CoC2 keeps deleting my saves!

Larith

Aug 11, 2020
For some reason I keep losing my save data on CoC2 when running it on browser. TiTS keeps its files without issue, so the problem is definitely with CoC2. I'm using Microsoft Edge and have my settings set to not delete cookies or website data so I don't really know why this is happening. This has also happened before, but I thought it was due to a recent update to the game. This time it seems to have happened for no reason I can think of.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I rather suspect your problem is caused by using a browser the developers are not supporting. You might want to read the rather prominent Supported Browsers topic and consider switching to one they're actually working with if you want to continue playing the browser version.

Larith

Aug 11, 2020
Except Edge is a supported browser since support for Explorer has been... discontinued, for lack of a better term. I encounter the issue when using Chrome as well.

Addendum: Edge is a semi-supported browser, not fully supported like Chrome or Firefox, but my issue still stands.

Larith

Aug 11, 2020
You can also just save to file until you find a fix.
True, but if others having a similar problem and haven't said anything I feel like it's still good for me to bring up the issue so it can be investigated and hopefully fixed. If others have already reported something like this I haven't come across it. Admittedly I don't really explore the forums much anyway.

Larith

Aug 11, 2020
Do you run any "cleaner" or "optimizer" or "tune up" software? Do you play in private browsing windows?
Not that I'm aware of. Granted this does also seem to happen whenever my laptop has to install a main OS update, though I still don't know why it doesn't affect my TiTS files.