CoC Load File issue?

deputyanherst

Sep 28, 2016
I've downloaded CoC, but I open the downloaded game in Google Chrome because I don't have another program to play it in.

I saved a file onto my computer, but when I try to load file, it just comes up blank. Am I doing something wrong? There were no files created with it, so I just put the game and the saves in a random folder I titled CoC.

loadfile.png

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
A flash update has messed with the file saving (and maybe loading). There are unconfirmed fixes dotted around the forum. Probably need a megathread for answers.

unyielding

Sep 30, 2016
I have this exact problem on Firefox, please can someone tell me a fix? I am desperate! My old saves are suddenly blank, copying and changing file extentions didnt work, downloading a different coc didn't work, updating flash didnt work, I am out of ideas, absolutely out

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
For whatever reason, Load File doesn't seem to work anymore if you're playing through a browser, and you just get a blank screen with the stats at value 0. Instead, try running the game in a standalone flash player. Use Flash Player Projector to run the .swf and Load File should work.