CoC: Vanilla Plus (Release #04 for CoC 1.0.2)

Should The Black Cock be added? (Based on quality; at least 70% = pass)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
CoC: Vanilla Plus is a modification made to greatly improve the original CoC without the sub-par content. It features QoL, tweaks, and bug fixes from my main mod CoC Revamp Mod.

Features
  • New main menu & settings UI!
  • New stats UI.
  • The return of old sprites as toggle.
  • Overhauled level up.
  • 3rd row of buttons + Tidier dungeon menus.
  • 14 save slots instead of 9!
  • Backwards compatible with the original CoC.
  • Plenty of QoL and tweaks you probably won't notice.
What's Next?
Nothing. Vanilla+ is pretty much finished as is. I've put in a lot of work and I'm already proud of the results.

Either way, enjoy the new additions!

Downloads
Latest Release: March 15, 2018

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think his aim is to make it possible less Revampy and more like Vanilla with 2-3 changes. Thus name itself suggests of no new content just changes to improve exisitng systems in Vanilla. Well at least now and later one some of better written one small parts of new content will be added. Time will show what drection will it take compared to Revamp.

Reactions: Agrok

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
Hi everyone.

What would be considered "sub-par content"?
I'm currently playing the revamp mod (I think, very new to the game) with your (I think, again) extra batch of images, and I'm liking it so far.
The Black Cock is actually very cool imho, it gives the Baazar more of the feeling of a "darkside" Tel Adre, and it feels completed or polished enough to work as-is (it would be cool to see more "patrons" at different times, but good enough)

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
Every piece of writing within the mod that is not part of the normal game.

Gotcha.
Basically stuff like TBC (which brings the poll), the prison and new encounters would be left out, but it'll keep the "updated" changes to the in-game mechanics. Sounds fine, but wouldn't be less time consuming to left out the unfinished stuff? The new encounters are pretty decent, for example.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Gotcha.
Basically stuff like TBC (which brings the poll), the prison and new encounters would be left out, but it'll keep the "updated" changes to the in-game mechanics. Sounds fine, but wouldn't be less time consuming to left out the unfinished stuff? The new encounters are pretty decent, for example.

That's what the actual mod is for. This is for people who don't want the new content, but want the QoL updates.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Will this still use the entirety of the image pack, or just up to what vanilla CoC would use? I honestly cannot remember how much of a difference Revamp was in this regard, but I know a bunch of extra hooks were made that regular CoC did not -- and assumingly still does not -- have.

Btw, off topic, but why does every text editor and text box I've used say the word "assumingly" is not a word? Did the world decide secretly to shun that word in online use or something?

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
According to Miriam-Webster's dictionary, there is no assumingly in the English language. In my own experiences I haven't heard it either.

Must be one of those weird red-headed step child sort of words that isn't officially recognized, but everyone I've talked to seems to think it's a normally recognized word and every search I've ran says it's fine to use.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Btw, off topic, but why does every text editor and text box I've used say the word "assumingly" is not a word? Did the world decide secretly to shun that word in online use or something?
I think the right form of the word is "assumably" or "assumedly".

Reactions: dercas and Agrok

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
Are you going to add in the planned content that got cut, like pure/corrupted Ember?

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Cut content that was written is a possibility but they're polled to determine if they're of sufficient quality.

Pure and Corrupted Ember sadly won't come as it's not even finished. However, should the second release come out (which might happen in 1 month), there will be a poll to determine if the additions to Ember should be implemented. (Sleeping with Ember, Eggshell at 100% affection)

The second release will also have proper recognition for maleherms, Leave button for Gwynn, possibility of bottled spring water and calm mint from Minerva s items. And if the poll passes, the addition of The Black Cock.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
Slight issue. Seems the download link for the Revamp mod links to the Vanilla+ release.
From the landing page, to get to the Revamp, press the blue button that says "Releases" and scroll down to get to the Revamp link.

The thing is that Revamp page links to the latest release on Github, and both this and the revamp are being made on the same page. They would either need to be split up, or for each to link directly to the most recent version of itself, which requires constantly updating the links in the thread as opposed to just making a new update on the github release page.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
How would you download these mods and use them?
Same way you would use the base game: You don't append these mods to the game like Skyrim or what not, they rather completely replace it. Its considered a mod in that it adds onto what the base game offers, more like a premodded game than a mod you attach personally.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
All the mods, be it Revamp, Vanilla+, and the others for CoC, are all stand-alone files. Think of them more as a new or different version of the base game, so they run on their own with need of previous versions' files, just like how one version of Revamp doesn't need you to have already downloaded a previous version of Revamp for it to work.

bum

Jan 24, 2016
I'm not sure its my place to bring this up, but by my count there are now 3 Kitteh centered projects (This, the HTML version and the revamp mod). I don't know who is working on what, but perhaps take it as a friendly warning: be careful Kitteh not to put too much on your plate. The reason I even mention it is I don't think anyone wants to see the same things happen that did with the original COC developement. I don't really know what is going on behind the scenes (how much of a team you have, who can write, who can code), so I leave it at that.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I'd definately try this if it was vanilla only. (That means no written content from the mod.)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There may be Black Cock from mod in this one Woider (as pll above shows it is on the way to be included).

As for working on all three. If Kitteh feel he can pull them all at once then mroe glory for him.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
The Black Cock was originally designed to inclusion to CoC Vanilla, not for the Revamp, but never made it into Vanilla, because the team moved over to work on TITS. Hence why @Kitteh6660 intends to add it to Vanilla+. Otherwise I would have voted no.

@Kitteh6660 doesn't intend to make CoC Vanilla+ a CoC Revamp-. In that case it wouldn't be Vanilla anymore, right?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Few days ago Gedan noted on discord that Black Cock quality was lil below standards as otherwise it would been added. So whenever it was real reason of not adding Black CoCk at the end of work for CoC by devs or moving to TiTS it's up to debate :/

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, the point of this mod is to add in the original content that was cut out originally, which made into the revamp mod, that are now going to be implemented back into the vanilla without the revamp additions. Am I thinking this right?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It's about adding content that was considered by many poeple already completed with good enough quality into vanilla. BUt as noted I seen Gedan few days ago saying quite directly: at time 1.0.2 was made I looked over all existing submission and not found none with enough good quality to add alongside final bosses fight in this final build. So we may or may not try do academic talk if Gedan was right or not on some of content like Balck Cock from back then.

Also those parts of conent that was added to Revamp and in itself was really on good quality but not been in vanilla was never in vanilla and just cut out to be later readded by revamp.

I hope I not explained it in too...complicated way.