a bunch of Brienne-only stuff). It was the other way for a while, with Brint getting his first alternate gear set before Pyromancer Brienne was implemented.

- Ryn's uncaging is still coming but we don't know when. We've gotten some movement in that direction though, if you've done the first part of the Siege of Khor'minos quest.

- Behemoth is feature complete and incurable so the odds of him getting more content is pretty much nil.
wow! thanks for all the info! I'm relatively new to the fenoxo games so I had none of this context. makes my questions seem very obvious but I appreciate the history.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
This is stuff that's come up but it's scattered around the forums so if you're new, it's understandable that you won't have stumbled upon most/any of it.

Oh yes, for other companions we have some vague hints that Chieftain!Arona might have some future content revolving around making her a better leader but no real specifics, we know Tui has planned content but a lot of it seems gated behind stuff that's on the back-burner for now, Kiyoko has future content linked to Kinu's content which is supposed to be a whole family adventure of sorts once the latter's questline is done, Quin has an expansion in the works but we don't have too many details yet and if you look at B's thread (starting on page 7) you can see a lot of stuff on the expansion that Berwyn is getting.

And to follow up on something I mentioned earlier, here's Savin talking about a few things that are currently lacking in content that he'd like to see more for (and where he mentions the future Arona stuff) along with pointing out that in theory just about anything can get more content until development finishes.

Last edited:

waltermittie

Feb 18, 2022
This is stuff that's come up but it's scattered around the forums so if you're new, it's understandable that you won't have stumbled upon most/any of it.

Oh yes, for other companions we have some vague hints that Chieftain!Arona might have some future content revolving around making her a better leader but no real specifics, we know Tui has planned content but a lot of it seems gated behind stuff that's on the back-burner for now, Kiyoko has future content linked to Kinu's content which is supposed to be a whole family adventure of sorts once the latter's questline is done, Quin has an expansion in the works but we don't have too many details yet and if you look at B's thread (starting on page 7) you can see a lot of stuff on the expansion that Berwyn is getting.
Berwyn is another one I was curious about! Thank you! I realize I'm completely out of the loop so any links to threads I should be watching etc. I'd love to have!

Helia

May 8, 2017
I really want to like Arona more than I do, having a companion with scenes and character like Zephyr would be amazing, but for whatever reason she doesn't hit that mark for me, both from a story and character development standpoint, and in regards to her erotic content and PC pregnancy.

I have trouble getting a sense of her character and beliefs, her conversation topics touch on her culture, history and family, but not much sense of what drives her and her morals. She makes an off-hand remark about how she wouldn't force herself on a slave, but other than that I don't recall getting much of picture of her standing on her societies more morally dubious qualities. She values strength and martial dedication, but it would be nice to see more of her other passions or have her start one, and not be defined by the trope of being a brute, which I don't get the sense of her being, she seems sharp, if lacking enthusiasm.

Her sub content was rather bland personally, I enjoyed her dom scenes (or at least the idea of it), especially her sleep with scenes with the champion. It feels like the dom content could be fleshed out more in general though, maybe some more consistent to proc scenes when traveling, more fleshed out erotica for the Champion pregnancies, or an addiction/submission system that unlocks progressive flavour and content adjustments? Heck, maybe a minor transformative to upsize her endowments to minotaur levels (although that is basically just wish fulfillment).
Maybe a bit more consistency and separation between the consensual domination in the bedroom and respect outside of it, or just learning to treat people better in general. Since I beat her in the initial fights and then willingly became her sub later on, the lack of acknowledgement of this whenever the dynamic is brought up is a bit weird. Someone having submissive tastes during sex doesn't really correlate to their strength, or make them "inferior".

Hopefully we can see more interesting character development in general for the companions, and ideally not tied to situational blurbs in dungeons, of which the majority will be missed since you can only bring two along.

Wasn't there supposed to be a mousey rogue at some point? The phoenix is a new surprise, and I'll have to take a look at them eventually.

Helia

May 8, 2017
I am assuming you are playing as vagina only character?
I haven't gotten around to Arona's pregnancy content. I'm assuming what you are saying is that there is a lot more emotional bonding and character building in that questline, but that leaves a weird precedent if their children are treated better merely based upon who is the mother, which seems unintentionally unpleasant if it's the case.

Erzulie

Oct 4, 2021
Mouse rogue didn't make the deadline and won't be a companion. My understanding is that no further companions can be submitted.

waltermittie

Feb 18, 2022
I haven't gotten around to Arona's pregnancy content. I'm assuming what you are saying is that there is a lot more emotional bonding and character building in that questline, but that leaves a weird precedent if their children are treated better merely based upon who is the mother, which seems unintentionally unpleasant if it's the case.
I play as a penis only character and the relationship was more emotional than what you're describing? And that was without a pregnancy. Also, I think there's still going to be new stuff added for her so maybe it'll hit the mark for you then? Sometimes, things just don't hit your vibe so who knows.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I think it's mostly an artifact of content seeming sparser for any time Champ can get pregnant, not just by Arona specifically. It's just more apparent when it comes to her, because Arona can both breed Champ and be bred by Champ. And the latter content was written second, and thus benefited from hindsight.

The other thing is that one of the scenes where Arona actually gets to be sweet on a pregnant Champion can only proc as a random event in the Foothills before finishing KervusQuest. It never received replacement content for afterward. The memes of Arona not really caring about her kids with Champ if Champ's the one who gets knocked up don't make very much sense if you remember that scene.

But yes, the missing part is still just one scene, and along with the other stuff already written (Bubbs' scene, the shoutouts I did in the nursing scene, the other stuff that Savin's put in) doesn't amount to as much as it might. The whole experience could use a lot more love.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
CoC2 23_02_2022 15_38_46.pngCoC2 23_02_2022 15_39_48.png

Yeah, it is one of those unfortunate cases where "I fuck anyone but am only willing to bottom to the champion" is taken to its most logical extreme. Not only is it presented with more fanfare with whole small quest line where Arona directly asks you, even as her sub, if you want a child by asking Hretha to lift contraceptives. She also generally acts more softly, especially if she is your dom when compared to when she knocks you up. She does not take you out into the back alley as if you are some kind of breeding stock for one. Add to that that bad/good ending where you are heralded as some kind of breeding stud, it does make vagina champion feel lesser in comparison. She also feels more forward about her feelings for you and generally seems to give you credit and praise you. Especially as her sub.

But, and this is the part that kind of softens the blow, the bearer champions do get more content out of their pregnancy with Arona by a long shot. Despite how messed up the whole "taking" you in the back ally thing is, that is still one of many scenes that account for champion pregnancy which is something that Aronas very own doesn't do (take it as you will). And that is not even accounting how rather unique sub arona "back alley" scene is. It is up to champion to decide if she can see and feel up your children while you carry them. You can straight up tell her to buzz off if you are not into the idea of Arona being considered the "father". Wonder how that would play out if it carried over in post birth scenes.

And, despite how much of a grudge I have with above scenes and some ways the Arona dialogue gets worded (I will get to both), she still has her sweet moments. Her "pregnancy sex" scene is sweet, the way she is protective of you when sleeping together is just great and of course, post birth scene is OK.

But I think where Arona kind of stumbles is how she, at least in my opinion, makes champion feel like an afterthought in some cases. When she is checking out your pregnant belly, she refers to it as a "classic orc breading", basically putting all the precedent on her and leaving champ in the dust. It is also present when first time talking about the pregnancy with her, she just seems more shocked/proud at/with herself than with the fact that it is one she is having it with the player.
Which is doubly weird since, as Alypia said, there is a scene prior to completing her quest where, if champion is pregnant, she genuinely feels happy about that it is you that is in that state. She even compares you to fertility goddes which is just great. More of that please.

But to repeat, I am also miffed with above scene and the concept of it in general. Arona already suffers from the fact that the her whole shtick is that she gained a dick and that she loves to use it on anyone. But she is only willing to bottom to the player. Which already makes the power and content dycotomy in the games context seem all that more "special" if you are topping her rather than power bottoming. And above scenes and content that follow exasperate it.

And, at the end of the day, did she really need to put down herm champions that bear her children by basically saying "that our womb is a back up plan if she never finds the one worthy of siering her bastards or if we do not do it ourselves". By proxy, at least with me, that also kind sours my perception between her and vagina only champions. Could she have not just said that "it would be hot if we both are pregnant" or anything besides what is already in the game. Why put us down in the first place?

Just my view on this whole thing, that is all.

Last edited:

Helia

May 8, 2017
Do you happen to know how to proc the "alley" scene? I've never heard of that, or seen any mention of it. The wiki also mentions a scene if you are traveling while her "resolve" is low enough, but I have no idea how to actually lower it consistently.

I recently delved into Anyxine's content in Trials, which was absolutely fantastic and super well written, and embodies a lot of aspects that I feel align with Arona's potential. There is a strong emphasis on relationship building, and the pre-established friendship and history between them makes the emotional connection feel a lot more genuine and cathartic. There is a clear boundary set between their emotional and sexual relationship, such as with Anyxine expressing excitement at Steele being her boss in the boardroom while she's in charge in the bedroom. There is a lot of moments of genuine affection and respect as a dom, and her teasing personality and insults are in jest, and never feel mean-spirited. I also personally like most of the bimbo flavour, in that it's primarily focused on passion during the sex, and the "insults" are clearly also in jest, unlike some other scenes in Trials where it feels like characters actively degrade and insult Steele in a unfair manner, and it makes connotations about intellect. The small flavourful touches like the text messages she sends are also always appreciated.

A big part of why I enjoy the sub scenes more than the dom ones for Arona is because it felt like the champion has a much more involved presence during it, and is more actively participating, described and appreciated. I have mentioned before that content is a lot more fun when the characters actively admire the pc and find them sexy, and when they get more involved and erotic descriptions instead of the often bland sounding generic parsers. Oftentimes when the pc is submissive, they feel more like the centre of attention, admiration and beauty, getting some of the love usually only reserved for the npc's. Most dom scenes would be a lot more fun if you could be acknowledged as the gorgeous muscle bound amazon you can try to be, and your stamina and fitness were utilized more actively during writing.

I've seen Arona get a fair bit of negative reception and discussion on this forum whenever companions are brought up, and to be honest I don't fully get why. A lot of the reasons and justifications people use don't actually seem to be true or present in the game from what I've experienced. My personal thoughts are that I like what she embodies, but wish that she was more fleshed out, in both her character development and erotica, which is a bit too dry sometimes. It's also a bit of a shame that you can't have multiple of her kids at once, I noticed that a lot in Champions opposed to Trials.

As I mentioned, I am definitely interested in seeing her get more content (which is of course tricky due to commissions, work-load and the general dev plan). Traveling scenes, champion pregnancy, addiction/submission, full nelson, mating press, all nighters, a larger size transformation, there is a lot of fun potential (although I am clearly biased towards the sub content).

I greatly appreciate the extra context and info given, I'm glad development seems to be going so well.

Reactions: Savin

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Do you happen to know how to proc the "alley" scene? I've never heard of that, or seen any mention of it. The wiki also mentions a scene if you are traveling while her "resolve" is low enough, but I have no idea how to actually lower it consistently.
Go anywhere that enemies regularly hit for Resolve damage (the Rift cultists, imps, horny bugs, Goblin Succubus...) and let her soak up those hits until hers gets really low (25 or below) and it will proc once the encounter ends. You can also push her below that threshold with certain random field events like running into corrupted vegetation in the Old Forest.