COC2 - Version STEAAM

neryl

Apr 5, 2023
I have a problem with COC2. I see patches and updates out there, such as being able to access level 7, but this feature is not yet implemented in the version of COC2 on STEAM. Is there a place where I can read about update priorities and when they arrive on the Steam version, compared to the Patreon and free versions? It's not very clear to me, and when I bought the Steam version I thought I would have the latest updates, to be honest. Thankxs!

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
1680708496370.png

neryl

Apr 5, 2023
I'm new to the forum, and I'm blind. So if that response was an image, I don't know what it says lol

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The Steam version follows the same update cycle as the public version available on this site via the browser or download, meaning that it only updates when there's a public patch. That comes roughly in the middle of each month. You get access to the backer updates by supporting the game on Patreon, Subscribestar or Sponsus, which includes a monthly code to update the Steam version if you also have that.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm new to the forum, and I'm blind. So if that response was an image, I don't know what it says lol
Oh, my bad!

Wolfram's post above this one is accurate, though. Steam is the public version with some additional perks (automatic updates, cloud saving, trading cards, etc.); the monthly subscription versions get more frequent Backer content updates.

neryl

Apr 5, 2023
I understand, what a pity. How often are updates made between the steam or free version and the subscription version? Sorry if I am asking questions that may already have answers somewhere, so if you can redirect me to a link where I can read all these kinds of questions regarding this, I would be very grateful.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There are generally four updates in a month; The first two are backer updates, then the public update (which includes all backer content up to that point) which comes out around the middle of the month, followed by one last backer update before the end of the month.