COC | Save Function: Naming Entities Glitch

NikoTheCat

Aug 16, 2020
TL;DR: Using the "~<3" in entered text makes text that shows up after it becomes invisible, including on other prompt screens.

//

Playing browser version of CoC (1.0.2) on Mozilla Firefox (79.0, 64-bit).

When I attempt to name a character/NPC or add comments to an in-browser file save, sometimes I will add a heart to it, like "~<3". After doing this, any text that comes after the "~" does not show up.

This includes other text that isn't even in the same textbox.

On one instance, I tried naming the gargoyle with the heart. Instead of going through the normal prompts, it suddenly skips to a new page of a couple sentences of text something along the lines of "You decide against" with the options "Berate her" and "Comforting her". It felt like there was a lot of context missing.

In another instance, creating a save with the ending works fine, but any text after it in that line does not show up. Creating a save in a slot after that one does not show up at all. I noticed this because it seemed that it did not save (it doesn't show up in the list under the "Save" tab), but when in the "Load" tab, it shows the slot that the "invisible" save was in. (screenshots are attached)

This isn't a game functionality error, just a display and quality-of-life one.

I imagine this has to do with the "<" messing with the coding, but I'm not a programmer, so hopefully this is useful. Great game! :D

Attachments

• CoC_bug_name-error_save-tab.png
    CoC_bug_name-error_save-tab.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • CoC_bug_name-error_load-tab.png
    CoC_bug_name-error_load-tab.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1