CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8v2 for CoC 1.0.2)

Ezzy

May 27, 2017
Brazil
Urgent bug report: One of the new perks you added, for some reason, brings the speed cap to -260 (sadly, I don't know which one).
If there's more, I'll update this post.

Hardmix898

Aug 26, 2015
Where is the Temple of the Divine? How do I make a golems or summon an elemental spirits?

Last edited:

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
I found the Temple of the Divine pretty much at random....I -think- it's somewhere in the mountains, don't quote me on that though. I like the new TFs but I'm looking forward to the gargoyles more than ever. Also, is there something special about the hidden cave? It doesn't seem like there's much to do in there except beat up golems. Or is that gonna be in another update?

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
Is it just me or does it feel like the racial bonuses on caps have grown harsher and harsher with each update. It almost makes it so that it feels like straight human gets the best all around stat caps at the end of the day. Although I am still acclimating to the new perks in the soulforce paths. There's a lot of new content. I just hope that this trend of heavy cap penalties that drop base stats below the 100 marker doesn't continue to become a norm with the various forms. It would make it so that people might view them as more of a penalty than a benefit. I am aware of certain branches granting nice bonuses once you go all the way but still... The transitioning phase is very very harsh if you look at what it does. You quickly lose the human bonus and most racial scores don't start giving bonuses until you really dump a lot into the forms. So if you were happy with an appearance that was partway... well, you're probably going to wind up swallowing a heavy penalty to your caps which may cap stats like strength, toughness and speed below 100. It's just something I thought to point out here. Especially when the goal is to balance out the different forms to fit reasonably well with the racial strengths and weaknesses. Maybe you might consider granting some of the partial boosts to the racials at lower score levels once humanity score starts dropping to a certain threshold. That might take some of the harsh penalty for the between human and something else away.

Yeah, you can go to the transform merchants or cheat to give money but its also fun to do it the proper way. I dunno, that's just my take on it so far. I thought I'd voice a concern with this trend before it got to the point that it made it unappealing to even transform unless you were cheating to win. I'm not saying you couldn't do it without cheating. But a lot of the transforms will severely handicap you in the long run which might encourage some to go transform back to a pure human just to get their stats in order so they can grind up first and then fool around later once they've got levels and perks to make them strong enough to take the handicaps. I will say that once you get the forms to the point that you get those racial bonuses it isn't a problem. Its just that intermediary phase where some people might actually find appeal in. The partials and pre-morphs are what I'm referring to.

Reactions: Liadri and Kesil

Charmbreaker

Apr 4, 2017
Has anyone found the enemies in the game ridiculously difficult? I recently redownloaded the game after a long break and I'm finding Sand Witches at lvl 7 with 575 health, Nagasat lvl 9 with 535 health, and tentacle beasts at 2,000 (I distinctly remember them being at 300). This is all on normal difficulty by the way.

Kinofthehunt

Sep 20, 2017
Has anyone found the enemies in the game ridiculously difficult? I recently redownloaded the game after a long break and I'm finding Sand Witches at lvl 7 with 575 health, Nagasat lvl 9 with 535 health, and tentacle beasts at 2,000 (I distinctly remember them being at 300). This is all on normal difficulty by the way.
mino king nuff said

Kinofthehunt

Sep 20, 2017
Try facing Hordes.... they don't do alot of damage but the multi attacks, oh god

For enemies with high hp i think you need to main an attack style(I.E. wrath moves, soulskills, magic, etc)

straight up melee will only get you so far
I have mino king is still harder I use a kitsune mage which deals 4k-9k every spell and foxfire deals over 10k

Josh_UA

Dec 27, 2016
I don't know if this bug was present before even in original CoC, but I noticed 1 strange thing:
1. I went exploring location;
2. I get and encounter;
3. If I have access to Appearance tab while I'm inside event and click it - I get back to camp without time passing.

If yes, then I'm a Slowpoke.

For example:
I search Deepwoods, get Corrupted Glade Lust increase encounter and then press Appearance tab => Get back to camp without time change, but with lust increase...

Last edited:

Kinofthehunt

Sep 20, 2017
they never gave me much trouble, a shield smash gives me some breathing room a few brutal blows and a soulskill and they are pretty much done
those are lord's not the king In lethice's stronghold that's who I'm talking about

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
what difficulty? im doing hard atm

Don't get me wrong, it does make the game challenging. I play on the hardest mode on there which is hardcore. You should really try that mode because the enemy stats get an obscene boost that will force you into long fights. But it will also drastically point out the issues. I don't think the balancing act for those drains and whatnot would be too bad on the lesser difficulties. But it is blatantly clear that the drains take that mode up to a whole new level of difficulty by themselves. Just make sure you fully transform all at once before you try combat. Actually.... try to stay full human as long as possible before you transform on that difficulty. You need to get yourself to the point where you can manage at least to hit the mid 20's or higher. Actually, you may want to power level to 30 or so on a first-off play.

The arena is a good option to train yourself if you save up and do soul cultivation. From there, it is a question of what your focus is. Do you want to be a beserker build? They have wicked moves as long as you can build up wrath to keep your flurries of attacks going. That's also a challenge at extremely high levels btw. You will find that you are frequently adjusting your multi-attack options to save on wrath. Soul cultivation is strong but it tends to burn up quickly. You had better stock up on soul force pills to recharge during long fights. Also, it pays to know the game inside and out because the tough fights are going to be much tougher on this mode. For instance, lamias are around like 2k hp in the desert. Uhh, the tigershark girl who's name evades me is like 9k hp at the lake so you get the idea about how things will roll on that mode that starts with an X. The blighted ridge is a nice midlevel zone but it throws 20k encounters like candy so be very careful about taking lust damage in long fights there. My favorite place to power level is a mix between the ocean with their single enemy encounters and the arena matches. Once you get the hang of the golems you can level up fast at first. Try to make it a goal to be able to take pretty much any challenge in the arena before you tackle the rest of the game for real. You will need that power to make sure you can survive the few fights that have game overs for loss.

Frankly speaking, once you try the hardest mode it becomes very likeable beyond the fact that its a hardcore mode. I wish there were an option to play that mode with the same settings just without the hardcore. Fortunately I keep backups since I use programs that clean temp files frequently. As a result I realized that you can keep your hardcore saves that way if you copy the save files while they are still there and store the copies in a safe spot. Then you just restore them to the folder and they work just fine. Like I said, I had to do that because the chances are if I finish a session one day I may not even have the save files the next day I go to play some more. So its a necessary measure for me. Yeah it cheeses the hardcore part a little bit but I don't mind that.

I have also experimented with other builds such as archers. Hmmm, they can be decent in their own way. But I find myself stocking up on healing and or relying on the risky heal spell during combat when it drags out. The mages tend to be both squishy and somewhat powerful once you build them up enough. They require a lot of patience though. Honestly, I find the melee strength builds to be the easiest types to manage on the hardest mode. At least at the beginning. You still need to understand the game and know where to avoid if you don't want to end your run prematurely. Your greatest enemies will be hunger and money to start with. Getting those companions with nightwatch is a must have unless you don't care about being randomly attacked at night. Let's see, I don't think I missed anything else. Maybe some of you will get curious and start trying out this addicting mode too. If you do what I said then you should stand a chance of managing it.

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
Anyone else only able to make save files and cant load them

Im using google chrome for game tried explorer didn't work either

Ezzy

May 27, 2017
Brazil
Anyone else only able to make save files and cant load them

Im using google chrome for game tried explorer didn't work either
Are you using the standalone player or a web browser?

cheesebehemoth

Feb 28, 2016
Bug report: It looks like it isn't possible to find Marae and get her seed for Minerva's purification quest.
I bug reported this a several versions ago and it seems like it's still a problem.

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
could somebody tell me a way to play mod without browser since its not working

Last edited:

Ezzy

May 27, 2017
Brazil
He just said it and you quoted it as well though...

Now someone else please explain why chrome/explorer is shit for flash, just like pretty much all other browsers. I can't take it anymore...

Terribly sorry about the responde, I was sleepy at that time.

Now actually responding your question, Google is making a integrated flash player into the browser, but as you can see, it's totally buggy and overall shit.
The best viable player to use is the Standalone Flash Player (direct link) made by Adobe themselves, so don't use a browser if you want a (almost) bug free experience.

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
Terribly sorry about the responde, I was sleepy at that time.

Now actually responding your question, Google is making a integrated flash player into the browser, but as you can see, it's totally buggy and overall shit.
The best viable player to use is the Standalone Flash Player (direct link) made by Adobe themselves, so don't use a browser if you want a (almost) bug free experience.
thanks for the link

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I just accidentally discovered that there is a slight glitch with the salamander form. Once you go all the way to 8+ points in that form you will have it stuck as half-salamander in your description from that point on. Note, I do not see any evidence that it bugs anything else up. Its just that the description gets stuck on the Salamander. I was able to transform completely into other forms just fine and the stats updated accordingly. Just... the description gets stuck like I said. By the description I just mean the form name right up near the start of the description passage. I dunno if it was always like this or what but this was actually the first time I tried out the salamander form to see the lustzerker abilities in action. The only thing is, I have to create a clean save if I want to fix the broken racial name now since I play on the hardest mode. Just thought I'd pass this bug along so it could be corrected for the next update. I didn't get a chance to try out all the new forms yet though. I'll have to make new game and start from there again so I can see if any of the new forms cause any other unexpected glitches. It also could have been due to the metamorph perks acting up with the salamander even though I didn't use the metamorph to take any salamander parts. I was trying to switch to dragon but it wasn't changing the racial name so I thought something was up. Then I went in and bought a lot of hummus to revert to human. That's when I knew the racial name was bugged up because it never stopped saying half salamander even though I confirmed that every body part had reverted to human from the save editor even. I don't know yet. I'll create a clean game and dump like 25 salamander waters then 25 of another transformative into the character to see if they have the same bug in the racial name though. Or if anyone else beats me to the punch on doing it since I won't get around to it tonight. I just thought I'd report the bug while it was fresh in my mind.

Voidot

Jun 3, 2017
Unfortunately, there's no glitch for the perm half-salamander morph.

You get 1 point for having the Lustzerker perk.
You get 1 point for having the Salamander Adrenal Glands perk.
You get 1 point for having the Salamander Adrenal Glands (Evolved) perk.
You get 1 point for having the Chimerical Body: Advanced Stage perk (if you also have the Salamander Adrenal Glands perk.

This gives you the 4 points required for half-salamander morph.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
Unfortunately, there's no glitch for the perm half-salamander morph.

You get 1 point for having the Lustzerker perk.
You get 1 point for having the Salamander Adrenal Glands perk.
You get 1 point for having the Salamander Adrenal Glands (Evolved) perk.
You get 1 point for having the Chimerical Body: Advanced Stage perk (if you also have the Salamander Adrenal Glands perk.

This gives you the 4 points required for half-salamander morph.

But what happens when you actually get scores in other races that exceed 4? I was able to tweak my dragon form to 17 but it still reads as perma half salamander. I'll have to fiddle around with it some more to see if anything overrides that. I'll have to experiment some more with this new stuff to see if I can find a way out of that odd situation with the racial description defaulting to half salamander morph regardless of whether or not you might have a racial score in something else that greatly exceeds it. Of course, if it is all determined by order of operations and that salamander morph always lands in the spot to win the bid then I guess I'll have to live with that slight discrepancy.

Also, thanks for saving me the time of testing that out. I would have experimented this morning with the character editor by just dumping tf consumables on a clean character if you hadn't mentioned what is going on here.