CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8v2 for CoC 1.0.2)

NobleLeader6

Jan 7, 2016
"You're too 'calm' to attack more than once in this turn"
Been getting this every time I use the perk double attack, triple attack and etc,
and every time my wrath decreases stopping me from using the perk, also I can't seem to regen my wrath unless I use a spell.
The problem is this never happened until I entered the Den of Desire, so idk if this is
Intentional or a bug but would LOVE to know anyways of combating or fixing this. Thanks an advance!

From the Wrath builds I have used before settling on a spellcaster, wrath builds up when you take damage, or don't inflict physical damage (eg, don't bash them on the head, burn them instead!) to an enemy. By dealing physical blows, you decrease the wrath you gain. However, you should be able to regain an amount by simply waiting, or attacking with something other than your fists/claws/beating sticks.

New player to the Xianxia Mod here with a small question because I am thoroughly confused here.

How am I supposed to increase Evangeline's Affection?

If I remember correctly it increases a little bit by talking to her in the very beginning, then you have to build the sparring arena and spar with her. That should eventually raise her affection. It'll also go up when you get her to mix potions/TFs for you iirc.

FakeWheat

Dec 21, 2018
From the Wrath builds I have used before settling on a spellcaster, wrath builds up when you take damage, or don't inflict physical damage (eg, don't bash them on the head, burn them instead!) to an enemy. By dealing physical blows, you decrease the wrath you gain. However, you should be able to regain an amount by simply waiting, or attacking with something other than your fists/claws/beating sticks

Thanks for the help! :)

CuriousBlackCat

Aug 28, 2015
If I remember correctly it increases a little bit by talking to her in the very beginning, then you have to build the sparring arena and spar with her. That should eventually raise her affection. It'll also go up when you get her to mix potions/TFs for you iirc.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes Celess ii still blocked (but if someone get her before she get blocked will keep her till starting next NG.

Wrath build up on taking damage or is generated on it own each combat turn/hour. For that each turn/hour gain PC need to have one of perks: Job: Beast Warrior, Primal Fury I-VI, Berserker, Lustzerker, Anger, Rage. During fight using wrath fueled buffs like berserking or taking crinos shape will also boost in combat wrath generation.

Any melee attacks after 1 per turn with any weapon cost wrath. Using single empowerd attack (Power Attack) or Wrath Weapons also use wrath.

Evangeline affection is atm locked at max 40/100 when she restore her lvl up to 12. Each talk scene give +1, light spar +3.

Happy Chrismas everyone

(due to one write been buried under RL stuff next ver will be a bit delayed - still should come in this year I promise)

Reactions: TheSph3X

sunblaze

Jul 29, 2017
In a sense yes. The event to get her is blocked. But if you use an older version you are able to get her and bring her as a follower in the new one.
Granted she only has the content that was released in the older version yet. Her full release is problably as soon as all the content is done. (At least I hope)

edit: Ormael beat me... on christams eve.. :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

Reactions: TheSph3X

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
So, can I get some confirmation on being able to be both a cheshire cat and a hellcat?
Which is to say having both the infernal claws and curse, as well as everywhere and nowhere.
I managed to get it once by accident, but haven't been able to replicate it.

EDIT: Saw that there's a nekomata thing that's unavailable, and that it's theoretically possible to be all three "magic cats" at the same time. Out of curiosity, what's the nekomata do?

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Umm not yet Spike.

It's harder to get all cat type races mixed now. Nekomata would be oriented toward curses/hexes with a bit of ghost fire.

CoCX_0.8k

Mobile builds would be in max a few days.

Reactions: cadrack

cheesebehemoth

Feb 28, 2016
I finished the feral imp capture quest in the new build 10 times, is something supposed to happen? The quest button is greyed out but I'm not sure what else I can do.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hotfix for not ending adv guild is added. I replaced old file with new so you all gotta to redownload 0.8k again (unless you not yet downloaded in last 24 hours). I put also Eternal Holiday indicator on setting page due to request at discord.

With that i think there will be no more new builds till 2019.

EDIT: Mobile ver is up now too - link in first post of the thread (sorry but this forum is so unfriendly for me to do anything i not gonna this time link link to mobile ver of 0.8k and just changing link in first post)

Last edited:

NobleLeader6

Jan 7, 2016
Hmmm, does the feral imp that we get to keep have any scenes? Or are those simply not implemented yet, like with Dinah? Trying to see if I can interact with them in any way, since they are at 1% affection, though I haven't found anything yet.

sunblaze

Jul 29, 2017
The jabberwocky has a bug again. Everytime you have any (even all of them) jabberwocky bodypart dragon and jabberwocky scores both drop to 0 and stay there.
So you did manage to elimnate the half-jabberwocky but somehow it resets dragon score as well. Elder dragon is still possible but elder jabberwocky not since BOTH race-points get reset to zero after aquiring a jabberwocky bodypart..

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Imp we brought back to camp for now sit in cage (like Clara we may keep). I need another quest in Twilight of Gods section + Evangeline expansion (for opening experiments option) to add interaction button for this imp in Slaves tab. It still count as +1 to camp population counter so will give 1 asc point. As for Dinah she's just now merchant for cat tfs + other few that may be off limit if player disable few npc's that were only source of those items + sparing. Both of them would get development after I add at least half of planned stuff for 0.8l ver (that include new dungeon(s), new npc's, camp build options, henchaman system (bringing some of camp npc's into fight alongside PC))

Ahh Jabberwocky is such a troublemaker -_-'
I would go fix him but no new ver in 2018 :/

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
So, here's a conundrum.
Why does feeding as a manticore build corruption while oviposition as a bee or drider does not.
I get why from a mechanical standpoint, but like any reason from a writing standpoint, as both are effectively satisfying a base need in a sexual manner.

Also, is there a doc for the nekomata and displacer beast stuff anywhere?
I'd be interested to read it.

Ravie

Jun 3, 2017
So, here's a conundrum.
Why does feeding as a manticore build corruption while oviposition as a bee or drider does not.
I get why from a mechanical standpoint, but like any reason from a writing standpoint, as both are effectively satisfying a base need in a sexual manner.

Well, if you already get why from a mechanical viewpoint, it should be pretty obvious, no? I mean, first reason is blatant - "direction" - manticore feeding takes things IN, whle ovi scenes bring things OUT.
Secondly, most of the stuff you feed on is pretty damn corrupt already, and feeding on their...well... their main means of spreading said corruption... that's kinda bound to corrupt you is it not?

Reactions: ShySquare

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
As Ravie said - manticore ingest stuff into her using tail so she devour corruption of fluids she drink while oviposition not invovle any fluid eaten, drinked or in any ohter way absorbed into PC bosy so no corruption gain. Still some actions like using corruptin items would rise corruption even if PC not absorb any corrupted fluid.

There is no gdoc for nekomata i think (if i find there is smth on it i will use when coding i will later on add link) but i can link you two gdocs where is displacer beast tf and enemy:
TF - https://docs.google.com/document/d/...0pfUQGaAwXhwBFP3c/edit#heading=h.u8c61g93p2km
Enemy (on pages 33 and 34 so near the end of gdoc) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nrqtceIU6WmLB6mxGK5ckkBOojn-uJTo9B8ag824WVo/edit

Shion

Feb 5, 2017
Found a few bugs:
The line in physicalSpecials.sendTemporalGolem5 is;
if (flags[kFLAGS.REUSABLE_GOLEM_CORES_BAG] < winionsMaker.maxReusableGolemCoresBagSize()) flags[kFLAGS.REUSABLE_GOLEM_CORES_BAG]++
but should be:
if (flags[kFLAGS.REUSABLE_GOLEM_CORES_BAG] + 5 <= winionsMaker.maxReusableGolemCoresBagSize()) flags[kFLAGS.REUSABLE_GOLEM_CORES_BAG] += 5
Though the whole thing should be wrapped into a function really.

PerkLib.Blademaster is only in the function combat.combatCritical which is never called in the combat script. Instead the critical chances are manually added to every single skill. The perk is complete useless right now.
My suggestion would be to use a few criticalChance functions instead. One for base that's always used and probably only has the tactiction perk and the base 5% chance in it. One for weapon bonus that handles all the sword and dueling stuff and the missing Blademaster perk for example, one for rangend attacks and probably only for magic, though there isn't anything magic crit specific as far as I can see. Then you can add the chances up in the skills and won't have to do the whole thing in every single skill.

The Zweihänder seems to be missing from the whirlwind weapon list, you really need to find a better way than just listing them by name. That information belongs with the weapon definition.
Cleave is learned before the scroll and it doesn't seem to have a cost attached to it?
None of the magical soulforce skills actually use wisdom,

Not bugs, just a few suggestions. Polearms like the Halberd could be both spear and axe type weapons, also the spear boni are really situational (Not to mention that they don't fit the halberd, it's not used like a lance, sorry I love polearms and they always get shortshafted.) Suggestions would be a bonus to AoE attacks, immunity against retaliation effects from enemies since you're far enough away. Shields and double weapons should disable spellcasting and archery. (That's something from the descriptions of some shields, but there is no drawback to equipping the biggest shield you can find.) I haven't played it far enough to be sure, but aren't all the defense perks you can get a bit much? It's really easy to become pretty much immune to physical damage by lv 24.
A duelist job would be fantastic focusing on single light blade style, parry and critical strikes. Maybe also being able to use the sneak attack mechanic and adding a later perk to inflict distraction after a successful parry. Could lead into a swordsage soulskill using job.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Would orc tf that makes females amazon orc girls be enough to satisfy you Spike or would you still crave for more amazon tf's?