Codex Entries

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I saw awhile ago that someone had codex entries for Kitsune and Harpies. While these are races that we can currently interact with, I've yet to unlock their codex entries. Do they not exist? Or are they bugged?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I've been able to unlock both and they're in the pub builds (Been, even). Are you sure it's not something with your game?

TheShepard256

There exists the possibility that they're currently only unlocked upon initial encounters with certain members of those races, so if you've already completed those initial encounters before the entries were implemented, that might not be reflected when you load those older save files into the newer versions. I don't have access to the source code to check if this is the case, so it's just a guess and I could be completely wrong.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
According to the wiki, the Harpy entry is unlocked upon meeting the Harpy Matron and the Kitsune entry from meeting either Kiyoko or the forest kitsune, so you should have unlocked both. The only entry that shouldn't be unlockable currently is Sheepfolk.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
According to the wiki, the Harpy entry is unlocked upon meeting the Harpy Matron and the Kitsune entry from meeting either Kiyoko or the forest kitsune, so you should have unlocked both. The only entry that shouldn't be unlockable currently is Sheepfolk.
If that's the case. Then is it possible to save edit those two codex entries open?

I'm currently missing four codex entries for race, two for gameplay, and two for lore.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Actually, I just started a new game and unlocked the Harpy codex entry.

Hey @Savin, Could you tell me what's wrong with my save file?

I save edited it but the only changes made were:
- removing "Bubble Butt" perk
- giving myself the Whitewood Bow and the Blade Staff
- giving myself some stealable powers
- making it so the Harpy Wingleader would visit my pc at night after kicking her out
- Gave Kiyoko 25,000 exp after freeing her cause I didn't wanna grind

and even then, this issue was present even before I save edited my file.

Attachments

• CoC2 Barbatos 777.coc2
    27.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If that's the case. Then is it possible to save edit those two codex entries open?
I've never tried so I dunno how you'd go about doing it or if you can do it.

I'm currently missing four codex entries for race, two for gameplay, and two for lore.
Leaving aside Harpies, Kitsune and Sheepfolk that we know you're missing, I'm willing to bet the fourth is either Fusata or Goblins, based on my own running around looking for missing entries. You're presumably missing the lore entry for the Old Country because it has the same trigger as the kitsune racial entry. Since the Tronarii entry is really easy to unlock, you're also probably missing Taelia's Talons. That requires chatting with Quin to unlock the option to ask about the organization.[/quote]

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I've never tried so I dunno how you'd go about doing it or if you can do it.

Leaving aside Harpies, Kitsune and Sheepfolk that we know you're missing, I'm willing to bet the fourth is either Fusata or Goblins, based on my own running around looking for missing entries. You're presumably missing the lore entry for the Old Country because it has the same trigger as the kitsune racial entry. Since the Tronarii entry is really easy to unlock, you're also probably missing Taelia's Talons. That requires chatting with Quin to unlock the option to ask about the organization.
take a look at my save file. I do have both the fusata and the goblin entry. You're right about the talons since i haven't talked to Quin in my main save. I had no idea the Old Country had a codex entry so you're probably right about that.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I did take a look and assuming I'm reading the flags right, it looks like you're missing the Taeleer entry in that save. I think that unlocks when you save Quin but maybe it's after you finish his companion quest. After doing some experimenting, I think you can manually add in the following values (taken from my save) and the entries should show up:

"CDX_RACE_HARPY_UN":1,
"CDX_RACE_KITSUNE_UN":1,
"CDX_RACE_TAELEER_UN":1,
"CDX_LORE_OLDCOUNTRY_UN":1,

I left out the last lore flag because that one's easy to get. It also looks like something you can't do from the editor right now but you can do if you open the save file as text and insert the entries.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I did take a look and assuming I'm reading the flags right, it looks like you're missing the Taeleer entry in that save. I think that unlocks when you save Quin but maybe it's after you finish his companion quest. After doing some experimenting, I think you can manually add in the following values (taken from my save) and the entries should show up:

"CDX_RACE_HARPY_UN":1,
"CDX_RACE_KITSUNE_UN":1,
"CDX_RACE_TAELEER_UN":1,
"CDX_LORE_OLDCOUNTRY_UN":1,

I left out the last lore flag because that one's easy to get. It also looks like something you can't do from the editor right now but you can do if you open the save file as text and insert the entries.
Do they need to be in any specific order? Or can I just put them wherever?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You can probably put them anywhere in the big block of flags; I tested it by dropping the entries next to existing codex flags but I imagine position doesn't matter as long as they're properly formatted.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Hey @WolframL, could you also give me the manual values for the first two codex entries under gameplay? I really have no idea why I'm missing these things.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I put the Old Country one in there, in theory you shouldn't have issues unlocking the other two the regular way, but the remaining ones are:
"CDX_LORE_TRONARII_UN":1,
"CDX_LORE_TAELIAS_TALONS_UN":1,
The latter is immediately followed by another flag: "QUINTILLUS_TALONS_TALKED":1,

Dunno what would happen if you add the one without the other.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I put the Old Country one in there, in theory you shouldn't have issues unlocking the other two the regular way, but the remaining ones are:
"CDX_LORE_TRONARII_UN":1,
"CDX_LORE_TAELIAS_TALONS_UN":1,
The latter is immediately followed by another flag: "QUINTILLUS_TALONS_TALKED":1,

Dunno what would happen if you add the one without the other.
I meant the two above "Leveling Up" in the codex under the "Gameplay" section.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Never mind. I started a new game and just took the values from that new save and added it to my main save.