CoC Wiki Has weird articles

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah, I think you'll find the wiki has been completely edited.

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
yeah, shit like this just appears for some reason. I don't know if its a bot or some weirdo way of trolling but I frequently check the "recent changes" tab on the TiTs wiki and every once in a while there is some fucking article about diet tips, or copper pipes. SeriousBlueJewel just deletes the page and bans them.

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
Correction; SBJ, Droxzyn and LilithSuccubus can't delete pages, only admins like Jacques and Fen can

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
CoC1 wiki has been dead for ages, these weird articles are bot accounts that create an ad page and/or advertise via their user page. This problem also plagues the CoC2 and TiTS wiki but since they have active editors, they get flagged for spam and then later deleted by the admins. Until such a time that an editor starts working on the CoC1 wiki or if Gedan or Jacques locks down editing for CoC1 wiki, it will stay a problem unfortunately. Or unless user rights (the ability for a certain user to do things) is changed or adjusted

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
So the wiki isn't a reliable source of information anymore?
Dunno, could be. It just doesn't have an editor such that there could be information that's wrong or incorrect, have missing info but the info that's currently there is probably correct.

Zapevery1

Jul 22, 2020
Bunch of spam pages showed up today. I deleted the content and put them in this category https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC/Category:Delete Hopefully a sysop will get to it sometime.
I've been updating the wiki a little at a time. So it's really annoying so dozens of spam accounts show up nearly every day when I try to see if anyone else is doing any changes.
Luckily the spam of pages isn't as bad as account spam.