CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Arcane Howitzer

Jan 8, 2016
Is there a way to unperminatize the metamorphs that you pick during ascension to carry over to the ng+? recent updates have added a bunch of options and apparently reduced the allowed carry-over slots significantly (I had to get three ranks of the genetic memory thing just to have enough slots for all the things I had already permed)

I don't really care if I get the points I spent on them back, I just want to pick something else.

Yttrium

Jan 5, 2017
How does one get the ability to Soul Sense? I can't find it in the perk DB and I haven't managed to dredge an answer out of the forums with searches yet.

Bob_Grue

Apr 4, 2021
I think you take the Dantian perk, then soul sense just happens one day. It's part of the soul cultivator path, and I usually see it around level 5-6.

King360

Aug 30, 2022
Can someone help me with chichi after I got defeated she says to go train by the monk mouse(I am guessing it's Jojo) but even after I trained she says the same thing again

gominal

Aug 20, 2022
Does anyone know the level and day requirement for the Volcanic Crag and Glacial Rift? It's day 54 and I'm at level 57, and I can't find either of them by exploring the tundra, ashlands, or wasteland.

Bob_Grue

Apr 4, 2021
The level requirement for the glacial rift is probably a bit higher. If you encounter a winter wolf before level 52, you're a goner. The level difference means you won't be able to hurt it, and you can't run from them. Level 55 was pretty much the bare minimum for exploring the glacial rift, back when Patchouli would open the way. So do a little more leveling up. The Ebon Labyrinth is now the place for XP grinding.

Reactions: gominal

Luna_Foxheart

Nov 2, 2021
The level requirement for the glacial rift is probably a bit higher. If you encounter a winter wolf before level 52, you're a goner. The level difference means you won't be able to hurt it, and you can't run from them. Level 55 was pretty much the bare minimum for exploring the glacial rift, back when Patchouli would open the way. So do a little more leveling up. The Ebon Labyrinth is now the place for XP grinding.
where even IS the ebon labyrinth? i can't seem to find it

gominal

Aug 20, 2022
Yep, found them both at 65!
where even IS the ebon labyrinth? i can't seem to find it
Caves. Don't recall what level you need though.

Reactions: Luna_Foxheart

cadrack

Feb 22, 2017
So it says on the outdated wiki as well as in game that you can marry Zenji. How do I actually do that?
If you are asking how to get him as a lover you have to fail in training and lose to him spars a lot before recruiting him. Instead of being impressed with you he becomes concerned for your safety and begins to feel protective of you. you can then gain him as a lover instead of a follower. As for actually marrying him here should be more information in his document in the Pyromainia corner on the Trello.

chocolive

Sep 18, 2022
So whenever I become a goblin, every time I return to camp, I get a message saying "An hour passes..." and I have to click Next to go back to the camp menu. No other race seems to have this happen, so I wondered if this was possibly a bug, if I'm missing a perk or something else I need to bypass it, or if it's just intentional for goblins. I didn't see anything about it in the thread after several searches, so I figured I'd ask.

Shiro99

Oct 20, 2020
I have a general question, I got the grey magic perk, grey mage apprentice, grey mage etc, and when I'm in combat it says "You can't use grey magics" No reason as to why, no hints or anything. Can anyone help?

cadrack

Feb 22, 2017
I have a general question, I got the grey magic perk, grey mage apprentice, grey mage etc, and when I'm in combat it says "You can't use grey magics" No reason as to why, no hints or anything. Can anyone help?
That's strange. Is your lust high enough and can you still use black magic and have you learned gray magic spells? If that isn't the problem I suggest going through your perks and seeing if you have any that might be locking you out of grey magic. I can't remember for sure but I think there are perks that lock out some magic options. Then go through your equipment checking for the same thing. I recently came back to the game and a lot has changed so those are the only things I can think of.

Abbeymanor

Aug 24, 2022
1664765374614.pngi dont really know where to esnd this. but i just sold him some random vanilla items,and now this is there...i gotit to go away by selling something else so might want tolook into it idk

shakey2

Aug 31, 2015
View attachment 27155i dont really know where to esnd this. but i just sold him some random vanilla items,and now this is there...i gotit to go away by selling something else so might want tolook into it idk
That's a pretty common bug. Usually re-opening the game fixes it. Also if you want to bug report I suggest using the mod's official discord. That's where devs are active. Link is in OP.

Rade54yu

Oct 10, 2022
So um, When fighting the Raiju in the river dungeon I lost to it from 3000+ lust damage and now the game has soft locked only allowing me to click on next which while allows me to heal my hp, doesn't let me do anything else

Clarion

Oct 22, 2022
Is Izma glitched? I've encountered a shark girl and shut down the factory, and I've spent four days doing nothing but exploring the lake for her.

Shiro99

Oct 20, 2020
That's strange. Is your lust high enough and can you still use black magic and have you learned gray magic spells? If that isn't the problem I suggest going through your perks and seeing if you have any that might be locking you out of grey magic. I can't remember for sure but I think there are perks that lock out some magic options. Then go through your equipment checking for the same thing. I recently came back to the game and a lot has changed so those are the only things I can think of.
I figured out what was wrong. It was related to lust, but is not explained in the game that you need a minimum lust of below the black magic requirement while within the white magic area to use greys. It's been a second so I don't remember the exact number, but its inbetween them. I wish it would have explained that tbh lol, I thought I was doing something wrong XD Thank you for the help.

DanTheHanzyMan

Oct 24, 2022
I'm having truble finding

Evangeline...​

the wiki says she shows up the first time you explore, but it's not happening. I have started a lot of new games in v. 8s4 and 8s3, spent the first 2 days exploring and she just does not show up... does anyone know how to fix this?

cadrack

Feb 22, 2017
I'm having truble finding

Evangeline...​

the wiki says she shows up the first time you explore, but it's not happening. I have started a lot of new games in v. 8s4 and 8s3, spent the first 2 days exploring and she just does not show up... does anyone know how to fix this?
The wiki is a little (a alot) outdated. I'm not entirely sure about the requirements now as I've newly returned to the game, but I think you need to level up a few times first now.

Comnislasher

Oct 25, 2022
One question about Soul Gem Research. IIRC it supposed to be in Zetas cave but... There is none? This is a bug or something changed?

DanTheHanzyMan

Oct 24, 2022
The wiki is a little (a alot) outdated. I'm not entirely sure about the requirements now as I've newly returned to the game, but I think you need to level up a few times first now.
I found her the first time exploring after leveling up once on day 9 by mistake, i usually make the strongest possible lv 0 charakter and grind exp to lv 100 to save a LOT of time and actually getting something from goblins

Reactions: Luna_Foxheart

Luna_Foxheart

Nov 2, 2021
I found her the first time exploring after leveling up once on day 9 by mistake, i usually make the strongest possible lv 0 charakter and grind exp to lv 100 to save a LOT of time and actually getting something from goblins
that's a clever idea honestly, the only problem i see is knowing how much exp you need for that

Nyanyan

May 21, 2018

that's a clever idea honestly, the only problem i see is knowing how much exp you need for that

uses Cheat Engine to get infinite XP after about 5 fights and hits level 185 on day 4 or so Yup, great idea. Totally takes forever though. proceeds to also get infinite stat/skill points and has a FULLY maxed character at level 0 For stat points you need to be in NG+ so you can start with stat points, but otherwise...I can get maxed pretty much instantly with some luck. I'm a dirty cheater...I do have a legit character on the mobile version where I can't cheat, but...it's a lot slower.

Best way to get XP at low levels, as far as I've seen, is to max what you can, and then use the arena. If you get as much power as possible before you try, you can take on the first or second solo fights. Blind and Heal are must haves at minimum, and it's great if you can get the strongest equipment available, but if you can swing the first or second (or third, if you're really confident) fights, you can get MUCH better XP than a little goblin/imp.

A level 0 taking down the second level of golems gives about enough XP to go straight to level 5 (almost 1500 from a single fight) but usually you can only do 1-2 a day (or every 2-3 days) depending on just how bad you get beat up. With luck, you can end the fight with enough health for another fight.

For the golems, my usual strategy is to use a 0 corruption character with the Beautiful Sword. I don't know all the weapons available, but it's easy to obtain, and stronger than a good chunk of low level weapons. Then I blind, charge, normal attack, blind as needed, and charge a second time, if the fight's not looking like I can hold back. I'll often (at level 0) end up needing like...2 days of rest to recover my Health/Mana for almost every fight since I have no regen yet. Getting toughness up high enough for the first level of regeneration with the free perk point you get is a decent idea.

Of course, that all is for if you're not playing a higher difficulty (I usually try to play MC difficulty, I do basically nothing to imps and gobs until 50+ strength, and even then it's still risky. I always pick Speed when creating a character to maximize running and dodging early on). On the higher difficulties...Goblins and Imps ALL the way if you want to max a level 0, and only after you have a lot of stats already. Avoid fights for as long as possible. Early on, Forest is the best money maker. Honey and Chitin sell good, and once you can kill imps/gobs, their ears/skulls also sell well.

Anyway, that's just how I play.

I can't find electra. Is the wiki information still current?

Electra is the Raijin, right? You need to be able to go to the Mountains or High Mountains, I can't remember which, and she only appears after you've met her there. After a certain point, again not sure when, she starts appearing pretty much anywhere. I could be wrong, I don't really pay attention unless I'm trying to recruit her. Otherwise I just run every time I see her.

Clarion

Oct 22, 2022
uses Cheat Engine to get infinite XP after about 5 fights and hits level 185 on day 4 or so Yup, great idea. Totally takes forever though. proceeds to also get infinite stat/skill points and has a FULLY maxed character at level 0 For stat points you need to be in NG+ so you can start with stat points, but otherwise...I can get maxed pretty much instantly with some luck. I'm a dirty cheater...I do have a legit character on the mobile version where I can't cheat, but...it's a lot slower.

Best way to get XP at low levels, as far as I've seen, is to max what you can, and then use the arena. If you get as much power as possible before you try, you can take on the first or second solo fights. Blind and Heal are must haves at minimum, and it's great if you can get the strongest equipment available, but if you can swing the first or second (or third, if you're really confident) fights, you can get MUCH better XP than a little goblin/imp.

A level 0 taking down the second level of golems gives about enough XP to go straight to level 5 (almost 1500 from a single fight) but usually you can only do 1-2 a day (or every 2-3 days) depending on just how bad you get beat up. With luck, you can end the fight with enough health for another fight.

For the golems, my usual strategy is to use a 0 corruption character with the Beautiful Sword. I don't know all the weapons available, but it's easy to obtain, and stronger than a good chunk of low level weapons. Then I blind, charge, normal attack, blind as needed, and charge a second time, if the fight's not looking like I can hold back. I'll often (at level 0) end up needing like...2 days of rest to recover my Health/Mana for almost every fight since I have no regen yet. Getting toughness up high enough for the first level of regeneration with the free perk point you get is a decent idea.

Of course, that all is for if you're not playing a higher difficulty (I usually try to play MC difficulty, I do basically nothing to imps and gobs until 50+ strength, and even then it's still risky. I always pick Speed when creating a character to maximize running and dodging early on). On the higher difficulties...Goblins and Imps ALL the way if you want to max a level 0, and only after you have a lot of stats already. Avoid fights for as long as possible. Early on, Forest is the best money maker. Honey and Chitin sell good, and once you can kill imps/gobs, their ears/skulls also sell well.

Anyway, that's just how I play.

Electra is the Raijin, right? You need to be able to go to the Mountains or High Mountains, I can't remember which, and she only appears after you've met her there. After a certain point, again not sure when, she starts appearing pretty much anywhere. I could be wrong, I don't really pay attention unless I'm trying to recruit her. Otherwise I just run every time I see her.
Are there level requirements? A specific item? Stats?