CoCII.exe Not Working Right.

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry in advance if it isn't. I have Linux Manjaro on my system and I tried to play the game via WINE, but when it boots up the loading bar is on top of the screen and there is no text in the text box. The game seems to run fine, I can click on the options and when I hover over the buttons all the text is crammed at the top (But there is so text in the text box and also there is the text bar where you write your name but I can't interact with it). Is there any fellow linux gamers that have encounter a similar problem? Can you configure WINE to get it to run properly or am I banging my head against a brick wall? Any information would be appreciated.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I assume this is because you're running it with WINE. We don't currently release download builds for native Linux, though this MIGHT change in the future. In the meantime I recommend just playing the browser version with Firefox or Chrome as it should work in Linux, although we don't test for this.

Reactions: sluncuts

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
I assume this is because you're running it with WINE. We don't currently release download builds for native Linux, though this MIGHT change in the future. In the meantime I recommend just playing the browser version with Firefox or Chrome as it should work in Linux, although we don't test for this.
I expected as much. I love linux to bits, but compatibility issues will always kick me in the ass. And yes, it does work just fine on the browser just wanted to try offline to see if it would work. It is interesting you brought up a potential for a linux release because I was curious about that, but I won't get my hopes up too high.

MrDumbass

Jan 31, 2016
Sorry for double-post but, @sluncuts I figured it out: You just have to install the fonts! Go to (directory)/CoC II-0.3.6-win/resources/app/resources/fonts and install from there. Some are .woffs and you have to convert those if you can't install them.