Charmer Build

SH60

Jun 8, 2021
I don't have much clue where to start with this. I know that I want to mainly dealing Resolve damage with some magic on the side when i'm fighting enemy were Resolve damage won't work on them.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Get Song of Splendor and Allure. Currently that's pretty much the only Resolve build that's in the game.

You do need some sort of skill that's useful when fighting enemies that are immune to Resolve, but how you go about it is entirely up to you. Could be offensive magic, could be healing, could be group buffs. Same with companions, if you put them in a Resolve combat set you need to make sure they have alternative options.

Choosing a chest armor piece will be difficult as Armor is a virtual necessity (at least until the balance changes finally come) and you can't get good Armor and good Sexiness/Temptation on the same chest piece.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Presence is your go-to stat because every point in it raises the accuracy of Tease attacks and increases the effectiveness of Song of Splendor. It also acts as a passive boost to your companions which means that it's really good if your Champ or a companion has a summon, probably the latter because if you want them to be a Resolve nuker you don't want to give up that Encounter slot. Gear that raises Sexiness and Temptation will help with the Resolve damage game.

If you plan on having them use offensive magic as their secondary build, obviously go with Willpower for another stat to focus on and look for a good Catalyst-type weapon. As a Charmer you'll eventually get access to Dischord which deals mixed Crushing and Storm damage, before that pick your favorite offensive spell power to go in one of your slots. Or learn several and rotate them around depending on who you're fighting.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Hornet Ring is very good for Charm builds. Bottom heavy belt is currently give more sexiness than it subtracts for tease. Keep in mind the tease draws in threat just like other attacks, so threat reduction or auto heal items are good such as rogues ring, mare ring, and/or ever blossom hood.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Also, libido influences your tease dmg/resist. High libido deals more tease dmg, but is more vulnerable to it.

My goto build is:

Bimbo (yay) with max libido
Agility, willpower, presence

Agility to get a good initiative roll, willpower to counter the high libido penalty, and of course presence.

For gear, I prioritize temptation over sexiness. Temptation gives bonus to damage, and sexiness bonus to "tease accuracy". I never had the issue that my teases do not land, so temptation was more important.

Weapons: I do not like split dmg weapons (which both do dmg/tease). Either I wanna tease a baddie, in which case the split tease is lower than my "tease action", or the baddie is immune to tease, in which case other weapons deal more dmg.

For companions, just take the ones that also v
generate a good amount if thread, or disable enemies. Cait is good, Brint/Brienne, azzy...

FYI, charmer can also make good use of spells.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
For clarity, Sexiness increases the accuracy and damage of tease attacks and powers, while Temptation acts as penetration for tease attacks and powers. It thwarts your opponent's Mental Resist Focus, but doesn't do added damage beyond that. So, if you have 100 Temptation and your opponent has 20 Mental Resist Focus, you will be doing the same damage as if you had 21 Temptation to your opponent's 20 Mental Resist Focus.

However, the advantage of Temptation is that Sexiness caps at 100, which is a very achievable level, especially when you take into account that Song of Splendor raises your Sexiness by 20 for several turns. So it's worthwhile boosting Temptation once your Sexiness has reached the cap.

Erzulie

Oct 4, 2021
The weapon Eternal Delusion fires Mind damage with the Mental damage category (this game's terminology . . .) which can give you some at-will Resolve damage in a pinch, and it has defensive stats. Perhaps alternate between this and Banshee Wail which grants Terrified but does little damage -- but this is theorycrafting.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
I tried the "mental damage" route once or twice, but never really liked it in general. I either tease, which does more resolve damage, or if the enemy is immune to tease and normal HP damage breaks anything faster.

The issue is that I would almost need a team of "mental damagers". Otherwise the mental dps is just too low, and party members cannot really help. Most do normal damage. If my champion uses their turn to inflict mental damage, and brint/brienne just axe's the enemy on their initiative, then my champ has indeed just wasted a turn.