CoC Web

Hazer

Nov 8, 2017
Glad to know I'm not the only one working on something like this!
I've started working on an Electron version - slowly but surely. :)
I can't wait to see the approach you take for your engine.
Good luck!

end5

Jul 5, 2017
Using different language and far enough along to not want to switch.

Last edited:

Shadowheart328

Dec 13, 2015
Wow! I am also doing the same thing, +1 for using TypeScript as well, though like Hazer I am using electron for native desktop. The main reason I am doing the refactoring is because I am implementing a complete re-write of the game (about half-way done) and I found the original engine lacking for many of the new features I wanted to implement!

end5

Jul 5, 2017
It will not. Once it is done, I will probably make another branch/repo for CoC Web Revamp or something like that. It will basically be another version for major changes including an updated UI and who knows what else.

blindarcher

Nov 23, 2017
Wow, there's a lot of people working on ports... Now I don't feel so bad about making no progress on my own. (I can only program so many hours a day and the body grows weary)
TypeScript is pretty cool.
I think there's a lot of concern over mods in these ports. I don't know how current mods are structured, but certainly javascript is much easier to mod than flash. You could probably just put your revamp changes in a mod and call it a day instead of a whole new branch.
I kinda thought it'd be neat to let people author scenes in-game and share their masterpieces :)

end5

Jul 5, 2017
A modular format for mods is possible. I will attempt it, but I make no gurantees. If I cannot for the base game because of complicated existing logic for certain things, I will make an "Extended" version that can at the sacrifice of content changes.

elementariado

Nov 17, 2016
okay but how to launch this? I mean, i can see, it uses some kind of Typescript programming language etc. Yet how to launch this exactly?

end5

Jul 5, 2017
You have to wait until its converted and compiled. I will post when the first version is available. When it is done, it will be a web page that you can load in a browser.

Last edited:

end5

Jul 5, 2017
Finally a working release. Consider this bug heavy version 1 with lots of content missing. Any help converting content would much appreciated. Its mostly find/replace and converting functions.

Ezzy

May 27, 2017
Brazil
First link is broken...

end5

Jul 5, 2017
This has been completed. Bugs might exist. If you find any, post them here.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
First off: this is incredible. Very, very cool.

Are the sidebar fonts different from the OG stuff? I don't remember it looking quite like that.

Also, while I don't want to speak too soon, if my team doesn't have any problems with it, would you be okay with us hosting up a version of this on the website (assuming there are no major hiccups, and you bold your credit on the title screen ;) ).

end5

Jul 5, 2017
First off: this is incredible. Very, very cool.

Are the sidebar fonts different from the OG stuff? I don't remember it looking quite like that.

Also, while I don't want to speak too soon, if my team doesn't have any problems with it, would you be okay with us hosting up a version of this on the website (assuming there are no major hiccups, and you bold your credit on the title screen ;) ).
I tried to match the original, but the fonts were finicky, so I left it as is. I have no problem with hosting on this site. It will probably need bug fixing at some point.