Companion Interaction Project

Whose scene should I finish first? Note that I will take this only as a suggestion.

• Total voters

Niteshade

Jul 4, 2016
Hello, my name is niteshade.

..yeah, im pretty bad at introductions...

so anyway, I was playing some TiTs and I try to explore the companions (or your harem) interactions. There is one scene where Ben/Bess explains how Celise have a 'fun' way to feed on the Meldmilk protein. *wink wink*

That got me thinking , why no one made scenes where they interact with each other? It's weird that they don't seem to know about each other even though they're mostly in their ship.
(a part of me said that nobody got time fo dat)

So here i am! I've finished 2 scenes so far, and many more to come. Check the doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13PNm5EHUG1pehlbFuMk2CwRQeU5mkp4kxi3_OUIT0Ok/edit?usp=drivesdk

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Hmm... Indeed character interactions are likely to be a HUGE undertaking not only just because there's a veritable amount of crew members already (and still more to come most likely), but said interactions are likely going to require some permissions from their respective writers as well. That's likely what makes something like this extremely daunting. I don't mean to discourage you if you're willing to go through with it though. If anything, unless you get permission from the writers for any individual character, I'd keep the interactions very simple between each other, like... Anno and Yammi have a fairly generic convo about Steele or Anno helps Yammi cook. I'd avoid creating new back story stuff unless it was previously explained before and if you get permissions. The Anno/Varmint interaction you wrote is a nice start to that though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Writing for Bess is supposed to be more trouble that it's worth, due to how she is coded. Something about having to write out variations of the scene for every possible characteristic.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah well if we want have interactions that meantion EVERY single bodypart of npc then yes Bess IS nightmare to work with.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I would heavily advise you not to do this until ships get their own interior spaces, otherwise you might have to redo alot of work at a later time. Or atleast be extremely careful about it. Through you could probably do in-planet interactions without much problems. It would also be much easier to just do threesomes.

I vote Bess/Ben because there aren't any other male characters on the list.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah it's best to wait till ships have been expanded, when you do do it though. I'm sorta hoping you do Ben/Bess if perhaps only because they are my favorite crew member and it makes me sad that nobody will likely ever try to match Jim's insanity and try to write more stuff for em. It's probably a bad idea that might burn you out but I'm hoping you might be crazy enough to actually pull it off.

Reactions: Night Trap

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Do NOT do Ben/Bess! They are a coding nightmare, remember when Gedan went insane? It was because of coding that damn bot.

Wait until the ship expansion comes around.... and remove them from the poll or something. You're asking for Gedan to hate you by wanting to involve them in the project.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Do NOT do Ben/Bess! They are a coding nightmare, remember when Gedan went insane? It was because of coding that damn bot.
I second this. It would be altogether better if you officially remove bess from consideration, nothing good will come from adding to her content.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
You need to be a trusted, experienced writer to create scenes for other people's characters, particularly if you're blithely spinning out more backstory for them. And, if I am to be blunt, you are not a good writer. I would under no circumstances want somebody doing stuff for NPCs I've created who cannot sort out their past and present tense.

Which isn't to say the essential premise isn't a good one. But you can't do this until you go away and improve your standard of English.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn