Chill Pill, a Libido-reduction item [Permanently Rejected, I guess]

Gear Grinder

Jan 6, 2016
I like it so far. I hope it gets into the game.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Effects and lore part on how to fit with popularity of npc's with libido over the top sounds quite reasanable. Maybe it could have some sort of codex that would tell some more how all this bad PR about it side effect is spread.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Made an alteration to the tooltips. I learned in my submission that you can have a shop tooltip and an inventory tooltip for the item. The shop one can be longer, but the inventory one should stay short. Anyways, other than that I couldn't find any spelling, grammar, or sentence structure errors. Good luck on getting this in!

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Effects and lore part on how to fit with popularity of npc's with libido over the top sounds quite reasanable. Maybe it could have some sort of codex that would tell some more how all this bad PR about it side effect is spread.

Thank you! I was actually thinking about doing a codex. I'd initially decided against it because I didn't think I had enough information. But I think I probably do now. Mostly I just need a name. I'll think on it, but I'm pretty bad at coming up with that kind of thing. I don't supposes anyone in this thread would happen to have ideas?

Made an alteration to the tooltips. I learned in my submission that you can have a shop tooltip and an inventory tooltip for the item. The shop one can be longer, but the inventory one should stay short. Anyways, other than that I couldn't find any spelling, grammar, or sentence structure errors. Good luck on getting this in!

That's useful to know, thanks! Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, those are pretty much the only things I'm remotely confident on. It would be really embarrassing if I'd managed to mess up there.

I also rewrote the second half of the shop tooltip, and I think it flows better now.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Name for what you need? Item you named already and for Codex entry title is should be also item name. When you say a little bit more info about for what thing name you need I will try come with some ideas.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Made a small suggestion about coding. I like the idea, and the story you wrote up for it works. I think you should make a Codex entry for it, even if it's just a more formal version of your notes explaining it. With all the crazy sex products out there, it makes sense that something like this would get crushed by companies who think it'd ruin their profits.

I know people without a sex drive are sometimes called "frigid", so maybe "Frigidol" or "Frigidose" as a name could work. "Chill Pill" is fine too.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Name for what you need? Item you named already and for Codex entry title is should be also item name. When you say a little bit more info about for what thing name you need I will try come with some ideas.

Ah, sorry. I meant a name for this hypothetical bankrupt company. I've honestly been in love with the item's current name ever since it was first suggested to me. In terms of company names, the first thing that popped into my head was something like "SolarRise Labs" (founded by Dr. Solar and Dr. Rise) for no particular reason other than that I somewhat enjoy the mental image of a cute retired scientist couple who have mostly recovered from the scandal of their first (and only) attempt at starting an independent company, and are now content to just vacation around the galaxy. I like that kind of happy ending.

Made a small suggestion about coding. I like the idea, and the story you wrote up for it works. I think you should make a Codex entry for it, even if it's just a more formal version of your notes explaining it. With all the crazy sex products out there, it makes sense that something like this would get crushed by companies who think it'd ruin their profits.

I know people without a sex drive are sometimes called "frigid", so maybe "Frigidol" or "Frigidose" as a name could work. "Chill Pill" is fine too.

Thank you. I'm really happy people feel like it meshes with the lore! That was honestly my major concern going into this.

Incidentally, I was actually on the wiki the other day, and noticed that Xenotech has it's own libido/lust reduction item - but it's temporary. It's not something I necessarily intend to pursue, for fear of stepping on toes, but I'd definitely say that my head canon has developed into Xenotech crushing Chill Pill's company, and then stealing the recipe to turn into something that would still keep their customer-base reliant on them.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Okay, so, I just finished typing out a codex entry for SolarRise Labs, the creators of Chill Pill. It seems to be four or five times the size of currently existing company codex pages, so I'm slightly concerned about the implications of that, but okay.

Honestly, writing this has given me a new appreciation for Dr. Lash. Like before, I was just kinda ambivalent, but now that my characters been sitting around in his office, trying various drugs, and listening to him talk about Tesla coils, I've begun to think of him as pretty cool.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Eh, just be careful, Fen doesn't really want anymore new Codex companies/corporations.

Ah, really? Now that you mention it, I think I remember hearing something about that. For some reason my brain interpreted it as an issue about politics or not wanting too many different organizations to be active at once, and I figured a now defunct company would be okay. But looking back on it, it's totally an issue with that section of the codex being overcrowded, isn't it? Oops.

Do you figure the thing would go over better as an item codex, or should I just drop that part of the submission altogether?

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
I think it would probably be best if it was just in the item codex, but that is just me. You may want to ask someone with more knowledge/authority than I.

Alright. It's not really a big deal to me. I'll look into editing it appropriately tomorrow.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Seeing as the company is defunct and not part of the plot, I would say making it's entry part of the item's entry is the way to go.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For this bancrupt company...umm I think it may be tricky one situation. Since it should be company that bancrupted it shouldn't be one of existing thus reason to make new one. But we can also pick way fo that orginal comapny already been forgoten and item itelf been slf as sort of item that can make budget close for some other company. An item that selling merely making up for cost of production but still help in smaller or bigger part to close monthly budget of one of companies we already got.

As for which one it would be peobably one of those making TF's and smaller one so for sure not Xenogen...thou maybe exactly because it sound so ironic Xenogen can making this item but well dealing it in veiled way to not let customers buing ChillPill realize that it's 'Made in Xenogen'.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Alright. I uh.. changed the first sentence, and I think it's become a passable item codex now. Honestly, it's probably better this way, considering its length seems to mesh better with item codexes anyways.

I feel like this item is probably on the verge of being ready for submission, unless anyone sees any glaring errors. I'm not really familiar with the hierarchy here, so who would I talk to about that?

Cupworth

Aug 27, 2015
A couple of years back (2014), I wrote up a similar item called Libidoze which reduced your libido by 50% for a day. The item didn't make it in; I think partially because it was a little to complex for extra effects (I won't link the doc here w/o tori^3's permission, this is chill pill's thread).

The company who made it, J'ejune Pharmaceutical, gained some traction and is now part of the game (which I'm quite chuffed about). I think they could make a decent choice of manufacturer, especially since they already have a bit of a poor reputation and wouldn't care about what JoyCo or Xenogen etc. think. Picking up an actual quality item for cheap from a defunct company also seems like something they'd jump at; not all J'ejune Pharma products would need an overdose effect.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
A couple of years back (2014), I wrote up a similar item called Libidoze which reduced your libido by 50% for a day. The item didn't make it in; I think partially because it was a little to complex for extra effects (I won't link the doc here w/o tori^3's permission, this is chill pill's thread).

The company who made it, J'ejune Pharmaceutical, gained some traction and is now part of the game (which I'm quite chuffed about). I think they could make a decent choice of manufacturer, especially since they already have a bit of a poor reputation and wouldn't care about what JoyCo or Xenogen etc. think. Picking up an actual quality item for cheap from a defunct company also seems like something they'd jump at; not all J'ejune Pharma products would need an overdose effect.

Eh, you can link the doc if you want. No skin off my nose really.

I think I briefly considered putting the item under J'ejune, but ended up going the route now because I really like the idea that individuals are cooking this item up in their basements or whatever, and distributing it around like it's some kind of illegal drug, despite the fact that the effects are nothing but benevolent. The idea that there are all sorts of these equally effective knockoffs sort of adds this extra bit of flavor to me, I guess. But if that ends up falling through, Fen thinks it doesn't fit with the lore or whatever, I'd be honored to take you up on that.

(tori^3? That's adorable - I love it. I've earned a cute nickname, this is my biggest accomplishment, now I can die happily.)

Kodyn

Jun 11, 2016
I went ahead and programmed the pill, so hopefully it's now a review by the TiTS team and a pull request away from being added. I'll put the code for the pill and a git diff of the other files changed (Dr. Lash, Codex, etc.) here if anyone is interested.
Code:
package classes.Items.Miscellaneous
{
    import classes.ItemSlotClass;
    import classes.GLOBAL;
    import classes.Creature;
    import classes.kGAMECLASS;
    import classes.StringUtil;
    import classes.Engine.Interfaces.*;
    import classes.Characters.PlayerCharacter;
    import classes.GameData.CodexManager;
    import classes.GameData.TooltipManager;

public class ChillPill extends ItemSlotClass {

public function ChillPill() {
            this._latestVersion = 1;

this.quantity = 1;
            this.stackSize = 5;
            this.type = GLOBAL.PILL;

this.shortName = "ChillPill";
            this.longName = "Chill Pill";

TooltipManager.addFullName(shortName, StringUtil.toTitleCase(longName));

this.description = "A box containing a single \"Chill Pill\"";

this.tooltip = "This box contains a single dose of \"Chill Pill\", a beige tablet designed to reduce libido. The packaging is poor quality - done in an eye-searing green, and decorated with seemingly irrelevant clipart. \n\nSince the creators of this pill were sued into bankruptcy over supposed side effects, finding anywhere that sells it is surprising. Not even the ongoing rumors connecting the lawsuit to a popular sex product manufacturer were enough to save the brand.";

TooltipManager.addTooltip(shortName, tooltip);

this.basePrice = 2000;

this.version = _latestVersion;
        }

override public function useFunction(target:Creature, usingCreature:Creature = null):Boolean {
            /************************************
             * Effects:
             * - Reduce lust by 15
             * - Remove all heat/rut-like statuses (includes fuck fever)
             * - Reduce libido based on Steele's current libido (chart below)
             *   - >=71  : -15
             *   - 41-70 : -10
             *   - 21-40 : -5
             *   - 11-20 : -3
             *   - 4-10  : -1
             *   - <=3   : No change
             ************************************/
            kGAMECLASS.clearOutput();
            author("toritoritori");
            if (target is PlayerCharacter) {
                // Just to make sure it got unlocked
                CodexManager.unlockEntry("Chill Pill");
                var pc:Creature = target;
                var l:int = pc.libido();

kGAMECLASS.output("The beige pill is an awkward size to swallow, and for a moment it almost feels like it’s gotten stuck in your throat. You find yourself wishing desperately for a drink of water, but before you can finish the thought, the pill has already dissolved, leaving behind only a bitter aftertaste.");

// Reduce lust
                kGAMECLASS.output("\n\nYou take a deep breath and realize that you feel a lot calmer. If nothing else, this pill has certainly made you less aroused.");
                pc.lust(-15);

// Remove heat/rut/fuck fever
                if (pc.inHeat() || pc.inRut() || pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) {
                    kGAMECLASS.output("\n\nThe inescapable warmth in");

// IF the player has all three status effects, use commas instead of "and"
                    if (pc.inRut() && pc.inHeat() && pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) {
                        kGAMECLASS.output(" your [pc.cocksLight], [pc.vaginasLight], and asshole");
                    } else {
                        if (pc.inRut()) kGAMECLASS.output(" your [pc.cocksLight]");

// IF player is in rut AND in heat
                        if (pc.inRut() && pc.inHeat()) kGAMECLASS.output(" and");
                        if (pc.inHeat()) kGAMECLASS.output(" your [pc.vaginasLight]");

// IF player is EITHER in rut OR in heat AND has "Fuck Fever"
                        if ((pc.inRut() || pc.inHeat()) && pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) kGAMECLASS.output(" and");
                        if (pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) kGAMECLASS.output(" your asshole");
                    }

kGAMECLASS.output(" also vanishes, and you no longer feel the overpowering need to");
                    if (pc.inRut()) kGAMECLASS.output(" breed");
                    // IF player is in rut AND has is EITHER in heat OR has "Fuck Fever"
                    if (pc.inRut() && (pc.inHeat() || pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever"))) kGAMECLASS.output(" and to");
                    if (pc.inHeat() || pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) kGAMECLASS.output(" be bred");
                    kGAMECLASS.output(". ");

kGAMECLASS.output("Your");
                    if (pc.inRut()) kGAMECLASS.output(" rut");
                    // IF player is in rut AND has is EITHER in heat OR has "Fuck Fever"
                    if (pc.inRut() && (pc.inHeat() || pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever"))) kGAMECLASS.output(" and");
                    if (pc.inHeat() || pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) kGAMECLASS.output(" heat");
                    kGAMECLASS.output(" has ended.");

if (pc.inRut()) pc.clearRut();
                    if (pc.inHeat()) pc.clearHeat();
                    if (pc.hasStatusEffect("Fuck Fever")) pc.removeStatusEffect("Fuck Fever");
                }

// Reduce libido
                if (l > 3) {
                    kGAMECLASS.output("\n\nIn fact, now that you think about it, there’s a sense of permanence in the reduction of your lust. You know the arousal will come back eventually, but you have a hunch that it’ll take longer than it used to. Your libido has gone down.");

if (l >= 71) {
                        pc.libido(-15);
                    } else if (l >= 41) {
                        pc.libido(-10);
                    } else if (l >= 21) {
                        pc.libido(-5);
                    } else if (l >= 11) {
                        pc.libido(-3);
                    } else if (l >= 4) {
                        pc.libido(-1);
                    }
                } else {
                    kGAMECLASS.output("\n\nNothing else happens. You wait a couple more minutes to be sure, but the drug continues to have absolutely no effect. If you had to guess, you’d say that this medication just can’t bring your libido any lower than it already is.");
                }
            }
            return false;
        }

}

}
Code:
diff --git a/classes/Characters/DoctorLash.as b/classes/Characters/DoctorLash.as
index de318ab..d004004 100644
--- a/classes/Characters/DoctorLash.as
+++ b/classes/Characters/DoctorLash.as
@@ -6,6 +6,7 @@
        import classes.Items.Protection.DecentShield;
        import classes.Items.Miscellaneous.MightyTight;
        import classes.Items.Miscellaneous.Sterilex;
+       import classes.Items.Miscellaneous.ChillPill;
        import classes.Engine.Combat.DamageTypes.TypeCollection;
        import classes.kGAMECLASS;

@@ -26,6 +27,7 @@

inventory.push(new Sterilex());
                        inventory.push(new MightyTight());
+                       inventory.push(new ChillPill());
                        sellMarkup = 1.5;
                        keeperBuy = "You ask to see the doctor’s inventory.\n\nOpening a case lined with pill packets, the doctor responds, <i>“I’ll accept your credits if you are willing to end your species’ nasty habit of procreation. If one is not going to rid themselves of disgusting genitalia, then at least try to make them as useless as possible. Perhaps these can help...”</i>\n";
                        keeperSell = ".....\n";
diff --git a/classes/Creature.as b/classes/Creature.as
index 19e7b4a..c9afd38 100755
--- a/classes/Creature.as
+++ b/classes/Creature.as
@@ -2157,6 +2157,11 @@
                                case "cunts":
                                        buffer = vaginasDescript();
                                        break;
+                               case "vaginasLight":
+                               case "pussiesLight":
+                               case "cuntsLight":
+                                       buffer = vaginasDescriptLight();
+                                       break;
                                case "eachVagina":
                                case "eachPussy":
                                case "eachCunt":
@@ -13970,6 +13975,13 @@
                        }
                        return "ERROR: vagina<b>s</b>Descript called with no vaginas.";
                }
+               public function vaginasDescriptLight():String {
+                       if (vaginas.length == 1) return vaginaNoun2(vaginas[0], true, "default");
+                       if (vaginas.length > 1) {
+                               return plural(vaginaNoun2(vaginas[0], true, "default"));
+                       }
+                       return "ERROR: vagina<b>s</b>DescriptLight called with no vaginas.";
+               }
                // hole tightness checks
                public function isHoleTight(indexNum:Number = -1):Boolean
                {
diff --git a/includes/CodexEntries.as b/includes/CodexEntries.as
index b19b45a..cb08276 100644
--- a/includes/CodexEntries.as
+++ b/includes/CodexEntries.as
@@ -125,6 +125,7 @@ public function configureCodex():void
        CodexManager.addCodexEntry(CodexManager.CODEX_TYPE_ITEM, "Legal Items", "Bubble Buddy", bubbBuddyCodex);
        CodexManager.addCodexEntry(CodexManager.CODEX_TYPE_ITEM, "Legal Items", "Muffstick", muffstickCodex);
        CodexManager.addCodexEntry(CodexManager.CODEX_TYPE_ITEM, "Legal Items", "FizzyFix", fizzyfixCodex);
+       CodexManager.addCodexEntry(CodexManager.CODEX_TYPE_ITEM, "Legal Items", "Chill Pill", chillpillCodex);

//CodexManager.addCodexEntry(CodexManager.CODEX_TYPE_ITEM, "Ships", "9999", shipNameCodex);

@@ -3070,7 +3071,18 @@ public function fizzyfixCodex():void
        CodexManager.unlockEntry("Muffstick");
        CodexManager.viewedEntry("FizzyFix");
 }
-
+public function chillpillCodex():void
+{
+       clearOutputCodex();
+       showBust("9999");
+       outputCodex(header("Chill Pill"));
+       outputCodex("<b>Manufactured By:</b> SolarRise Laboratory");
+       outputCodex("\n\n");
+       outputCodex(blockHeader("About:"));
+       outputCodex("Chill Pill is the first and only product released by the now bankrupt SolarRise Laboratory. Marketed as a libido-reduction drug, Chill Pill quickly became the subject of many lawsuits, with users reporting an overwhelming variety of negative side effects - ranging from hair loss and rashes to stomach ulcers, fatigue, infertility, and headaches.\n\nCompany founders and head scientists, Dr. Morgan Solar and Dr. Harold Rise insisted during proceedings that their product had been thoroughly tested, and that that no such side effects had ever surfaced. However, despite their ability to back these claims up with testing logs and other documents, judges ruled against them again and again.\n\nIt is frequently rumored that a certain well-known sex product manufacturer may have - concerned about the potential loss in sales that decreased libidos would bring - had a hand in the proceedings, possibly financing lawsuits or even paying off court members. In fact, many of the plaintiffs were later discovered to have had preexisting connections with employees of the company itself.\n\nHowever, not even these rumors were enough to stop reputation-conscious stores from pulling the product off their shelves. Already struggling with costs from the court case, and now unable to find buyers for their product or even anyone willing to associate with their brand name, SolarRise was forced to close.\n\nDr. Solar and Dr. Rise seem to have taken the fiasco in remarkably good spirits, and while their current whereabouts are unknown, they later went on to make Chill Pill’s recipe available to the public. Thusly, it is reasonably easy for a dedicated customer to find less reputable sellers stocking functionally similar products - going by names such as Frigidol, Lustop, and Limpstick.\n\nSome sellers even claim to have salvaged stocks of the original product, but it is unclear whether these items are the real deal, or simply more counterfeits.");
+       outputCodex("\n");
+       CodexManager.viewedEntry("Chill Pill");
+}

/* Technology */

diff --git a/includes/tarkus/drLash.as b/includes/tarkus/drLash.as
index be9789e..dd9d847 100644
--- a/includes/tarkus/drLash.as
+++ b/includes/tarkus/drLash.as
@@ -216,11 +216,19 @@ public function walkUpToDocLashAgain(back:Boolean = true):void
        addButton(1,"Talk",talkToDocLash);
        if(pc.hasKeyItem("Doctor Badger's Bimbo Raygun - Still programmed for use on Penny.")) addButton(2,"Raygun?",raygunStuff,undefined,"Ask About Doctor Badger’s Raygun","Talk to Doctor Lash about the raygun Dr. Badger gave you for Penny, and see if he can help you change it to work on her instead");
        shopkeep = chars["DRLASH"];
-       addButton(5,"Buy",buyItem,undefined,"Buy","Ask Dr. Lash if he has any items to sell.");
+       addButton(5,"Buy",lashBuyWrapper,undefined,"Buy","Ask Dr. Lash if he has any items to sell.");
        if(peacekeeperTalkAvailable()) addButton(6,"Peacekeepers",drLashPeacekeeprTalk);
        addButton(14,"Back",mainGameMenu);
 }

+// Buy wrapper to unlock Codex entries
+public function lashBuyWrapper():void
+{
+       CodexManager.unlockEntry("Chill Pill");
+
+       buyItem();
+}
+
 //Genital Removal Menu
 public function genitalRemovalShit():void
 {

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Well. I guess that's that. Finally got a message back, apparently "commonly available" libido-reduction items are not allowed. Definitely would have been nice to know that kind of thing beforehand, before actually writing the item. Or even to have been told upfront that it had been rejected, instead of having to seek that info out myself. But I guess it is what it is.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Apologies for any miscommunication related to this submission. Because the item was already coded by Kodyn, I figured it would be nice to implement for a content patch, so I implemented it along with some other content. After Fenoxo did a review pass of the new additions, he cut Chill Pill and left a brief comment. My assumption was that it didn't make it in because it went against the concept and/or mechanics of the game itself. I did not think to ask for elaboration to report back on the matter in this thread so I am sorry if it caused any confusion.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Apologies for any miscommunication related to this submission.

Thanks for that. Even just the sentiment really means a lot, tbh.

Maybe it could be a bonus or quest reward for something.

I was thinking about that. And honestly, I do think this item would work very well as something that the pc could find discarded in a pile of rubbish on Tarkus. Maybe with a similar frequency to the horse dong, although I guess that would still technically be grindable.. But it would also require a little bit of rewriting, and I think reworking the effects too. With how fast certain stuff causes your libido to go up in game, 15-20 libido isn't that much, if you're only gonna get one of them ever. It'd have to take off a good chunk. And basically, I'm not sure if those are hoops I want to deal with jumping through right now.

It would be interesting if it was a product developed as part of a resolution to Shekka's quest to help her people.

Yeah, would be nice if we could get an item like that, but that would probably call for a different item entirely, I think.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I always thought the Libido stat was more a punishment for being a depraved cockwhore/beefbrain, so having an easy-to-use anti-punishment drug would seem a bit counter-productive, no?