CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

RandomGuy

Oct 21, 2018
Does anyone have any recommendations for racial transformation bonuses that are useful for a spellcaster? I thought I'd try going the mage route on my next ascension, and I noticed you can get some pretty crazy bonuses with the right combinations of mutations (especially with Hybrid Theory). My current character, for example, took a bit of fiddling around with TF items and soulforce metamorphosis to end up as a dragon/half-werewolf/wolfmorph, and then I chugged one of those vampire potions out of curiosity, and managed to keep my current bonuses and get half-batboy/jabberwocky as well, giving a grand total of +400 max strength (!), +220 max toughness, +280 max speed, +80 max intelligence, +100 max libido, +400hp, +2 armour. It does trivialise pretty much every encounter admittedly - even the level 51 golems challenge goes down in 4 standard attacks - but I was practically at the end game anyway (though I've yet to try the deep ocean/sea/thing). Anyway, I'm guessing Kitsune would be a good one, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Also, if I decide to try out a taur character for a laugh, what do you need for that?

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
Kitsune is definitely your best bet, even before you unlock the Real Ultimate Power it's hard to match the relevant stat bonuses. Sphinxes have + 100 but are kind of janky to qualify as at the moment, Cheshire cat-morphs get 80 but that's not the most trivial either. Kitsunes have 70 but ALSO get a lot of bonuses that are super relevant to casting that aren't max stats. Spiders get 75 and are also a solid choice. Elves get 80. Unicorns and Alicorns also get a bunch. Gargoyles seem to get a bunch too.

The thing to remember with Kitsunes is that you're level gated as far as gaining tails, once you've got your basic setup the proper way to get new tails once you qualify is to meditate at the shrine with a jewel on your person and you'll just get one, boom.

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
Does anyone have any recommendations for racial transformation bonuses that are useful for a spellcaster? I thought I'd try going the mage route on my next ascension, and I noticed you can get some pretty crazy bonuses with the right combinations of mutations (especially with Hybrid Theory). My current character, for example, took a bit of fiddling around with TF items and soulforce metamorphosis to end up as a dragon/half-werewolf/wolfmorph, and then I chugged one of those vampire potions out of curiosity, and managed to keep my current bonuses and get half-batboy/jabberwocky as well, giving a grand total of +400 max strength (!), +220 max toughness, +280 max speed, +80 max intelligence, +100 max libido, +400hp, +2 armour. It does trivialise pretty much every encounter admittedly - even the level 51 golems challenge goes down in 4 standard attacks - but I was practically at the end game anyway (though I've yet to try the deep ocean/sea/thing). Anyway, I'm guessing Kitsune would be a good one, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Also, if I decide to try out a taur character for a laugh, what do you need for that?
my current wizard is a Dragon/Kitsune I think. It's really complicated. I was messing around a lot, and I may have actually glitched/exploited somthing, because if I try to change any body part enough so that either bonus is lost, I wont get my "full" stats back even if I get the same values again.

the benefit of a dragon morph is that you get lots of strength and toughness, so you can hold your own in battles where you don't one or 2 shot the enemies.

Also...what is this jewel/stone spoken of regarding Kathrit...? I never liked having super exotic PCs, so I never really experimented with stuff like that....

NobleLeader6

Jan 7, 2016
my current wizard is a Dragon/Kitsune I think. It's really complicated. I was messing around a lot, and I may have actually glitched/exploited somthing, because if I try to change any body part enough so that either bonus is lost, I wont get my "full" stats back even if I get the same values again.

the benefit of a dragon morph is that you get lots of strength and toughness, so you can hold your own in battles where you don't one or 2 shot the enemies.

Also...what is this jewel/stone spoken of regarding Kathrit...? I never liked having super exotic PCs, so I never really experimented with stuff like that....

Honestly, in my experiences using a kitsune, if you get hit, your doing it wrong. I'd say spend the first 20 levels doing whatever, but once you want to be a kitsune, pump your int and wisdom. Once you get enough you should be able to essentially one shot everything you come across, especially if you get the traditional mage perk and grey mage. Spellcasters really come into their own on subsequent new games, especially if you level the Mysticality perk. I might be able to further expand on it once I get back to my actual comp, but after a certain point, most enemies just can't hurt you because you nuke them. Like, in my most recent playthrough of NG+4 or 5, I was able to nuke Marae for 4.5 million HP. And once you get access to great spells like fire storm, you can just seal club the golems in He'Xin'Dao for about a million exp and hit level 150 before beating the factory. Mages take a while, but absolutely wreck shop once you get going.

Inirias

Mar 10, 2017
Well if you really want to powergame... a mage vampire is honestly the way to go for the moment, at least until you get to at least NG+++ or something like that; you only need the wings (or another way to grapple), their 6 mutation perks and a score of 12 (which shouldn't be too hard), giving you a bonus of 35 to Strength, Intelligence and Speed, and 45 to Libido... aaaaand you get +450 to all those stats if you keep your stacks at max, which is extremely easy to do once you have all the mutation feats. I'll be honest, vampires should probably be nerfed, because at lvl 39 on first ascension I can do 15k damage with a whitefire. And 80k damage with a firestorm on a group. And that's without even having a staff, using Might with Fortress of Intellect, or even having maxed intelligence (out of a cap of 650, I have "only" 539)

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
I just killed the giant statue demon thing you encounter when running around in the Stronghold and got an item called the "seven-colored pearl of the elements" or something. I forgot the full name and its text cuts off when I mouse over it. The description goes "Pearl formed after defeating . It's surrounded by aura of elements." The blank after 'defeating' isn't my own typo, it's just what it says.

The text for interacting with it is "You cram the pearl in your mouth and swallow it like a giant pill with some difficulty. Surprisingly there is no discomfort, only a calming sensation of seven steams of mystical energies spreading in your body." It doesn't seem to actually do anything though. Anyone know what this is about?

Inirias

Mar 10, 2017
It's for if you are an elemental conjurer. There's that perk called "Elemental Conjurer Sacrifice", which gives BIG boosts to max intelligence and wisdom, in exchange to equally big penalties to max strength, toughness and speed. This pearl negates that second part

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Pure or Corrupted Marae defeat scene soft locks? Or both?

On matter of Drider special - with help of RandomGuy it was fixed and bit changed (for worst from Pc pov) to add also locking out range attacks (orginal notes says about bow use so it mean range fight was suppose to be disbale too aside melee fight and p.specials).

For mage as always Kitsune is good base + Dragon as it's good for nearly any build due to been quite the all-rounder race.

Vampire situation with getting too strong with seemly no drawback or too little ones will be looked into in near future.

RandomGuy

Oct 21, 2018
So after having some fun with a kitsune spellcaster, I thought I'd give this gargoyle thing a go, and it seems pretty bonkers. 80% resist to phys/magic, and a bottomless well of HP, yet a crazy +int cap. Tanky spellcaster? Alright. I was actually making a sword & board kinda guy, but got the main spell boosts anyway to help with heal/arouse. After seeing what kind of crazy boosts I was getting with might and crinos, I thought I'd see just how much damage I could do with what I had so far.

J0IESmQ.jpg

That's... uh.... wow, yeah. I thought my spellcaster was doing a lot of damage (especially double-dipping with Tower of Intellect), but that's just absurd.

On a semi-related note, I see a lot of the perks require the player to be level 66, or even higher I think. How do you get to that level without spending literally hours and hours just grinding out the golem challenge? If there's any (repeatable) content that gives more XP, or better yet, that actually requires you to be that absurdly powerful, I haven't found it. Edit: Just realised Marae gave me a bunch of levels. Bit late for that though.

Also, after annihilating Lethice, I purposely lost to (pure) Marae, and the game seemed to continue on fine and I could go and re-fight her (then annihilate her too), so maybe the soft-lock is only with the corrupt version?

Edit: And for good measure, here's the post-Marae version with the extra stats and perks from defeating her.

Or rather, it's over 90,000,000!

RRMFJv6.jpg
I'm not actually sure how the relatively minor stat increases led to a 60% damage increase, unless that weapon somehow counts for a staff for Traditional Mage (which I got for a laugh), or the damage increase from stats isn't linear, or... something else.

Last edited:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
By soft lock, so far I've fought her when she's corrupt Marae (first encounter after corruption) and she won, it got to the point where it said you can no longer fight with a next button. After clicking that, the middle screen goes blank with only the next button. Pressing it again and the button disappears as well. My only option was either close the player or reload from a previous save. I did the latter and simply decided to steal her lethice on the first encounter and did the dirty with her on the second to pick up a perk.

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
So after having some fun with a kitsune spellcaster, I thought I'd give this gargoyle thing a go, and it seems pretty bonkers. 80% resist to phys/magic, and a bottomless well of HP, yet a crazy +int cap. Tanky spellcaster? Alright. I was actually making a sword & board kinda guy, but got the main spell boosts anyway to help with heal/arouse. After seeing what kind of crazy boosts I was getting with might and crinos, I thought I'd see just how much damage I could do with what I had so far.

J0IESmQ.jpg

That's... uh.... wow, yeah. I thought my spellcaster was doing a lot of damage (especially double-dipping with Tower of Intellect), but that's just absurd.

On a semi-related note, I see a lot of the perks require the player to be level 66, or even higher I think. How do you get to that level without spending literally hours and hours just grinding out the golem challenge? If there's any (repeatable) content that gives more XP, or better yet, that actually requires you to be that absurdly powerful, I haven't found it. Edit: Just realised Marae gave me a bunch of levels. Bit late for that though.

Also, after annihilating Lethice, I purposely lost to (pure) Marae, and the game seemed to continue on fine and I could go and re-fight her (then annihilate her too), so maybe the soft-lock is only with the corrupt version?

Edit: And for good measure, here's the post-Marae version with the extra stats and perks from defeating her.

RRMFJv6.jpg
I'm not actually sure how the relatively minor stat increases led to a 60% damage increase, unless that weapon somehow counts for a staff for Traditional Mage (which I got for a laugh), or the damage increase from stats isn't linear, or... something else.

The best way to get those levels is to get to where the beach demons are easy but also still giving baller exp then bank enough to get to whatever cray level you desire. Or I mean any other fight, but beach demons is what I like to use.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Scaling was, and is, vary broken. I bear some blame for this, given my push against reigning in the power of buffs.

I can say with certainty that I never intended for Tower of Intellect to be used alongside anything of the Gargoyle's sort.

NobleLeader6

Jan 7, 2016

J0IESmQ.jpg

RRMFJv6.jpg

I always ground out exp by getting to between lvls 24-30, which on an int focused character would give you access to grey mage and grey archmage, allowing you to get the AoE spells. Then, just one/two shot either the beach demons or golems until you have a crazy amount of exp. Last time I did it in NG+4 I got over a million exp over the course of a few (in-game) days, and leveled up to 150, which is the cap.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Btw, is there any content besides perks that are NG+ exclusive? We talking Dark Souls 1 NG+ (where nothing is new, just a replay) or more like Dark Souls 2 (spawns get changed, added, and some items are from NG+ levels)?

Inirias

Mar 10, 2017
So far I think the only exclusive content is in NG++ at the earliest, Ninetailed Kitsune of Balance which can only be gained by getting 9 kitsune tails while having permed Enlightened Kitsune, Corrupted Kitsune and their Ninetail versions.

Apart from that, Liadri had been working on nightmare versions of bosses, that you can access only in NG+, with new moves and unique drops. Though Liadri has been rather scarce, recently, and talked about working on another mod so I don't know if she'll complete it

RandomGuy

Oct 21, 2018
then bank enough

Ohhh right, that's the part I was missing. I was levelling up immediately. Yeah, I guess that works. I'm still not entirely sure what you'd even do with that many perk points and that much power. I guess it helps if you're doing a pure human run on a high ng+ setting and need a boost or something.

By soft lock, so far I've fought her when she's corrupt Marae (first encounter after corruption) and she won, it got to the point where it said you can no longer fight with a next button. After clicking that, the middle screen goes blank with only the next button. Pressing it again and the button disappears as well. My only option was either close the player or reload from a previous save. I did the latter and simply decided to steal her lethice on the first encounter and did the dirty with her on the second to pick up a perk.

If you're getting the message about no longer being able to fight, it should just be calling the bad end straight after that. Only thing I can see is that it tries to change an image before there's any more text, so maybe there's some problem with that...somehow. If you still have a save in the right place, and you're using an imagepack, try turning that off first and see if it makes any difference. Otherwise I guess someone with more experience will have to look into it. This is on 0.8j2.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Marae fights are all at the end of interactions with her. Not needed to fight her to progress main story as she only involved in letting PC know about factory then giving reward(s) after finishing Factory. Which is either giving pearl or giving two perks (first time it's not fight per se and more like a check on stat if PC manage to escape with her lethicite crystal), then second corrupted marae perk req. been able to fly to get it. After this it would be option to beat for bark drop corrupted marae and that conclude all interactions till next NG with her. Would look using Sacred desc how it went to see where that empty screen happens.

Tanky spellcaster Gargoyle? That is influced by what material will be picked - one giving higher phys dmg reduction and other mag dmg reduction. Both ver will still give PC tons of Toughness bonus. And by going Gargoyle perks like chimera body will be lost as the race bonuses are lost too so...umm it still make feel that Gargoyle TF not make weaker PC in regard to any of the stats compared to chimera PC build with all mutations?

For repeatable enemies to fight above lvl 61 there are single type enemeis and they even more than PC think about - few of camp npc's can train up to a bit above lvl 61 (62 to 66).

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
Would be really, really nice if I could opt out of ever taking in the werewolf maid in teladre.
Seriously, I don't want to have to deal with an NPC who prevents me from interacting with other NPCs in my camp just because she's craving attention. I got zero experience with actionscript, but based on my experience with a few other languages I strongly assume it would be very easy to add another button that removes her from the pool of random events when going about teladre.

If not that, at least make it so that your character does not automatically leave teladre whenever you say no. You can say no to the cats event and various other events, so it should be possible to say no to the maid event without leaving teladre.

Kurai Tora

Oct 27, 2018
I'm using 0.8j with virgin female and going every damn day in Deepwoods, yet I haven't seen the unicorn for Celess events. Am I doing something wrong?

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
Celess is currently disabled, I think until some more work is done on the content connected to her.

She's in the code but encountering her is commented out.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Luna enc in Tel'Adre was changed few times ago to just return PC to main city menu not sending back to camp.

On Celess it's issue at end of Nightmare fight (plus probably caused by that enemy fight addition broken scene texts at first meeting).

Savannah or similar area is on the list of new areas to be added. So beside lions may be some other morphs like rhino or other big cats. It would be on 90% certain connected to Plains.

praftd

Jan 23, 2018
Out of curiosity, does this mod have the same content that is in Revamp? Or are they pretty separate?

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
You could use a cheetah morph for a plains enemy. High speed rogue with some stun/blind moves and enhanced criticals.

Maybe also a new watersports scene...

Kurai Tora

Oct 27, 2018
If we do get access to Deep Sea, a Leviathan TF would be cool. Maybe make it be a potion derived from Drake Heart and T-Shark Tooth/Orca Sunscreen?

NobleLeader6

Jan 7, 2016
If we do get access to Deep Sea, a Leviathan TF would be cool. Maybe make it be a potion derived from Drake Heart and T-Shark Tooth/Orca Sunscreen?

Wait, we don't have access to the Deep Sea? I thought we did, and I was either unlucky or didn't have the correct TF in order to access it.