Charge Shield causes static burst to deal damage to you

Val Aruk

Jun 12, 2020
Title. Was fucking about in Uveto, trying to fill out the map and fighting the Milodan bruisers in the far rift, but when they've been triggering the charged shield's melee shock, it takes the total out of my own health & shields. Attaching my most recent save, I wish you all luck as always with resolving this.

Attachments

• Ambroise (M) - 8Hrs 21Mins, 211 Days - Uveto VII, Siretta.json
    626.9 KB · Views: 1

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
I'm also getting this bug.

What I think is happening is the game thinks that the target should be the one getting hit with the counter but it's the attacker that should be getting hit.
I think the error is this line:
JavaScript:
applyDamage({baseDamage: damageRand(new TypeCollection( { electric: target.statusEffectv2("Charged Shield") } ), 15), target: target, attacker: attacker, outputMinimal: true});
I think the target and attacker values should be switched (since a counter is meant to hit the attacker and not the target countering).
JavaScript:
applyDamage({baseDamage: damageRand(new TypeCollection( { electric: target.statusEffectv2("Charged Shield") } ), 15), target: attacker, attacker: target, outputMinimal: true});

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Fixed.

There was an overhall to the applydamage logic last month and all the calls had to be updated. I am guessing this was a "find replace" oversight since in this case the attacker is the one taking the damage.